Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Are the Champs Set in Stone for Awhile?

Print  
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

State_Champ

MMA Sensei

State_Champ Avatar

Career:1,447-862
Camp: The Evil Empire
Chips:
I'm gonna guess that losses go in this order (with the current UFC roster):

1- Penn
2- Lesnar
3-GSP
4/5-Machida & Silva

Post #31   7/18/09 6:20:14PM   

mobmike77

Learning to Sprawl

mobmike77 Avatar

Career:256-209
Chips:
I think Brock will have alot of trouble with anybody who has good takedown defense and better than averge standup. I think Carwin or Cain could have the best chance against Brock because I think if he can't take them down they will outstrike him and to me it looks like Brock kinda panics when he's getting punched in the face.

Post #32   7/21/09 11:12:39PM   

haggiswashere

MMA Sensei

haggiswashere Avatar

Career:384-281
Camp: SKADUSH!!!!
Chips:

Posted by thefyn

Brock: Carwin or Cain will beat him 5 times out of 10.

Well I say Brock wins 5 times out of 10..... haha

Post #33   7/24/09 8:52:52PM   

Tailgunner

MMA Regular

Tailgunner Avatar

Career:143-80
Chips:
GSP will keep his title longer than any other current Champ.

Post #34   7/25/09 2:17:55AM   

Violence108

Standup Guy

Violence108 Avatar

Career:629-417
Camp: Wolfpack Crew
Chips:
I think most of them are, them being Anderson Silva, GSP
I would say Lyoto but he has not defended his belt yet so its hard to tell for me right now on him.
I think that Brock Lesnar can be beat and BJ Penn can.
Brocks game so far is over powering his oppents , but what happens when he fights some just as powerfull, but has better skills, someone like umm Shane Carwin??
BJ Penn, after beating Kenny i saw that he can be beat in some ways
Kenny was pretty even in the stand up, well he wasnt getting picked apart atleast. Some one with Better Strikeing and great takedown defence and good submission defence could beat him, i dont know who that could be at this time for but then again the biggest treat to Bj is Bj.

Post #35   8/13/09 4:37:12PM   

thunderstruck

MMA Regular

Career:30-13
Chips:
id say that sanchaz is the most even skill wise as contender vs champion of any potential contender cominmg up to challenge any of the big five soon ...i dont see lyoto losing , def not anderson (hendos got the best chance , and i will be cheering hardcore for , but i still doubt it ) but i think if anderson moved up to 205 permanently it would open up the mw belt in a very exciting and competitive class at 185 . lesnar i could see getting upset by a man of simalar stature (carwin ) , gsp i feel theres no one remotely close right now . so as far as titles changing hands id say anderson silva , however not by loss but by surrendering it for bigger competition at 205 . next it could be bj penn , cause sanchaz will work him harder than kenflo did , rest assurd .then hw with brock , gsp and lyoto tied for being the ones thatl maintain the longest in my eyes .

Post #36   8/13/09 4:59:53PM   

deebo

Learning to Sprawl

deebo Avatar

Career:747-557
Camp: Hit squad
Chips:
i think all the belts r safe but the only one i wanna see change hands is HW...somebody needs to get that belt from lesnar....that division is the weakest in UFC so hopefully this new season of TUF brings some new talent other than Kimbo

Post #37   8/14/09 11:48:49PM   

juggernautakira

MMA Regular

Career:519-347
Camp: Super Karate Monkey Death Car
Chips:
I think Lytoto has the highest possiblity to lose the belt. Everyone else is diverse in many ways, along with some of them learning. Lyoto has a unorthodox, yet specific style of fighting. Like Chuck before him, hell be easy to figure out.

Post #38   8/15/09 1:48:26PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,358-751
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Well the weakest link in the chain in Lesnar. That's funny to call him the weakest link. But fact is there are some up and coming guys that are just as good at wrestling as him that have just as good if not better stand up. BJ right now also has lot of guys that could beat him and have the ability to do so. GSP, Anderson, and Machida are all fighters that have a strong edge over everyone in their weight class. GSP has cleared out WW. Anderson has more than cleared out MW and is starting to clear out LHW. Machdia has a long ways to go before he clears out LHW but he very much has the ability to do so. BJ has done very well at LW but still has a lot of fights that will be tough. Lesnar is the only one that truly hasn't been tested very much.

Post #39   8/15/09 4:11:00PM   

adamsb

MMA Regular

adamsb Avatar

Career:531-352
Chips:
i think brock will be the first to lose his belt some one with good stand up will beat him they will just need to stay away from the ground with him

Post #40   8/15/09 4:17:26PM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3