Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Prediction: Lesnar's next opponent will be Fedor

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
If he gets by barnett of course. it just makes too much sense right now for it not to happen. Carwin vs. Velasquez, the supposed #1 contender fight isn't going on until october, plus fedor fights josh next month and with a win he has beaten every big contender at heavyweight from every organization in the world but brock lesnar. i think the timing is just too perfect for dana to pass it up, i'm saying right now that this fight happens later this year, possiby december.

Post #1   7/12/09 1:37:23PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Career:383-265
Chips:
This would be nice.

Post #2   7/12/09 2:58:53PM   

MMA4EVER

Learning to Sprawl

MMA4EVER Avatar

Career:218-178
Chips:
Fedor would destroy brock in one round no way brock beats fedor if brock took on mirko mirko would ko brock back to the wwe its a joke that brock got his shot at the belt so soon but yeah he has beaten 2 good fighters in mir and herring if he gets fedor we will know for sure that brock cant hang with the truly best

Post #3   7/12/09 3:13:59PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA4EVER

Fedor would destroy brock in one round no way brock beats fedor if brock took on mirko mirko would ko brock back to the wwe its a joke that brock got his shot at the belt so soon but yeah he has beaten 2 good fighters in mir and herring if he gets fedor we will know for sure that brock cant hang with the truly best

OOOOK, we can all stop with the Brock hating now, he won the belt from Randy and defending it against Mir, even if he doesn't beat Fedor, which he probably won't, that leaves him......SECOND BEST IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION OMG LOOK HOW BAD HE IS.........not......

Mirko is NOT a guaranteed win over Brock, what are you even thinking? Brock would MAUL him on the ground if he can dodge one kick and get a takedown its OVER!

Post #4   7/12/09 4:45:22PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by imanidiot777

OOOOK, we can all stop with the Brock hating now, he won the belt from Randy and defending it against Mir, even if he doesn't beat Fedor, which he probably won't, that leaves him......SECOND BEST IN THE HEAVYWEIGHT DIVISION OMG LOOK HOW BAD HE IS.........not......

Mirko is NOT a guaranteed win over Brock, what are you even thinking? Brock would MAUL him on the ground if he can dodge one kick and get a takedown its OVER!

Doubt he would even throw a kick, it would be the same stratagy as the Coleman fight. No it's not a garenteed win but by the looks of things Brock would have incredible trouble with a guy who can strike and keep it on the feet.

Post #5   7/12/09 4:52:28PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by imanidiot777

Doubt he would even throw a kick, it would be the same stratagy as the Coleman fight. No it's not a garenteed win but by the looks of things Brock would have incredible trouble with a guy who can strike and keep it on the feet.

What makes you think he can keep it on the feet? Brock's takedowns have been completely unstoppable thus far.

Post #6   7/12/09 6:56:57PM   

MMA4EVER

Learning to Sprawl

MMA4EVER Avatar

Chips:
Mirko has great takedown defense im sure he would stop brocks takedowns yeah brock has good hands but not compared to mirko plus mirko has beaten bigger guys than brock and brock would be 2nd best hw i dont think so yeah he has proven himself against randy and frank and heath but there is a lot of other top hws that he has yet to fight and i dont think he could get past josh barnett im sureb shane carwin would ko brock cain velasquez would beat brock standing minotauro would easily submit brock so by saying brock would be 2nd best after fedor beats him down na i wouldnt say 2nd maybe like 10th or lower

Post #7   7/12/09 7:33:24PM   

imanidiot777

In Full Mount

imanidiot777 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA4EVER

Mirko has great takedown defense im sure he would stop brocks takedowns yeah brock has good hands but not compared to mirko plus mirko has beaten bigger guys than brock and brock would be 2nd best hw i dont think so yeah he has proven himself against randy and frank and heath but there is a lot of other top hws that he has yet to fight and i dont think he could get past josh barnett im sureb shane carwin would ko brock cain velasquez would beat brock standing minotauro would easily submit brock so by saying brock would be 2nd best after fedor beats him down na i wouldnt say 2nd maybe like 10th or lower

Look at all of these ridiculous assumptions, what leads you to believe that Cain or Carwin are so much better than Brock standing? They are both wrestlers and not many years ahead of Brock in training. Carwin has been rocked multiple times on the feet and Brock beat Randy standing up.

Post #8   7/12/09 8:21:01PM   

MMA4EVER

Learning to Sprawl

MMA4EVER Avatar

Chips:
Randy doenst have any good stand up to begin with carwin kod gonzaga brock isnt good as everyone thinks he is wait till his big tests come he will fold like a wallet i know mirko would beat him minotauro would beat him im sure velasquez can beat him carwin could beat him and lesnar nuthuggers r ranking him 2nd best like i said not 2nd 10th or lower

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #9   7/13/09 6:46:38AM   

Nightmare27

In Full Mount

Nightmare27 Avatar

Career:570-410
Camp: Strikers Inc.
Chips:
Mirko would get put on his back and pounded. I would love to see a LHK to Lesnar's face but I doubt that he'd get the chance.

Post #10   7/13/09 2:14:06PM   

FesterPatches

Learning to Sprawl

Career:62-68
Chips:
As much as I like Mirko, hed get manhandled. Luckily for him this fight is so far away that he probably wont be fighting in the UFC anymore when its time. As far as Fedor goes...he better start training Leg locks and takedown defense with the likes of a f****** Elephant. Even that wont help IMO.

As much as I hate to say it....Im ready to see him do this to Somebody...Lmao....

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 7/13/09 2:35PM server time by FesterPatches
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   7/13/09 2:27:48PM   

mmadb

MMADB.com

mmadb Avatar

Career:625-342
Chips:
I have this weird feeling that you're probably right. I get the impression that if Fedor beats Barnett, Dana will feel the pressure to make it happen and hopefully all the bullshit he's talked about Fedor over the past decade doesn't come back and bite him in the ass.

Fedor would get an automatic title shot and I would pray that he wins because if he doesn't we are going to be stuck with Brock for a long long time.

Post #12   7/13/09 5:46:12PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
Brock is a world beater, I mean Randy didn't push him around at all and Frank didn't make his stand up look like my sisters.

Post #13   7/13/09 7:56:10PM   

Shadymlm

MMA Regular

Shadymlm Avatar

Career:27-16
Chips:

Posted by MMA4EVER

Wow it never ceases to amaze me how people can never give the devil his dues in this case that devil Would be the UFC Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar. Yes he may have acted like an *** afterwards but you can't deny the pure DOMINATION of what many considered to be a top 10 HW.

Everybody was saying how Frank Mir was gonna sub Brock and take his arm or leg home with him, I'm sure you were one of them and what happened Brock Completely dominated him even more so GSP did Alves and what's your response... Brock would get beat by Cain, who looked less then impressive in his last fight imo and Mirko who hasn't looked impressive at all in the UFC. Carwin does have a chance. Big NOG would not easily submit Brock if Mir has the power to stop Nog then Brock damn sure does imo. AND BROCK WOULD KILL FEDOR 1ST ROUND KO!!!! LOL j/k!!!

Post #14   7/14/09 12:45:04AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I refuse to believe they can sign Fedor until it actually happens, CC might have the better striking but there is no way he could defend the takedowns and though Brocks striking is poor its not like he wouldn't know what to look for and defend and CC would have a horrible time getting off a kick without getting took to the ground.

If someone is going to give Brock a good go they will need to be able to defend the TD, make it a boxing match and be a better striker. Plenty of fighters have the ability to do one or the other but I don't think there is anyone in the UFC right now that can do both.

Post #15   7/14/09 1:17:04AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2