Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Randy Couture: Brock Lesnar's Antics Not What UFC Is About

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Former UFC heavyweight champion Randy Couture was, like almost every mixed martial arts fan I've heard from in the last three days, disappointed in the way Brock Lesnar acted after beating Frank Mir at UFC 100. And Couture sounds like he's angling for a shot at Lesnar himself.

"I didn't really expect him to lose his mind after the fight, but he did," Couture said of Lesnar. "That's just not the kind of thing our sport is known for, those kinds of antics and those kinds of comments."

STORY

Post #1   7/14/09 9:52:06AM   

warglory

Heavyweight Champ

warglory Avatar

Career:535-344
Chips:
I think if Couture comes in with the same gameplan he did in their first fight by pinning him up against the cage and having his way with him, I think Couture would take the fight this time.

Post #2   7/14/09 10:56:38AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
The longer it takes to happen, the less and less of a chance Randy has. He is only getting older. Brock is only getting better. I'd still take Brock in a rematch.

Post #3   7/14/09 12:06:42PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:
It's true, that's not what the sport is known for but that type of stuff isn't exclusive to Brock. It would be awesome of Randy did come back to beat him.

Post #4   7/14/09 2:58:09PM   

KUTTER

BANNED

Career:7-2
Chips:
Def not what sports about.But how can someone cast stones on morality at the Lesnar when he said he was gonna mount his wife lol?!!?? Sports not really about veterans trying to stay in the spot light when their time has passed either imo. Randy is a legend but age is a factor period,this isnt WWF no room for Hogans.Id rather see him muster up and redeem himself against lesnar than see Fedor put out his flame permanantly though.

Post #5   7/14/09 4:41:02PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Nice, some bad blood might be starting here with Lesnar and Randy. That makes me want a rematch even more. Mark my words, Couture will hold the heavyweight belt again before he retires.

Post #6   7/14/09 4:50:58PM   

JimiMak

WarWagon Never Die!

JimiMak Avatar

Career:454-333
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:

Posted by warglory

I think if Couture comes in with the same gameplan he did in their first fight by pinning him up against the cage and having his way with him, I think Couture would take the fight this time.

Come in with the same game plan that didn't work against the less experienced Lesnar than the one he would be fighting? The only reason Randy would stand a chance is that he is a master game planner and wouldn't make the same mistakes. BUT Randy really has no chance. Everyone knows that and it's the blind hate on Brock that makes ppl say otherwise.

AND I love how Brock takes flack for stuff that we've all seen tons of fighters do, oh yeah but he pro wrestled for a couple years a long time ago... so it must be allright.

Post #7   7/14/09 5:07:25PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:

Posted by KUTTER

Def not what sports about.But how can someone cast stones on morality at the Lesnar when he said he was gonna mount his wife lol?!!?? Sports not really about veterans trying to stay in the spot light when their time has passed either imo. Randy is a legend but age is a factor period,this isnt WWF no room for Hogans.Id rather see him muster up and redeem himself against lesnar than see Fedor put out his flame permanantly though.

Your talking about the guy like he's mark coleman or ken shamrock. Give the dude a little credit he was winning the fight till he got caught with a hard shot, everything he has done since he came out of retirement IMO and many others has proven father time is a NON issue with him. Dont take my word for it go back and watch his fights with big tim, gabe gonzaga and lesnar untill he got caught.

Post #8   7/15/09 9:01:17AM