Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Miletich & White Headed For Reconciliation?

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
It would seem that Dana White has really been busy with bridge repairs lately. First the rumors he's made up with Tito Ortiz and now there are rumors similar is in the works with Pat Miletich. Miletich says he's working to arrange a meeting with White in the coming weeks.

Article

Post #1   7/18/09 1:23:33PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
I like this.

Post #2   7/18/09 1:46:45PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
what was the problem between these two?

Post #3   7/18/09 5:53:01PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,380-1,274
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
who's next matt lindland and josh barnett??

Post #4   7/18/09 6:47:37PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,434-1,251
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Dana White promised Miletich the coaching spot opposite Carlos Newton on TUF 3 and then backed out of his promise and gave it to Ortiz/Shamrock.

Post #5   7/18/09 6:51:31PM   

bootyclause

MMA Regular

Career:1,044-777
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Dana White promised Miletich the coaching spot opposite Carlos Newton on TUF 3 and then backed out of his promise and gave it to Ortiz/Shamrock.

Also, Pat lost his original title to Carlos Newton at UFC 31. Randy vs Rizzo was one of the other main matches there. Then at UFC 34 they wanted to have a rematch of that fight as well as a welterweight title fight - but they didnt want to have the same exact duo of title fights on a second card. So they gave Miletich protege Matt Hughes the shot at Newton's title - which screwed Pat because if Matt won the belt (he did of course) Pat would never get a chance to get it back any time (the Miletich crew wouldnt fight each other).

So in a way he was mad about all that then later on to make it up to him Dana said "OK you're gonna be TUF coach". Then after that Dana made up with Tito and declared Tito and Ken the coaches.....bad enough but he forgot to tell Pat about it. So Pat had his whole family around the tv when Dana was about to officially announce Pat would be coach......then to his horror Dana announced Tito and Ken instead.

Then Pat got hurt in training and mostly retired aside from a couple in the past 3 years. Also, there was a bitterness to it all because Hughes and Sylvia and others were living pretty nice lives still training with Pat while Pat sort of missed the whole money boat that came in for UFC fighters after TUF broke big. He is doing fine of course but not nearly as well as he might have if he had been allowed to fight Newton to get his belt back in the first place.

Post #6   7/18/09 7:05:43PM   

WheelchairBandit

Standup Guy

WheelchairBandit Avatar

Career:667-394
Camp: MMAForReal.com
Chips:

Posted by bootyclause

Also, Pat lost his original title to Carlos Newton at UFC 31. Randy vs Rizzo was one of the other main matches there. Then at UFC 34 they wanted to have a rematch of that fight as well as a welterweight title fight - but they didnt want to have the same exact duo of title fights on a second card. So they gave Miletich protege Matt Hughes the shot at Newton's title - which screwed Pat because if Matt won the belt (he did of course) Pat would never get a chance to get it back any time (the Miletich crew wouldnt fight each other).

By not giving Pat a shot at the belt,they also violated the terms of his contract.

BTW,Hughes was actually a late replacement in that fight.That fight was origanaly supposed to be Carlos Newton vs. Anderson Silva-this was when Anderson was the Shooto 168 pound champ.Pat was then supposed to fight the winner of that fight.Anderson's management ended up pulling him from the fight,and Hughes replaced him,even though he had lost his last fight in the UFC against Dennis Hallman less than a year earlier.

WB.

Post #7   7/18/09 8:33:48PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
wasnt there also some marketing documents stolen from the ufc by pat and brought over to ifl?

Post #8   7/18/09 9:05:28PM   

landstander

MMA Regular

landstander Avatar

Career:51-32
Chips:
I think Pat being a coach in the ifl was the major strain on the relationship. I remember seeing an interview with pat where he said he had talked with dana about the ifl and got the impression that dana said the ifl was good for the sport. then after he signed up to be a coach dana started to cut the ties between them. don't ask me for a link but i think it was a video interview on sherdog.

Post #9   7/19/09 7:48:50AM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
This is one of the old school ufc fighters I would love to see back in the octagon. I think he could hang at 170 in the ufc, not champion material but a formadable oppent for most of the guys in that division.

Post #10   7/19/09 1:37:01PM