Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Yoshihiro Akiyama a little lost in translation during Alan Belcher fight

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“Alan was a very tough fighter. The damage of the low blow in the beginning of the fight was quite strong. I thought that if he hit me there again I wouldn’t be able to continue the fight. I wanted to take a large break but there was confusion during the fight. I misunderstood the referee saying five minutes in English as five seconds, I continued the fight urgently but this took a big toll on the exhaustion of my physical strength. My eye got injured when I got downed on the first round by a left. I felt an abnormality in my eye after the end of the 1st round. One eye was closed so I didn’t know about my sense of distance. Because I couldn’t see any attacks from my opponent’s right side I received a lot of leg kicks from that side. I didn’t continue with the game plan, the only reason I won was my feeling that I really didn’t want to lose this fight. After the fight when I was in the hospital, Dana White came personally and told me first hand that me and Belcher’s fight was elected as the fight of the night. I was very happy…. Alan is the toughest fighter I have faced and I’m proud to have been able to fight him. I will devote myself from now on so please support me.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   7/14/09 11:22:13AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Got to love Akiyama, he's a warrior!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   7/14/09 11:23:40AM   

Jimbo

Standup Guy

Jimbo Avatar

Career:702-408
Camp: The Vuttholios
Chips:
pure class that guy, one big class.

My main deterrence when considering dating him is that hes TOO good looking

Post #3   7/14/09 11:51:04AM   

John_Jobber

MMA Regular

John_Jobber Avatar

Career:430-261
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

“Alan is the toughest fighter I have faced and I’m proud to have been able to fight him. I will devote myself from now on so please support me.”

Dana should think about hiring Sexi to teach Brock a thing or 2 about sportsmanship. Polar opposites when it comes to maturity and class.

Post #4   7/14/09 12:01:13PM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:

Posted by Jimbo

LMAO Jimbo, Zoolander! But its sooooo true, WAR SEXIYAMA (btw I'm using that wallpaper you posted on here a few weeks ago, my girlfriend walks in to use my computer and says "who the hell is sexiyama!". All i said to her was "don't trip girl, you can't compete... The sexiyama is in a league of his own. lol needless to say i was in the dog house that night.

Post #5   7/14/09 12:18:38PM   

loller90278

BANNED

loller90278 Avatar

Career:384-262
Chips:

Posted by John_Jobber

Posted by SmileR

“Alan is the toughest fighter I have faced and I’m proud to have been able to fight him. I will devote myself from now on so please support me.”

Dana should think about hiring Sexi to teach Brock a thing or 2 about sportsmanship. Polar opposites when it comes to maturity and class.

and sexiness..

Post #6   7/14/09 12:25:46PM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,773-944
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Classy guy.

And no, Belcher didn't get robbed, Sexyama won fair and square.

"He's called Sexyama by his female fans... You can call him that if you want, I'm not going to call him that though."
"He is a very handsome man"

ROFL

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #7   7/14/09 12:47:12PM   

Jimbo

Standup Guy

Jimbo Avatar

Career:702-408
Camp: The Vuttholios
Chips:

Posted by fizzle

Posted by Jimbo

LMAO Jimbo, Zoolander! But its sooooo true, WAR SEXIYAMA (btw I'm using that wallpaper you posted on here a few weeks ago, my girlfriend walks in to use my computer and says "who the hell is sexiyama!". All i said to her was "don't trip girl, you can't compete... The sexiyama is in a league of his own. lol needless to say i was in the dog house that night.

hahaha good to know its getting some usage, also props for recognizing the zoolander quote

Post #8   7/14/09 1:02:00PM   

Irish_Pride

MMA Regular

Irish_Pride Avatar

Career:85-54
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
Man, Akiyama is awesome. Very class act after the fight and a tough fighter in the octagon, continuing to fight even after his eye was completely shut. Can't wait to see him fight again.

Post #9   7/14/09 2:08:40PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
people seem to ignore how he greased because he does come off as so humble and classy. i am a fan of Sexiama and i hope that he makes a nice run at MW, but the greasing incident will taint him a bit in my eyes. however, i am a big believer in second chances so i like to believe he put that behind him and will continue to be the charismatic, humble warrior that we all love.

Post #10   7/14/09 2:37:21PM   

NewEnglandMMA

Banned

Career:-
Chips:
Fight definitely was the best of thenight, but Belcher won it..

Post #11   7/22/09 8:39:16PM