Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar Loves Being UFC's Beiggest Villian

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
The UFC enters its next centennial with something the company has sorely lacked. A true villain. A snarling, seemingly unstoppable bully plowing through opponents like in World Wrestling Entertainment pretend fights. Brock Lesnar was a star there once. He plays the role to a tee.

LINK

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #1   7/12/09 10:41:10AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
Lesnar has zero class, and in my opinion is the worst heavy weight champion of all time........He has no respect for opponents and no respect for the sport......I hope he continues to get boo'ed because that's what he deserves.

Post #2   7/12/09 11:40:37AM   

originalconspiracy

Learning to Sprawl

originalconspiracy Avatar

Career:767-437
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

Lesnar has zero class, and in my opinion is the worst heavy weight champion of all time........He has no respect for opponents and no respect for the sport......I hope he continues to get boo'ed because that's what he deserves.

come on. some people need to lighten up. its all for show. its like the diaz bros.

Post #3   7/12/09 11:46:27AM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:

Posted by originalconspiracy

Posted by wrona666

come on. some people need to lighten up. its all for show. its like the diaz bros.

The difference is Nick Diaz will embrace his opponents after they fight.....
Brock Lesnar got in Mir's face to talk more shiit after he beat him.......Total meathead.....

Post #4   7/12/09 11:49:50AM   

gartface

Heavyweight Champ

gartface Avatar

Career:1,406-898
Camp: Hand Grenade Hillbillies
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

Posted by originalconspiracy

Posted by wrona666 Lesnar has zero class, and in my opinion is the worst heavy weight champion of all time........He has no respect for opponents and no respect for the sport......I hope he continues to get boo'ed because that's what he deserves.

The difference is Nick Diaz will embrace his opponents after they fight..... Brock Lesnar got in Mir's face to talk more shiit after he beat him.......Total meathead.....

Yeah he embraces them by meeting them in a hospital after he loses and picking a fight with them.

Post #5   7/12/09 12:01:23PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
I don't know about you, but I believe giving up one's million dollar day job, putting in countless hours, and admitting he has a lot to learn does show respect for the sport.

Post #6   7/12/09 12:54:25PM   

crushedbacon

In Full Mount

crushedbacon Avatar

Career:868-562
Camp: West Coast Canada
Chips:
Seriously getting in Mir's face to talk more **** after TKOing him is pathetic. Then flipping off the whole arena? Nice. After that taking a dump on Bud Light! LOL WTF was he thinking saying he's gonna pile back some Coors Light tonite cuz Bud doesn't pay him! Dana must have lost his mind LOL! Then in closing throws out some stupid comment about maybe climbing on top of his wife tonight. Oh and also the refusal to bump hands with Mir, after Mir offered to when they met in the middle.......Brock Lesnar is a mental midget

Post #7   7/12/09 1:23:39PM   

originalconspiracy

Learning to Sprawl

originalconspiracy Avatar

Career:767-437
Chips:
the dude is all business outside of the ring. very humble, no trash talking, very respectful of everyone. HE knows he was handed the spot he is at now, he admits he has ALOT to learn. so when he gets in the ring and talks trash and jokes about budlight who cares. these dudes are doing one of the most barbaric things you can do and to think they have to contain themselves during the fight is stupid. i dont care what he says during the fight, but before and after he is always respectful. he even apologized at the press conference afterwards.

so many people act like trash talking is bad but its still a sport and in every sport there are trash talkers. call him a meathead call him what you want, but he will only get better with each fight and unless fedor or barnett come floating along hes gonna be at the top for awhile unless someone worthy is there to take him on.

nick diaz embraced joe riggs at the hospital...some people need to lighten up.

Post #8   7/12/09 1:32:40PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,109-1,190
Chips:
I personally, cannot stand the guy.

Post #9   7/12/09 1:33:43PM   

MasterNater88

Learning to Sprawl

MasterNater88 Avatar

Career:464-271
Camp: Broderskapet
Chips:
http://mmafrenzy.com/10927/ufc-100-post-fight-press-conference-live-stream/

He's not so bad he was just caught up in the moment. Watch the post fight press conference and he explains that he acted unprofessionally. Apparently Dana had a talk with him about his behavior too. Plus it's a pretty funny conference because eventually everyone leaves and it's only Hendo and Dana.

Post #10   7/12/09 1:43:12PM   

im2fast4u1981

MMA Regular

im2fast4u1981 Avatar

Career:254-142
Camp: Team Xtrem Mma
Chips:
Love him or hate him he is the champ and i cant see anyone one in the ufc heavyweight division beating him..........i dont think he has much class.but he has the strap..................................................

Post #11   7/12/09 2:12:07PM   

Giant_Ochai

BANNED

Career:433-278
Chips:
Just the fact that he improved so much since the first Mir fight shows that he respects MMA. The odd hatred for pro wrestling by MMA fans is sickening. MMA fans act like they've stumbled upon nuclear fusion when they say it's fake.

Post #12   7/12/09 2:29:11PM   

saem-skin

BANNED

saem-skin Avatar

Career:14-15
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

100% man.

This guy is the worst thing for the HW division and the sport in general EVER. He is the opposite of everything a martial artist and a champion should be and typify's all those things that make anti-mma people anti-mma. I do not want my kids looking up to Brock, do you? Look at how he acts in the press conferences and interviews. Walking out, acting like an idiot, etc.. This is NOT an act guys! This is the guys personality. He has no respect for anyone and thinks he is above his own fans to answer question.

I truly hope he is only around to make a butt load of cash and then LEAVE FOREVER. If you fans of this person enjoy being slapped in your face and disrespected -since in essence we are all the ones paying his salary. We buy the PPV's, we buy the T-shirts and click the links and all those things that generate the revenue that pays this class-less jock. I'll stay loyal to guys like GSP and Machida, Rashad and Frank Mir. People I want my children to emulate. You can have the meathead.... Noooo Thanks!

Post #13   7/12/09 4:11:52PM   

fizzle

Standup Guy

fizzle Avatar

Career:181-103
Chips:
Lesnar amuses me. I was up in arms after the Herring fight, but now... I am simply entertained by his antics and loved the Coors Light bit. Anyway, hes got a long way to go but he knows that and admits that so I have to respect him on some level. I know I am interested to see how he continues to progress over the coming years. I don't see anyone having a good shot at beating him for a while unless Fedor or Barnett come over to try.

Post #14   7/12/09 4:14:51PM   

BigBadAl

In Full Mount

BigBadAl Avatar

Career:408-321
Chips:

Posted by Giant_Ochai

Just the fact that he improved so much since the first Mir fight shows that he respects MMA. The odd hatred for pro wrestling by MMA fans is sickening. MMA fans act like they've stumbled upon nuclear fusion when they say it's fake.

From my point of view it has nothing to do with hating pro wrestling. I have been to live WWE events all be it tongue in cheak. The issue I have with Brock is that he goes against everything I love about mixed martial arts. In my eyes he has no technical advantage against anyone. His advantage comes from being naturally, physically massive and that is it. What he did last night goes against everything I respect in martial arts. Disrespectful, childish, barbaric, and totally pre madonna. He is a force without a doubt but he has taken the whole skill aspect out of the game because he will win just by being bigger and stronger than anyone else. I hope they give him Carwin very soon because Brock tends to get hit and if Shane hits him chances are that brock will go to sleep whilst someone else gets on top of his wife?? Classy

Last edited 7/12/09 4:18PM server time by bigbadal
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #15   7/12/09 4:15:50PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2