Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

tito makes amends with dana!! hint at coming back to ufc!!

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,071-844
Chips:
i knew all along that Mr. Ferrtita would step in and save the day.

Lets look at a fact here.
Last 3 (including current champs)
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffen.

Tito beat Forrest, Draw with Evan's, and nearly chocked Machida out (also took him to the limit in a pretty boring fight.....) What am i saying? Tito has become the man that spawns champs..... not a gatekeeper, a titlekeeper lol... NOW a 100% Tito i believe he is going to show he is still top 10, and i know he has improved his standup, and subs, i expect him to go on a run and get within 1 or 2 fights from a title shot where he may or may not win agianst lets say.....a future champ Jon Jones?!

Post #31   7/18/09 10:49:28AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by tmas

i knew all along that Mr. Ferrtita would step in and save the day.

Lets look at a fact here.
Last 3 (including current champs)
Lyoto Machida
Rashad Evans
Forrest Griffen.

Tito beat Forrest, Draw with Evan's, and nearly chocked Machida out (also took him to the limit in a pretty boring fight.....) What am i saying? Tito has become the man that spawns champs..... not a gatekeeper, a titlekeeper lol... NOW a 100% Tito i believe he is going to show he is still top 10, and i know he has improved his standup, and subs, i expect him to go on a run and get within 1 or 2 fights from a title shot where he may or may not win agianst lets say.....a future champ Jon Jones?!

Dana said that he's not back in the UFC on twitter so its not a done deal yet.

Yes tito and I made up Doesn't mean he's back it means we aren't smashing each other anymore and we don't hate each other.

Link

Last edited 7/18/09 11:26AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #32   7/18/09 11:23:49AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

The fact of the matter is, Tito is still, and will likely remain one of the biggest draws in MMA's short history.

I may be wrong, but I don't agree with this. I think Tito's recent behavior in the UFC and his hiatus from MMA is causing his fan base to whittle away. We now have a number of champions that fullfill a number of niches for different types of fans. I think Tito's previous popularity is becoming more and more irrelevant. His big draws in recent history were based off of specific matchups and/or rivalries more than Tito the fighter (IMO).

Like I said, I could be wrong.

Last edited 7/18/09 5:31PM server time by Rush
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #33   7/18/09 12:43:18PM   

HulkRage

Standup Guy

HulkRage Avatar

Career:1,211-825
Camp: Mountain Top Fight Camp
Chips:
I think it is cool, I am not a big Tito fan, but he does have / or had what it takes to hang with the top 205ers. I was looking forward to seeing Tito vs. Babalu though.

Post #34   7/18/09 1:28:24PM   

TimW001

MMA Sensei

TimW001 Avatar

Career:724-436
Chips:
I don't want Tito on the main card. I don't want to hear him promote fights. I don't want to hear the Tito hype videos. This is going to suck.

Post #35   7/18/09 1:38:32PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

Posted by hippysmacker

I have no wish to see Tito. If I were the UFC I wouldn't sign him.

It think it's easy to forget that the UFC is an Entertainment company first. They are the largest vehicle for bringing the sport of MMA to the masses. but their main goal as an organization is to make a profit. The fact of the matter is, Tito is still, and will likely remain one of the biggest draws in MMA's short history.

His fan base is too large-spread over cross sections of sports fandom to be considered a niche group. He has trancended the sport in the way he sells a fight and is one of the most recognizable fighters of all time. Regardless of the fact that most hardcore fans consider him a washed-up loudmouth he sells PPV's and brings in money for whatever organization he's employed by.

It's a simple matter of economics for ZUFFA. This guy brings in money and ZUFFA are in the money making business.

That's really where the discussion begins and ends folks.

I 100% agree with your assesmnet,and it was well stated, but I don't personally have any wish to see him .

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #36   7/19/09 3:52:38AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
even though i am tired of tito ortiz i still would love to see him fight live once
you all might hate him, i don't blame you, but tito is a big draw, u put him in the main event at ufc 103 and u will see

Post #37   7/19/09 9:33:36AM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:

Posted by zephead

Posted by prozacnation1978

looks like over the weekend thanks to lorenzo that tito finally called a druce with dana white for now, he wants to fight in the ufc instead of afflication and strikeforce,
and with no main event and opponent for ace franklin
tito i am predicting probably will sign very soon back with the ufc and fight rich at 103 in dallas

What's a druce? Is that a combination of dropping a duece on each other and then calling a truce?

LMFAO

Post #38   7/21/09 12:00:05PM   

mmabadboy

Learning to Sprawl

mmabadboy Avatar

Career:22-11
Chips:
i personally hope he does hes a future hall of famer i think hes a gd light heavyweight had sum gr8 fights, maybe he could come up to heavyweight i think theres sum ppl he cud beat up there maybe nt lesner or out but wat about a rematch wit randy, but naa ppl say hes **** but his last fights were with 3 former champs i think he'll do well at 205... but ill believe it wen i see it lol

Post #39   7/22/09 7:19:33PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3