Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar lost my respect COMPLETELY!!!

Print  
  Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

How is calling a fighter a piece of sh*t not bashing?

I stand corrected. I read it as saying "PS".

Post #61   7/14/09 3:38:22PM   

david1677

Learning to Sprawl

Career:721-572
Chips:
yes it was meant that way apologies to those i offended i didnt read the proper literature before i posted i will try to follow the rules

Post #62   7/14/09 5:09:16PM   

david1677

Learning to Sprawl

Career:721-572
Chips:
but i still beleive it was more disrespectful to give the finger to someone you have in a triangle as opposed to after the match

Post #63   7/14/09 5:11:42PM   

the_01

MMA Regular

the_01 Avatar

Career:487-358
Chips:
Whether you like him or not, he dosnt care. And I bet we are all eagered to watch him fight again, and try guessing who his next opponent is. The guy is a huge success. Congratulations UFC.

Post #64   7/14/09 6:43:51PM   

fonduktoe

In Full Mount

fonduktoe Avatar

Career:1,573-973
Camp: The Tokyo Bacon Wolves
Chips:
look... i don't care what people have to say on one side of the fence as opposed to the other
the fact that there is a fence is what's extraordinary
he's created as much emotional attachment to the sport as any fighter i've ever seen and be it good or bad you will be drawn to every event where he steps in the cage
i find this to be good for the sport because with emotional attachment comes excitement and excitement begets either satisfaction or disappointment
either way you're hooked

Post #65   7/15/09 1:18:41AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by fonduktoe

look... i don't care what people have to say on one side of the fence as opposed to the other
the fact that there is a fence is what's extraordinary
he's created as much emotional attachment to the sport as any fighter i've ever seen and be it good or bad you will be drawn to every event where he steps in the cage
i find this to be good for the sport because with emotional attachment comes excitement and excitement begets either satisfaction or disappointment
either way you're hooked

Good point. I want to watch him lose, hence more money for the UFC

Lesnar is not a class act at all. Seems like he is trying to be a heel in WWE to me. Kind of sucks. The guy needs to show at least a hint of respect. But I guess you put Mir and Lesnar together and its just back and forth with both of them. They both have huge egos and big mouths.

Post #66   7/16/09 12:56:04PM   

copcopps

Manly Midget

copcopps Avatar

Career:1,398-962
Chips:
Brock needs to change his last name to DIaz that's all I'm gonna say

Post #67   7/16/09 3:03:28PM   

ObsoleteMan

MMA Regular

Career:483-265
Chips:

Posted by Rush

Do I have any more or less respect for Brock after this fight? No. There are a lot of fighters that I think are just as bad or worse than Brock. Running your mouth before or right after the fight is no different in my eyes.

Really? I think it makes a world of difference. Talking trash before a fight a) can get in a guy's head, and maybe nudge him towards not fighting the fight he should, b) hypes the fans up, leading to more buys on your card and c) is almost certainly encouraged by the UFC so they can cut those pre-fight promos. All valid reasons, and none necessarily with any malice.

After a winning fight though? You already proved you're the better fighter; what else needs to be said? It's the height of poor sportsmanship and is something you'll almost never see in a mainstream sport. Even when you do, they get some leeway because they're so established. In a burgeoning sport like this, on the main event of a huge card, probably tens of thousands' first exposure to it, we got Brock Lesnar, WWE superstar, putting on a huge spectacle, flipping off crowds*, spitting at cameras, insulting sponsors, and talking about crawling on top of his wife.

It might get a few more buys to "watch him lose" and all that, but it's not worth the lost respect, imo. Anyone read the 'mainstream' media coverage of the event? It was brutal. MMA can only go so far without being covered regularly in newspapers and TV, and those antics don't help.

*To be fair, the crowd WAS pretty ridiculous with the boos. Lesnar's GNP was way more effective than GSP's was that night, and he got nothing for it from the crowd. He still needs to be the bigger man, though. Take the 3 million they just paid you and walk it off.

Last edited 7/16/09 7:48PM server time by ObsoleteMan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #68   7/16/09 7:46:59PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,363-1,248
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by ObsoleteMan

Really? I think it makes a world of difference. Talking trash before a fight a) can get in a guy's head, and maybe nudge him towards not fighting the fight he should, b) hypes the fans up, leading to more buys on your card and c) is almost certainly encouraged by the UFC so they can cut those pre-fight promos. All valid reasons, and none necessarily with any malice.

After a winning fight though? You already proved you're the better fighter; what else needs to be said? It's the height of poor sportsmanship and is something you'll almost never see in a mainstream sport. Even when you do, they get some leeway because they're so established. In a burgeoning sport like this, on the main event of a huge card, probably tens of thousands' first exposure to it, we got Brock Lesnar, WWE superstar, putting on a huge spectacle, flipping off crowds*, spitting at cameras, insulting sponsors, and talking about crawling on top of his wife.

It might get a few more buys to "watch him lose" and all that, but it's not worth the lost respect, imo. Anyone read the 'mainstream' media coverage of the event? It was brutal. MMA can only go so far without being covered regularly in newspapers and TV, and those antics don't help.

*To be fair, the crowd WAS pretty ridiculous with the boos. Lesnar's GNP was way more effective than GSP's was that night, and he got nothing for it from the crowd. He still needs to be the bigger man, though. Take the 3 million they just paid you and walk it off.

Great post.

Post #69   7/17/09 8:41:36AM   

Page 5 of 5   <<   2     3     4     5