Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Buying some UFC 103 tickets and have questions...

Print  
Posted By Message

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
Hey guys. Thinking about going to UFC 103 in Dallas, TX and am wondering if I want to sit on the 1st or 2nd row, how much do tickets normally run that close to the ring? I don't really want to be on floor level, but maybe the 1st rafters behind the floor level. I also want to try to strategically place myself where the fighters enter so I can high five Cro Cop when he walks in LOL. Any help or tips would be appreciated on the best spots to sit, pricing information, best bang for your buck, where the fighters enter, etc. :) Thanks in advance guys. Heres a layout of the arena:

I would assume they enter from NW / NE from how the arena looks.

P.S. someone let me borrow their UFC fight club membership to purchase tix please!!! Lol Just kidding

Last edited 7/16/09 10:14AM server time by leland
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   7/16/09 10:12:14AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Check the arena's website or Ticketmaster. As always, good luck buying tickets if you're not a Fight Club member or Newsletter subscriber, if you're neither your first chance to get anything left is Saturday. (PS-if they're "sold out" you probably have to pay a bit more on StubHub)

Post #2   7/16/09 10:26:50AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,246-1,208
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
At ufc 87 in MN I dropped $125 and was 2nd row upper deck in the corner. You're gonna drop at least $300 to sit lower level and probably $500-600 to get anywhere near the cage. If you have that type of cash you're a lucky guy. If it comes back, I'm just going with the $50 or $75 tickets. The atmosphere and experience was great.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   7/16/09 10:28:50AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Chips:
Yeah I definitely wanna be on the 1st/2nd row. I have never been to a UFC event (they don't come to FL enough ) and I want to make sure I am near the entrance. Thanks for the info so far guys, I may have to break down and become a UFC fight club member for the presale, even though I think the presale started today if I am correct.

Post #4   7/16/09 10:36:07AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
It started within the hour. Newsletter presale is tomorrow, general public sale starts Saturday at 10 AM ET.

Post #5   7/16/09 10:47:03AM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:

Posted by Leland

Hey guys. Thinking about going to UFC 103 in Dallas, TX and am wondering if I want to sit on the 1st or 2nd row, how much do tickets normally run that close to the ring? I don't really want to be on floor level, but maybe the 1st rafters behind the floor level. I also want to try to strategically place myself where the fighters enter so I can high five Cro Cop when he walks in LOL. Any help or tips would be appreciated on the best spots to sit, pricing information, best bang for your buck, where the fighters enter, etc. :) Thanks in advance guys. Heres a layout of the arena:

P.S. someone let me borrow their UFC fight club membership to purchase tix please!!! Lol Just kidding

When I was in columbus The fighters came out 2 different ways so that would be a bummer if you did get a shot at the High 5 and it wasn't Mirko!

Post #6   7/16/09 11:10:12AM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:2,732-1,514
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I've bought tickets several times, so here's my two cents.

Something to keep in mind is that the seating chart you have will probably not be exactly what it is for the UFC. Usually arenas have a unique chart for the UFC. I looked and didn't see one, so it will be hard to tell what section is by the entrance. They have an MMA chart, but it looks like it's for small shows. They may or may not have the proper chart up when you buy tickets...if not, just work with what ya got.

Obviously, you'll need to be part of the Fan Club if you want a chance of getting 1st or 2nd row lower level seats. They usually reserve some decent tickets for the Newsletter pre-sale, but your odds won't be quite as good. Just so you know, the odds of getting 1st or 2nd row on top of being near the entrance are pretty slim.

As far as cost goes, I would guess that for those seats, it would be $300-400 a piece...and another $75 for a 1 year Fan Club membership. If you decide to try and wait and get tickets elsewhere like ebay or stubhub, you'll probably pay quite a bit for row 1 or 2. If you're a little less picky where you sit in the section, you could probably get tickets for a little over cost, assuming their isn't some crazy demand for the tickets...like there was for Montreal. It's not the UFC's first time in Texas, so I'm assuming there would be a normal demand for the tickets.

Post #7   7/16/09 11:23:40AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Chips:

Posted by grappler0000

I've bought tickets several times, so here's my two cents.

Something to keep in mind is that the seating chart you have will probably not be exactly what it is for the UFC. Usually arenas have a unique chart for the UFC. I looked and didn't see one, so it will be hard to tell what section is by the entrance. They have an MMA chart, but it looks like it's for small shows. They may or may not have the proper chart up when you buy tickets...if not, just work with what ya got.

Obviously, you'll need to be part of the Fan Club if you want a chance of getting 1st or 2nd row lower level seats. They usually reserve some decent tickets for the Newsletter pre-sale, but your odds won't be quite as good. Just so you know, the odds of getting 1st or 2nd row on top of being near the entrance are pretty slim.

As far as cost goes, I would guess that for those seats, it would be $300-400 a piece...and another $75 for a 1 year Fan Club membership. If you decide to try and wait and get tickets elsewhere like ebay or stubhub, you'll probably pay quite a bit for row 1 or 2. If you're a little less picky where you sit in the section, you could probably get tickets for a little over cost, assuming their isn't some crazy demand for the tickets...like there was for Montreal. It's not the UFC's first time in Texas, so I'm assuming there would be a normal demand for the tickets.

Awesome info, thanks alot I may not go for 1st/2nd row seats for this event now that I am looking into it. I am going to try to get the seats I want saturday at 10am, if I cant find something that looks good, I will check out ebay/stubhub for some tickets. Wife just told me to get whatever seats I want, so I wanted to be up front haha she wants it to be our anniversary present, pretty frickin' sweet huh guys?

Post #8   7/16/09 12:32:12PM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Leland

When I was in columbus The fighters came out 2 different ways so that would be a bummer if you did get a shot at the High 5 and it wasn't Mirko!

Ya my ultimate goal is to high five Mirko..... and watch him knock someones head off of course!

Post #9   7/16/09 12:33:24PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,380-1,274
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
have fun!!
but if u wanna pick out ur seat u need to go to a ticketmaster and hopefully those seats won't be taken yet

Post #10   7/17/09 9:57:56AM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:
Floor level definetly has it's advantages, I was floor level for UFN 13 and got to meet Mir, Cotoure, Nick Diaz, Tapout crew, Nickles, Rampage, and last but not least Buffer. The price was like $500 per ticket but it made the experience 100x better and I also would try to get close to an entrance it just enhances the experiance all that much more. Now I was also at UFC 87 and had $250 dollar tickets and had no fighter interaction and had limited view so I was kinda spoiled from my 1st event and would definitly spend the extra cash if you have it.

Post #11   7/17/09 10:25:25AM   

theguido

What the hell happened!

theguido Avatar

Career:428-321
Chips:

. Wife just told me to get whatever seats I want, so I wanted to be up front haha she wants it to be our anniversary present, pretty frickin' sweet huh guys?

KEEP HER

Post #12   7/17/09 10:27:02AM   

playmma

MMA Regular

Career:336-233
Camp: Endo
Chips:
if you are planning on going to the weigh-ins, fight club members were allowed entrance 1hr earlier and had an exclusive Q&A with a ufc fighter (it was Forrest for 88)

Post #13   7/17/09 1:14:41PM