Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Disgusted by Dan

THIS TOPIC HAS BEEN LOCKED Print  
  Page 7 of 8   <<   4     5     6     7     8  
Posted By Message

world_mma

Learning to Sprawl

world_mma Avatar

Career:411-254
Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

IMO if bisping himself didint find anything wrong with it i don't think anyone else should. But again, only my opinion

If he raised even a whimper he would be on a hiding to nothing...
He would be trying to look the bigger man after a humiliating defeat.

I've not seen any word from Bisping. I'm surprised he can talk, even after two days.

Post #91   7/13/09 5:42:31PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:
I think the major argument here, and the point that i feel both sides are disputing over, is whether or not Dan MEANT to give a cheap shot.

-both sides of this argument can agree that fighters are supposed to keep going until the referee stops them.

-both sides can agree that Henderson did not continue to hit Bisping after the referee stepped in.

with those two conditions, Henderson's actions are NOT similar to Babalu's choke, Soko's strikes, Mike Pyle's kicks or any other fight where the fighter kept hitting his opponent after the referee stepped in.

now the argument here is whether or not Dan made the decision to go out of his way to give Bisping an unnecessary shot after he was already out. the things being disputed are:

-Did Dan know Bisping was out cold after the first punch?
-Did Dan hit Bisping the second time with the intention of giving him a cheap shot?

now in my opinion, Dan did not give Bisping that second shot with the intention of giving him a cheap shot. from my own personal experience, it is almost impossible to know if an opponent is out a second after you connect. if you drop a fighter, you have to swarm them and keep fighting until the referee stops you or you jeopardize your opponent recovering. the comment she made at the end of the fight are the strongest evidence of him delivering a second cheap shot. well, from years of following Dan Henderson and the actual time it takes to perceive an opponent as KOed, i have to say that his comments were made to try to get a rise out of the crowd (as others have suggested), albeit they were made in bad taste. i have to admit i did laugh when he said it, and i did go crazy when he landed that right hand and the forearm, but i don't think he delivered that second blow with the intention of causing unnecessary damage; i feel that he delivered that second blow with the intention of securing a win.

Post #92   7/13/09 5:48:50PM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Career:1,223-863
Chips:
he lept into that last punch while bisping was going down. noway for him to have know he was out. you fight until the ref stops it. end of story.

look at guys like yvel and soukedjou if you want to complain about dangerous and irresponsible fighters.

Last edited 7/13/09 6:43PM server time by rearnakedjoke
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #93   7/13/09 6:41:24PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:
His hands went up like he was going to protect himself.

Post #94   7/13/09 7:57:07PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

he lept into that last punch while bisping was going down. noway for him to have know he was out. you fight until the ref stops it. end of story.

look at guys like yvel and soukedjou if you want to complain about dangerous and irresponsible fighters.

LOL. That gif is complete B.S - It totally speeds up the time between the first punch, and the follow up. If you watch, even speeded up you can see Dan take about 4 steps after the initial punch, then jumps when Bispings hands are by his sides.

Last edited 7/13/09 8:58PM server time by aaronno9

Post #95   7/13/09 8:57:41PM   

CwB

MMA Sensei

CwB Avatar

Career:221-151
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by RearNakedJoke

LOL. That gif is complete B.S - It totally speeds up the time between the first punch, and the follow up. If you watch, even speeded up you can see Dan take about 4 steps after the initial punch, then jumps when Bispings hands are by his sides.

ya but you are talking about a matter of 2-3 seconds at the most between punches

When you spend 4 months training for one moment, when that moment comes to finish the fight, your judgement is not the same as all of ours sitting in front of our tvs

Post #96   7/13/09 9:45:14PM   

bigbubbano23

MMA Sensei

bigbubbano23 Avatar

Career:317-197
Camp: Xtreme Couture
Chips:
i just hope bisping now has a permanent lisp, so i can laugh every time he talks crap, no offense to people who have lisps, i will only laugh if bisping has a lisp. not an average person.

Post #97   7/13/09 10:41:08PM   

cmill21

Heavyweight Champ

cmill21 Avatar

Career:444-230
Chips:

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Oh you Brits, his hands briefly went up. On top of that he's fine.

Post #98   7/14/09 12:19:22AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by cmill21

Posted by Aaronno9

Posted by RearNakedJoke

Oh you Brits, his hands briefly went up. On top of that he's fine.

Oh you Canadians. The sky is blue. On top of that, I enjoy orange juice.

Post #99   7/14/09 12:29:48AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Chips:

Could you imagine if Brock did that Mir? People would be screaming all over these forums.

Mir held a leg lock after Lesnar clearly tapped on his ass more than once. no one complained then, except brock. you go until the ref stops you.

i dont hear bisping crying in his tea over it so why are you?

Post #100   7/14/09 12:59:04AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
Ive seen more questionable actions, If anyone is to blame its always the ref because its the ref's job to be in position to stop the fight when it needs to be stopped and clearly he was a bit out of position.

Post #101   7/14/09 1:01:19AM   

RearNakedJoke

In Full Mount

RearNakedJoke Avatar

Chips:

actually it kinda looks like he punched himself in the face. hope he didnt hurt himself.

Post #102   7/14/09 1:02:12AM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by RearNakedJoke

actually it kinda looks like he punched himself in the face. hope he hurt himself miserably .

fixed it for ya'.......

Post #103   7/14/09 1:21:33AM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Dan knew he was defenseless. He stated it himself. He said to Rogan that Bisping always circles to his right hand and that he was timing it

I would rather be out cold and receive that shot than be conscouis, so in essence, Dan did him a favor by landing the hardest shot when he did.

Besides Bisping even said he has heard about this right hand, but no one's seen it in years..or something to that effect. So therefore it couldn't have been so devastating.

What about submissions? If you know it is locked in and the guy won't tap, do you snap?

I'd be upset too, if I picked Bisping and it cost me a bet and a parlay!

Holy Cow Kpro! What a beat down!

I've defended Bisping's action to many of my friends. I sort of saw him as guy he likes to "needle" a bit. Doesn't mean much harm, but sometimes steps over the line.

Bisping was twitching a little, maybe Dan perceived that as intelligence for Bisping?

Honestly, that logo probably did more damage to Bisping's head than Dan's right hand or forearm.

If one shouldn't hit an opponent who can't intelligently defend himself, than maybe the UFC shouldn't have allowed Bisping to fight Dan.

The preceding comments were made after several beers and 12 hours of work. No offense was meant. But come on...not a darn thing wrong here.

I want to state again, and have it answered: What about submissions? If you know it is locked in and the guy won't tap, do you snap?

Last edited 7/14/09 1:25AM server time by roadking95th

Post #104   7/14/09 1:23:43AM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by roadking95th

I want to state again, and have it answered: What about submissions? If you know it is locked in and the guy won't tap, do you snap?

I think thats a pretty poor question to ask, in relation to the topic. Somebody who is refusing to tap is completly differant, to somebody whos lying there unconcious.

Post #105   7/14/09 1:35:49AM   

Page 7 of 8   <<   4     5     6     7     8