Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar Loves Being UFC's Beiggest Villian

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

saem-skin

BANNED

saem-skin Avatar

Career:14-15
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

The odd hatred for pro wrestling by MMA fans is sickening. MMA fans act like they've stumbled upon nuclear fusion when they say it's fake.

No one cares about wrestling being fake or real. Intelligent people find it very hard to understand the attraction to big strong dudes throwing each other around and acting silly with drama's

Therefore we look down on those that do. It's pretty simple actually.

Post #16   7/12/09 4:17:02PM   

Afflicted

MMA Regular

Afflicted Avatar

Career:426-283
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Brock is a god!!! Long live the champ! I love the fact that sooo many people on this site talked soo much crap about Brock and how he would lose again. Brock made Frank Mur look like a little kid out there last night. I was truly hoping it would turn into a five round beating but luckily for Frank it ended because a couple more rounds of that and he might not have walked out of that octagon. I guess he still has his horeshoe after all

Post #17   7/12/09 4:27:22PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by Afflicted

Brock is a god!!! Long live the champ! I love the fact that sooo many people on this site talked soo much crap about Brock and how he would lose again. Brock made Frank Mur look like a little kid out there last night. I was truly hoping it would turn into a five round beating but luckily for Frank it ended because a couple more rounds of that and he might not have walked out of that octagon. I guess he still has his horeshoe after all

Brock is a god

Post #18   7/12/09 4:32:32PM   

saem-skin

BANNED

saem-skin Avatar

Chips:

Posted by originalconspiracy

the dude is all business outside of the ring. very humble, no trash talking, very respectful of everyone. HE knows he was handed the spot he is at now, he admits he has ALOT to learn. so when he gets in the ring and talks trash and jokes about budlight who cares.

uhhh. Obviously we do. He was not joking he was acting like a fool.

so many people act like trash talking is bad but its still a sport and in every sport there are trash talkers. call him a meathead call him what you want, but he will only get better with each fight and unless fedor or barnett come floating along hes gonna be at the top for awhile unless someone worthy is there to take him on.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking, not a single person on this forum ever implied that there was. Do you usually not read what people say and just make things up all the time or what? He says he has no respect for anyone and that is wrong plain and simple. What we are dealing with here is a guy who thinks that because he is bigger and stronger than everyone else that he can do whatever he wants. Remember those guys from Highschool? I wonder what Brocks HS classmates think of him. I'll bet you 1$ that they HATE him. Were he alive 500 years ago I could see him raping and pillaging poor villagers just because he can.

nick diaz embraced joe riggs at the hospital...some people need to lighten up.

yeah I keep hearing that and it sounds like you guys must have been there to know it was all nick's fault right? the comparison doesn't hold any water.

Let's make a list of the classless, rude and disrespectful Captain Meathead has performed in the last 2 days and the virtues to which they correspond. Feel free to add to it if you want.

-saying he has zero respect for his opponents (classless)
-trying to walk out of a press conference (patience of a 5 year old)
-talking about his wife in front of millions of people like she is a piece of meat (classless)
-Talking down to budwiser because they don't pay him (pathetic rapper mentality)
-screaming at a defeated opponent (classless)
-flipping off the entire stadium (total lack of respect)
-Acting like a total juvenile from the boo's and saying "I love it". No he doesn't
-after the fight asking the doctor "Now what do *you* want!" Maybe he wants to do his job there bub?

That's enough reasons for me! Karma's a bitch, and I for one am staging a protest. I refuse to pay to watch any UFC's that this person is involved in. Anything he is involved in from now on... threads, tv interviews. All gone.

I encourage everyone with at least some degree of morality to please stand up and let the UFC know that this is not something we are going to support. People cannot act this way because it is not right. Morality is more important than ever in this day and age. People need to lighten up though, right?

Last edited 7/12/09 4:58PM server time by saem-skin
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   7/12/09 4:38:41PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Just the fact that he improved so much since the first Mir fight shows that he respects MMA. The odd hatred for pro wrestling by MMA fans is sickening. MMA fans act like they've stumbled upon nuclear fusion when they say it's fake.

I don't hate it, I just don't like the phony aspect of it. I like things that are reall and "pro wrestling" is about as fake as it gets

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #20   7/12/09 4:58:26PM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by zephead

I don't hate it, I just don't like the phony aspect of it. I like things that are reall and "pro wrestling" is about as fake as it gets

No, being a mime is about as fake as it gets.

Pro wrestling is a good verses evil play set in a ring. It makes people happy, just like a movie.

And many more people have died in pro wrestling rings than MMA rings or octagons.

Accept it for what it is or don't talk about it.

I was thoroughly entertained by Lesnar's post match antics. Having everyone act the same way gets to be homogeneous and boring. Great, have 99% of the guys be total angels. One black sheep for contrast is good for the sport.

He gets people talking, is not boring, is learning to finish fights, and is a terrific wrestler which is the main fundamental of today's MMA.

Plus Dana is reining him in a bit after last night. You'll soon see the best of all worlds with Brock Lesnar.

Post #21   7/12/09 5:12:14PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,615-1,389
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
just got back from vegas for the fights
awesome time, i never heard so many boos for one guy in any fight
it drowned the arena thank god i wore the gsp shirt instead of brock!!
thank god brock won i won a 4 fight parlay won my money back from mandalay finally cause of brock!!!

Post #22   7/12/09 5:24:55PM   

DaMaGeInC

MMA Regular

DaMaGeInC Avatar

Career:1,259-823
Camp: Team Topaz
Chips:
it would have been nice if dana had blogged yelling at brock after the fight before the press conference. you know i really don't care what he did i'm sure budlight is pretty pissed im sure coors light is happy. if he was little more professional it would be better prolly for the sport but it's nothing this world hasn't seen before. i'm not a big fan of the guy but i do think he can prolly whoop most the heavyweight division in the ufc by sheer size sucks to be anyone under 265

Post #23   7/12/09 5:45:58PM   

2hotty

Learning to Sprawl

2hotty Avatar

Career:856-749
Camp: hot kASH
Chips:
Get off of Brock ! yeah he acted like a meat head, but when you have the adrenalene pumping you can say & do alot. It's entertainment ! This isn't the Royal order of the legion. Its a MMA show for pure entertainment & money. There are no grand masters ,just FANS.Yeah he probably needed to tone it down a notch but thats Brock. Love him/hate him do you think he really cares. He brings the numbers & brings the buisness. His 400k purse kinda shows that vs Mir's 45k. Hes not the greatest ambassador for the sport but he is the Champ ! myself & many others do find him entertaining. & disecting his statements down is dumb, what about Tito ? Diaz brothers & so many many other MMA fighters that have said & done dumb things ? there still human.

Post #24   7/12/09 5:56:37PM   

innovater450

Learning to Sprawl

innovater450 Avatar

Career:774-542
Chips:
Carwin will shut him up if he gets past cain

Post #25   7/12/09 6:21:27PM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,550-909
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
All his talk actually didn't bother me.
I found it entertaining.

What I didn't like was the fact that it happened at UFC 100.
I don't know,I was hoping for something more sentimental considering the UFC is 100 events strong now.
Shed in that light I thought it was bad,but in a way I think Mir has always been a bit cocky.And though I won't go as far to say that he deserved that (the beating was bad enough), I can't say he didn't have something of that caliber coming for a while now.

Post #26   7/12/09 6:21:53PM   

CanadianCripplr

MMA Regular

CanadianCripplr Avatar

Career:1,492-852
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:

Posted by BigBadAl

. . His advantage comes from being naturally, physically massive and that is it. What he did last night goes against everything I respect in martial arts. Disrespectful, childish, barbaric, and totally pre madonna. He is a force without a doubt but he has taken the whole skill aspect out of the game because he will win just by being bigger and stronger than anyone else. I hope they give him Carwin very soon because Brock tends to get hit and if Shane hits him chances are that brock will go to sleep whilst someone else gets on top of his wife?? Classy

So what you are sayin is any musclehead that is really huge can win on size and strength alone? He wins just because hes bigger? I think not. He seems to have serious wrestling credentials to his name and I dont mean WWE. Bad news for all the Brock haters is that he is only gonna get better. As for the guy who said theyhope he just came to make bucketloads of cash and leave think again. He would have stayed in WWE if it was all money. He likes to compete and likes to fight. I dont see him leaving anytime soon.....

Last edited 7/12/09 9:38PM server time by canadiancripplr
Edit note/reason: n/a
3 total post edits

Post #27   7/12/09 9:02:40PM   

originalconspiracy

Learning to Sprawl

originalconspiracy Avatar

Career:767-437
Chips:

Posted by saem-skin

the dude is all business outside of the ring. very humble, no trash talking, very respectful of everyone. HE knows he was handed the spot he is at now, he admits he has ALOT to learn. so when he gets in the ring and talks trash and jokes about budlight who cares.

uhhh. Obviously we do. He was not joking he was acting like a fool.

so many people act like trash talking is bad but its still a sport and in every sport there are trash talkers. call him a meathead call him what you want, but he will only get better with each fight and unless fedor or barnett come floating along hes gonna be at the top for awhile unless someone worthy is there to take him on.

There is nothing wrong with trash talking, not a single person on this forum ever implied that there was. Do you usually not read what people say and just make things up all the time or what? He says he has no respect for anyone and that is wrong plain and simple. What we are dealing with here is a guy who thinks that because he is bigger and stronger than everyone else that he can do whatever he wants. Remember those guys from Highschool? I wonder what Brocks HS classmates think of him. I'll bet you 1$ that they HATE him. Were he alive 500 years ago I could see him raping and pillaging poor villagers just because he can.

nick diaz embraced joe riggs at the hospital...some people need to lighten up.

yeah I keep hearing that and it sounds like you guys must have been there to know it was all nick's fault right? the comparison doesn't hold any water.

Let's make a list of the classless, rude and disrespectful Captain Meathead has performed in the last 2 days and the virtues to which they correspond. Feel free to add to it if you want.

-saying he has zero respect for his opponents (classless)
-talking about his wife in front of millions of people like she is a piece of meat (classless)
-Talking down to budwiser because they don't pay him (pathetic rapper mentality)
-Acting like a total juvenile from the boo's and saying "I love it". No he doesn't
-after the fight asking the doctor "Now what do *you* want!" Maybe he wants to do his job there bub?

That's enough reasons for me! Karma's a bitch, and I for one am staging a protest. I refuse to pay to watch any UFC's that this person is involved in. Anything he is involved in from now on... threads, tv interviews. All gone.

I encourage everyone with at least some degree of morality to please stand up and let the UFC know that this is not something we are going to support. People cannot act this way because it is not right. Morality is more important than ever in this day and age. People need to lighten up though, right?

haha stop crying you dont like him dont watch the fight he is on. and i was referring to the forum people im referring to people i know. ive posted maybe five times the couple years ive been here.

"-saying he has zero respect for his opponents (classless)
-after the fight asking the doctor "Now what do *you* want!" Maybe he wants to do his job there bub?"

hahaha that all just made me laugh thank you. its all classless dont watch brock then buddy haha. this is why i dont post here. this guy right here needs to put the stick out his ass

Post #28   7/12/09 9:48:51PM   

saem-skin

BANNED

saem-skin Avatar

Chips:

Post #29   7/12/09 11:21:16PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2