Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Humbled Kimbo Slice Hungry to Prove He's No Fraud In The Octagon

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,245-1,185
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
When EliteXC was in the MMA business, its president, Gary Shaw, had no qualms calling Kimbo Slice the company's "franchise player," comparing his aura to that of Mike Tyson and anointing him as an MMA great. Meanwhile, on the other side of promoter hyperbole, UFC President Dana White would rip EliteXC for its "freakshow" promotion of Slice, and throw an occasional jab at the man himself, saying at one point, "Kimbo Slice would get murdered in the UFC."

But when EliteXC closed up shop and Slice needed a new place to ply his trade, people started asking White if Kimbo could possibly find a home in the octagon. White responded that the only way for Slice to join the UFC was by going on The Ultimate Fighter. Slice called his bluff, and as a result, the UFC and broadcast partner Spike TV are privately expecting the largest ratings in the show's history.

STORY

Post #1   7/16/09 8:44:41AM   

tomp6581

Standup Guy

tomp6581 Avatar

Career:406-255
Chips:
Good on him. I hope he does well enough to say in the UFC.

Post #2   7/16/09 9:54:21AM   

Irish_Pride

MMA Regular

Irish_Pride Avatar

Career:85-54
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
I want to see how good Kimbo does. I think if he can learn some ground game and some technique, he could be pretty good. You can't go into every fight just trying to knock the guy's head off. I hope he does well enough to get in the UFC.

Post #3   7/16/09 1:01:40PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
Kimbo slice of humble pie

Post #4   7/16/09 2:03:32PM   

mmabadboy

Learning to Sprawl

mmabadboy Avatar

Career:22-11
Chips:
i like kimbo he might not be the best technicaly but hes always entertaining and seems quite a respectful guy, i hope he does well on TUF i wish him best of luck

Post #5   7/16/09 3:21:58PM   

5ilvia1

Learning to Sprawl

5ilvia1 Avatar

Career:127-83
Chips:
i think its gonna be a hell of a TUF season... Kimbo is all in all a street brawler and some of the fighters with the biggest fan base are just that. They are entertaining to watch and pretty inspirational for the average guy. Besides, we haven't heard of Kimbo since Petruzelli, who's to say that he hasnt been training like a madman for TUF 10??? I think hes got something to prove for Dana White's remarks!

Post #6   7/16/09 3:50:15PM