Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Lesnar lost my respect COMPLETELY!!!

Print  
  Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5  
Posted By Message

nickcuc547

BANNED

nickcuc547 Avatar

Career:802-477
Chips:
lost more respect for that crowd last night, gsp was getting cheered for every take down while the fans chant stand them up while brock is turning mir's face into hamburg, i'd a flipped the bird to those ass hats too, the only thing that was bad was the coors light comment, just no need. and i love how it's disrespectful to talk smack after you beat somebody even when the guy that you beat was running is mouth like a pompous jerk leading up to the fight.

Post #46   7/12/09 1:29:42PM   

tdietel01

Standup Guy

tdietel01 Avatar

Career:83-44
Camp: OHIO TOP TEAM
Chips:
Everyone should know that Mir would have done the same if he won, the guy said lesnar hit him like a girl the last fight...... does he still think he hits like a girls? i doubt it!

On the trash talking front...... I dont really care for it, but didnt ali talk alot of trash? also mayweather. cant really blame the guy for self promoting. wasnt he pretty respectful in the coture fight?

Good overall night of fighting, bisping finally got KO'd (little too hard) and GSP is making me wonder if he will ever lose. I think i would pick him against the spider?!?!?

Post #47   7/12/09 1:45:02PM   

Drudinh

MMA Sensei

Drudinh Avatar

Career:1,622-1,069
Camp: Pride FC Forever
Chips:

Posted by Xii

I hardly post here but I have been a huge MMA fan for a long time. Brock does not have an ounce of my respect. A 2-1 record title shot are you f'ing kidding me? Sure the guy hits hard and now knows what he must avoid submission wise but giving him a title shot after 2 wins is outrageous.

Both fighters talked trash before the fight, just like in almost every fight. Lesner's victory was dominating over Frank to the point where Mir looked hurt pretty badly after the fight. This is not the god damn WWE Brock you go an make sure the person is alright for having the balls to step into the ring with you or you keep for fat mouth shut. You don't not touch gloves then talk more trash after beating Mir, flick of the crowd, make rude comments about ufc's sponsors, and yell at the camera until spit goes flying everywhere. Seriously wtf is this guys problem? I think it is Brock who has the horseshoe up his ass. I don't care how freak of an fighter Lesner is his actions are disgusting.

I personally will not be ordering fights Lesner defends his title in. I can wait for the results else where.

WITH A MAN OF FEW BUT WISE WORDS

Post #48   7/13/09 4:14:24AM   

Naturaldisaster

MMA Sensei

Naturaldisaster Avatar

Career:703-452
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I can think of 3 men right off hand that would take lesnars belt and only 1 is in UFC. I think Shane Carwin will beat velasuez and then KO lesnar. But i also think the obvious Fedor and also Bobby Lashley. I pray one of the 3 fights lesnar and shuts him up

Post #49   7/13/09 4:29:15AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I never knew who Brock Lesnar was until he got into MMA so I had no pre-MMA opinions of him. As for him being a professional wrestler prior to MMA, I don't care. He is winning fights so I give him kudos for that. Do I think Mir deserved everything he got in that fight and after. Of course. Do I think Brock could have had the same effect using a different method after the fight, yes of course.

Do I have any more or less respect for Brock after this fight? No. There are a lot of fighters that I think are just as bad or worse than Brock. Running your mouth before or right after the fight is no different in my eyes. Had Mir been a gentleman prior to the fight I don't think Brock would have acted this way and if he did, I would think differently of the situation.

I will be honest, I don't like Mir and never did. It plays a small part in my giving Brock a bit of slack regarding the situation. However, I sit back and think, would I have responded differently if Lesnar was another fighter? No. Would I have responded differently if Mir was a fighter that I liked? Of course, however, that I think that would obviously have more to do with (me) being a sore loser more than what Brock did. Brock would have been the salt in the wounds.

I think (hope) Brock will learn from this lesson and become a better fighter and person from it. If not, well, every hero needs a villain.

BTW, I thought the Coors light comment was funny, though probably a poor decision.

Post #50   7/13/09 9:57:53AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I never knew who Brock Lesnar was until he got into MMA so I had no pre-MMA opinions of him. As for him being a professional wrestler prior to MMA, I don't care. He is winning fights so I give him kudos for that. Do I think Mir deserved everything he got in that fight and after. Of course. Do I think Brock could have had the same effect using a different method after the fight, yes of course.

Do I have any more or less respect for Brock after this fight? No. There are a lot of fighters that I think are just as bad or worse than Brock. Running your mouth before or right after the fight is no different in my eyes. Had Mir been a gentleman prior to the fight I don't think Brock would have acted this way and if he did, I would think differently of the situation.

I will be honest, I don't like Mir and never did. It plays a small part in my giving Brock a bit of slack regarding the situation. However, I sit back and think, would I have responded differently if Lesnar was another fighter? No. Would I have responded differently if Mir was a fighter that I liked? Of course, however, that I think that would obviously have more to do with (me) being a sore loser more than what Brock did. Brock would have been the salt in the wounds.

I think (hope) Brock will learn from this lesson and become a better fighter and person from it. If not, well, every hero needs a villain.

BTW, I thought the Coors light comment was funny, though probably a poor decision.

My thoughts exactly. I couldn't have said it any better myself.

Post #51   7/13/09 10:01:13AM   

david1677

Learning to Sprawl

Career:721-572
Chips:
at least lesnar waited till after the match to give everyone the finger on a ppv
diaz did it during the match on live tv

Last edited 7/14/09 3:54PM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: Removed Fighter Bashing
2 total post edits

Post #52   7/13/09 10:31:50AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,000-1,115
Chips:
I just don't like the guy.

Post #53   7/13/09 11:46:40AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,394-1,281
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
u guys hate him now but you will jump on the band wagon eventually just like u did for machida

Post #54   7/13/09 9:06:35PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

u guys hate him now but you will jump on the band wagon eventually just like u did for machida

Machida was a totally differant situation to Brock. You cant even really compare the two. Machida was totally deserving of his title shot, and is one of the most respectfull guys out their. Brock is a polar oppisite.

Post #55   7/13/09 9:35:57PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Chips:
I really kind of understand where he's coming from, from the crowd to the cocky hype Mir put out I can see how he might get a little out of line. There are a good number of fighters in the UFC I think have bad personality's and Brock is not even in the top 5 IMO.

Post #56   7/14/09 1:31:56AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Chips:

Posted by david1677

at least lesnar waited till after the match to give everyone the finger on a ppv
p.o.s. diaz did it during the match on live tv

Can we stop the fighter bashing, there has been a ton of it after this event.

Post #57   7/14/09 2:41:46PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,281-856
Chips:

Posted by Rush

I hate it when you're so right.

Post #58   7/14/09 3:03:33PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,284-1,206
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Posted by david1677

Did you happen to quote the wrong post? The quoted post doesn't come across as bashing to me.

Post #59   7/14/09 3:13:48PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by slapshot

Posted by david1677

Did you happen to quote the wrong post? The quoted post doesn't come across as bashing to me.

How is calling a fighter a piece of sh*t not bashing?

Post #60   7/14/09 3:18:29PM   

Page 4 of 5     1     2     3     4     5