Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

tito makes amends with dana!! hint at coming back to ufc!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
He'll never be the champ again but there are still a few matchups that could happen. Im sure both Forrest and Rashad wouldnt mind getting a rematch against Tito. Call him what you want, he is entertaining.

Post #16   7/17/09 3:31:15PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by bojangalz

*Yawn*

My thoughts exactly. Tito is filled with so much hot air, I don't take anythign he says seriously. Even if it were true, I don't think he has what it takes to be a top 10 fighter

Post #17   7/17/09 3:45:01PM   

pinoymixplaya

MMA Regular

pinoymixplaya Avatar

Career:296-200
Chips:
I would like to see Tito face against Rich Franklin at 103 seeing as how that would sell and it would fill an empty main event slot.

Also I would like to add that a lot of people were saying that Tito is irrelevant and Machida destroyed him, but Machida tooled Rashad Evans much worse than he did Tito, but he is still relevant too isn’t he? And Tito is claiming that he hasn’t been 100% until now after his surgery so maybe this will be the second arrival of a newly established Tito Ortiz.

Post #18   7/17/09 4:57:24PM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

I think there's a website that shows it. 2guys1druce.com

Sorry, as a mod, consider this an official warning...

This is not a free-for-all to buy and sell MMA paraphernalia, gear, and DVD's, nor is this the place to promote your MMA game, blog, website, or anything else.

My face isn't shown in the video on the site.

Only my naked body from the neck down.

How did you recognize me ?

Last edited 7/17/09 5:23PM server time by kpro
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #19   7/17/09 5:22:04PM   

MMA_Alex

MMA Regular

Career:628-325
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

This is not a free-for-all to buy and sell MMA paraphernalia, gear, and DVD's, nor is this the place to promote your MMA game, blog, website, or anything else.

The other guy was wearing a HMC mask...

Post #20   7/17/09 5:26:14PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Kpro

Posted by emfleek

Posted by Kpro

Your azz dimples

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #21   7/17/09 5:42:12PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Chips:
So fans waiting for Fador ended up with Tito...

Posted by Rush

Posted by bojangalz

*Yawn*

My thoughts exactly. Tito is filled with so much hot air, I don't take anythign he says seriously. Even if it were true, I don't think he has what it takes to be a top 10 fighter

He's a underrated fighter by people that dont like him, he however faired much better ageist Lyoto Machida than most and was about a hair from submitting him. I think If he is healthy he will be right back in the top ten with ease.

Last edited 7/17/09 5:58PM server time by slapshot
2 total post edits

Post #22   7/17/09 5:55:25PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,831-1,145
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I am no longer a fan of tito but this did make me think that if he did those rematches with forrest and rashad and WON both he would be in the title mix all it would take is 2 quality win for him to get there

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #23   7/17/09 6:18:11PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:

Posted by slapshot

He's a underrated fighter by people that dont like him, he however faired much better ageist Lyoto Machida than most and was about a hair from submitting him. I think If he is healthy he will be right back in the top ten with ease.

So you discredit anyone's critical assessment of Tito by accusing them of being negatively biased because they don't like him, but you turn around and credit him by saying he ALMOST caught a guy in a sub.? *edit* I want to clarify that it was the fact that Tito was not doing well the whole fight. Just because he almost got Machida in a sub means little in the grand scheme of things (IMO).

Putting Tito's early title run in the UFC aside, his boxing and takedowns are too predictable to be a genuine threat to any top fighter at LHW. His ground and pound is only relevant if he can take a guy down and keep him there.

Of all top 10 LHW fighters listed on this site, I think Tito losing to at least 8 of them is an almost sure thing. There are a few fighters not in the top ten that he would likely lose to as well (Chuck being one of them).

I don't think Tito's exit from the UFC had much to do with his and Dana's relationship, but rather that he wasn't doing well and wanted more money than what he was considered to be worth.

Last edited 7/17/09 6:58PM server time by Rush
3 total post edits

Post #24   7/17/09 6:43:43PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Posted by slapshot

So you discredit anyone's critical assessment of Tito by accusing them of being negatively biased because they don't like him, but you turn around and credit him by saying he ALMOST caught a guy in a sub.?

Putting Tito's early title run in the UFC aside, his boxing and takedowns are too predictable to be a genuine threat to any top fighter at LHW. His ground and pound is only relevant if he can take a guy down and keep him there.

Of all top 10 LHW fighters listed on this site, I think Tito losing to at least 8 of them is an almost sure thing. There are a few fighters not in the top ten that he would likely lose to as well (Chuck being one of them).

I don't think Tito's exit from the UFC had much to do with his and Dana's relationship, but rather that he wasn't doing well and wanted more money than what he was considered to be worth.

I dont know are you negatively biased? You said he would not even make it back into the top ten then stated he would lose to 8 of the top 10 that still puts him at 9 by you're own account.

He didn't almost catch him in a sub he had him in tight triangle choke, thats not a speculation its a fact and Machida himself thought he was going to go out (as he stated in the post fight interview) somehow he slipped out of it but it was very close. His striking was also very improved in that fight and considering who he was fighting its impressive to me looking back on it now.

Chuck is not the same fighter Tito fought before and if that fight happened Id take Tito.

I dont know if he will ever score a title shot again but I do know that a healthy Tito is clearly worthy of top ten fighter consideration and yes I do think one would need to be bias to disagree.

Last edited 7/17/09 7:39PM server time by slapshot

Post #25   7/17/09 7:35:45PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Chips:
No I am not biased at all. I don't like the guy, but that doesn't influence my decision. I don't care for Florian, but I do think he is the most improved TUF fighter and one of the best in the LW division, but I digress.

Regarding ranking him at 9. I may not have been totally clear in my post so I will clarify. I said 8 of the 10 I would be sure they would beat. The other two Forrest and Jardine, I still think have a good chance to win. All in all, I don't think Tito has the tools to be anything but a gatekeeper. Like Hughes (IMO) he just hasn't developed his game and is too predictable.

Post #26   7/17/09 9:47:43PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
just watch tito will sign with ufc, he loves the crowd, the exposure that he won't find any where else, he won't get tito dollars but he still is a major draw to fans

Post #27   7/18/09 1:49:56AM   

Kpro

I STAB WATERBEDS!

Kpro Avatar

Career:2,500-1,283
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Write into his contract that he gets a huge percentage of pay per view buys and then only schedule him for SPIKE's TUF Finale's and Ultimate Fight Night cards.

Problem solved.

Post #28   7/18/09 1:59:21AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,967-1,114
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I have no wish to see Tito. If I were the UFC I wouldn't sign him.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #29   7/18/09 5:35:49AM   

bojangalz

The Original Playground Bully

bojangalz Avatar

Career:1,553-840
Chips:

Posted by hippysmacker

I have no wish to see Tito. If I were the UFC I wouldn't sign him.

It think it's easy to forget that the UFC is an Entertainment company first. They are the largest vehicle for bringing the sport of MMA to the masses. but their main goal as an organization is to make a profit. The fact of the matter is, Tito is still, and will likely remain one of the biggest draws in MMA's short history.

His fan base is too large-spread over cross sections of sports fandom to be considered a niche group. He has trancended the sport in the way he sells a fight and is one of the most recognizable fighters of all time. Regardless of the fact that most hardcore fans consider him a washed-up loudmouth he sells PPV's and brings in money for whatever organization he's employed by.

It's a simple matter of economics for ZUFFA. This guy brings in money and ZUFFA are in the money making business.

That's really where the discussion begins and ends folks.

Post #30   7/18/09 9:29:29AM   

Page 2 of 3     1     2     3