Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Dana White “Blown Away” by Brock Lesnar’s Post-Fight Comments; Lesnar Appologizes for “Unprofessional” Remarks

Print  
Posted By Message

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
"I was blown away. I don’t think in the history of the UFC we’ve had anybody do that. It’s not who we are, and, to be honest, it’s not who he is. You hang with these guys personally, and you get to know them. If he was a dick, I’d tell you right now this guy is a psycho and I don’t know what I’m going to do with him. He’s not. He’s a smart guy. The sponsorship thing was the craziest thing I’ve ever heard in my life.

“Brock went so far over the top, I can’t even put it into words. WWE — that’s what it is. We had a talk. We talked like men, and he said he was sorry. He said, ‘I’m embarrassed by what I said.’ I take his word for it this time.”
link

Post #1   7/12/09 8:03:46PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,291-1,224
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
it was pretty crazy i am shocked it upset dana!!
ufc probably got more fans by this, i thought it was kind of cool
lesnar is a different type of guy

Post #2   7/12/09 9:57:43PM   

bustin_mma

Standup Guy

bustin_mma Avatar

Career:1,489-869
Camp: Kame House
Chips:
Imagine how many people were watching the UFC for the first time and seen that this is our Heavyweight Champion. Definitly a black eye for the sport.

Post #3   7/12/09 10:01:52PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,463-760
Chips:
it was not a smart move taking a shot at bud light i can only imagine how much money they pay in sponsorship

Post #4   7/12/09 10:42:02PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

it was not a smart move taking a shot at bud light i can only imagine how much money they pay in sponsorship

Although I did nearly spit out my jack & coke

Post #5   7/12/09 10:57:29PM   

Metafour

MMA Regular

Metafour Avatar

Career:798-433
Chips:
He probably really embarrassed himself looking back at it and will learn from it. I've done some stupid things and then changed for the better because of them. I really don't think he is as bad as he comes off, his emotions were just out of control at the time.

Post #6   7/12/09 11:10:08PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Aside from the Bud Light comment, Dana should be ecstatic. A post fight interview like that is gold. He's the quintessential villian--the fighter you just can't control and contain, and that sells. It was classless yes, but I have to say it was much more entertaining than the average mundane interview. Now everyone will be tuning in to see this guy humbled.

On a side note, the "Hell, I might even get on top of my wife tonight" comment was hilarious.

Last edited 7/12/09 11:15PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   7/12/09 11:13:40PM   

MisterFreeze

Standup Guy

MisterFreeze Avatar

Career:317-283
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Aside from the Bud Light comment, Dana should be ecstatic. A post fight interview like that is gold. He's the quintessential villian--the fighter you just can't control and contain, and that sells. It was classless yes, but I have to say it was much more entertaining than the average mundane interview. Now everyone will be tuning in to see this guy humbled.

On a side note, the "Hell, I might even get on top of my wife tonight" comment was hilarious.

I understand both sides of the arguement. but quite simply, I thought it was funny, and the house full of people who were watching it with me laughed as well.
Now I don't know how funny Bud Light thought it was, but it doesn't really matter, Bud Light would never pull out of their sponsorship. Even if they did UFC could replace them within minutes.

You have it dead on Wolfenstein, Brock is actually doing the company good by acting that way, because it will generate PPV buys from all the people who want to see Brock get KTFO!!
I like Brock, but I would also love to see him be KOed. It comes with the nature of the sport, I watch to see people get hurt. Anyone who says otherwise is lying through their teeth!!

Post #8   7/12/09 11:34:05PM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,200-1,190
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Posted by mentalcase

Although I did nearly spit out my jack & coke

I'm having a jack and pepsi. Coke hasn't paid me sh*t

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #9   7/13/09 12:03:55AM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
notice the open bud light in front of him, while he apologizes, lol

"not biased against any beer" quick save UFC, quick save

Last edited 7/13/09 12:19AM server time by bigbubbano23
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   7/13/09 12:16:34AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
i found his post fight comments a breath of fresh air. it gets old with the same " <insert name> is a great fighter. i want to thank him for the opportunity. now we can be friends and have a beer together". Mir and Herring both talked alot of trash before their fights, Brock chooses to talk afterwards. i dont recall him being like that after fighting randy. i do agree the budlight stuff was a bad idea.

i'm sure had marcus davis not lost to dan hardy he'd have said something similar. minus the stuff about drinking a coors light and getting on top of his wife.

Post #11   7/13/09 7:03:08AM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
What Brock said about Bud Light was the dumbest thing ever. The UFC has been trying to get big name sponsers for a long time. Bud Light was one of the first to give the UFC a chance.

Besides that Brocks attitude and performance Saturday night is going to be what takes the UFC to the next level. Anyone who watched that fight now has an opinion of Brock Lesnar. There is really noone who dont care either way. You either like him or you hate his guts with a passion. Either way you have an emotional attachment. Now when someone comes along who beats his ass. That person will gain tons of fans because he beat the guy they hate.

This is how you turn mainstream casual fans into hardcore passionate fans. For the record i was pissed off at how Brock acted. I have been following MMA hardcore for over 13 years now and what he did was a disgrace. I cant wait for him to get his face beat in. But in the long run it will make a possitive impact IMO.

Post #12   7/13/09 8:44:30AM   

scpd400

MMA Regular

scpd400 Avatar

Career:1,597-1,119
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
The UFC should fine their fighters like other sports do. I don't know if this will solve the problem but money has a funny way of taking care of problems

Post #13   7/13/09 11:28:55AM   

Hideous

Learning to Sprawl

Career:228-178
Chips:
I thought Brock was a d*ck.
I understand smack talk before a fight for hype.And espeically when two people genuinely dont like each other.But after the talk the fight happens and that is where it gets settled. The best man won - end of.
Brock setlled it clearly but then the smack talk after wards was so WWE, so immature and pathetic I felt really embarrassed for martial artists who dedicate their lives to this art. Brock clearly has a long way to go to be a champion for martial arts.
Clealy I hope someone shuts him up with a KO.But also show him the respect as a martial artist afterwards.Anyone getting in theoctogon/ring deserves recpect .

But me thinks that Dana will sign Fedor as soon as he is comfortable and confidant that Brock is unstoppable and would be able to beat Fedor. For a one fight deal even.
I would love to Fedor do a Timmey on Brock!

Post #14   7/13/09 12:23:02PM