Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Andre Orlovski - Where did it all go wrong!!

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
Arlovski's road to the belt is alot more difficult that it was a couple of years ago. With Cro Cop, Vera, Herring, Couture and maybe oneday a Sylvia (fight#4?? Ugh) to go through.

No doubt he is talented but I think he will get stopped somewhere in that line up.

Post #16   1/17/07 2:20:41AM   

doomkroom

Learning to Sprawl

Career:498-304
Camp: MMA Weekly
Chips:
arlovski is a top fighter and he will definatley be back at the top of the heavyweight division again

Post #17   1/19/07 4:26:52PM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,993-1,122
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think people get caught ,that's no big deal.Very few people have a chin like the Nogs , Chuck, gomi , Diaz etc. The thing that bothered me was that he fought to not get knocked out, not win in the 3rd fight with Sylvia. Win or lose Arlovski/Cro-cop would be the 2 fastest Hvyweights I've seen.I hope he really is back to training frist. Fedor said in an interview the thing that seperates him from Aleks is training. Alek's and Arlovski are similar to me in ability. Alek's is physically bigger and Arlovski looks in better shape, but they have very similiar skills.

Last edited 1/21/07 3:32AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #18   1/19/07 4:39:50PM   

Fender51

Learning to Sprawl

Fender51 Avatar

Career:22-30
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
I understand CoCrop's rep and record but until he takes the division by storm(which is possible, maybe even probable) then maybe everyone should wait to put the belt on him.

Post #19   1/20/07 9:15:09PM   

spydermonkyman

Learning to Sprawl

spydermonkyman Avatar

Career:98-73
Chips:
I feel that people and sometimes fighters dont truly realizethe importance of training camps.A.A has no camp so to speak Chicago is not the hot bed of M.M.A., I think that if he had a good camp and top training partners to push him he would improve exponentionaly.I really enjoy those Russian Sambo fighters.

WAR A.A in 2007

Post #20   1/27/07 12:22:55PM   

tffdwg38

Banned

tffdwg38 Avatar

Career:16-14
Chips:
i want to see arloski champ again hes great but cro cop might be holding that belt for a long time

Post #21   1/27/07 11:34:15PM   

roadking95th

In Cael We Trust!

roadking95th Avatar

Career:1,351-714
Chips:
Call it "Curse of the Datsik!"

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Post #22   1/30/07 11:29:43PM   

pv3Hpv3p

Heavyweight Champ

pv3Hpv3p Avatar

Career:827-576
Chips:

Posted by Captianjay69
tim sylvia is a joke with a capital J he did get the better of arlovski true but his last two fights (Arlovski 3 and monson) were not challenging fights for him or atleast they didn't look it he didn't try he just defended and in arlovski 3 like another user said he(arlovski) didn't have the fire and can you blame him i can't regardless he was wide open for a knockout acouple times in that fight and sylvia didn't say boo he just made sure he rode out the the desision and we all know that very rarely do they give the belt away on a judges opinion.same thing with monson you look at that fight that short brick bastard pushed the pace till he tired out in the third (i believe) and he was done gassed ready to go and sylvia sat on his thumb.the proof is in the goddamn pudding my friend sylvia must go its one thing to be a good fight but to be a champ you need to be a crowd pleaser look at liddell he draws a crowd ...and with the announcment that couture is comming for his head i couldn't be happier because this is for certian he may beat sylvia but the pitbull will rip him apart and crocop vs arlovski it is a good year to be a pitbull fan people

So Sylvia is a joke because he took two fights (actually 3) to decision? Have you ever wathced a Tim Sylvia fight before that? I am not a huge Sylvia supporter, to be honest AA is still one of my favorite fighters, but Tim was stomping on fools for years before that. Everybody was on his nuts, and then a few unexciting decisions a few bad words are said about him and everyone's sippin the hater-ade... This Sylvia bashing is gotten beyond rediculous...

Let's talk a little about the proof being in the pudding...

Sylvia's record is 23-2

16 (T)KO's

That's almost a 70% KO ratio

5 decision wins about 20%

Tim Silvia is 7th on the list of most (T)KO's in MMA and the only person above him on that list with a higher KO percentage is Yvel and Brink neither of which record's compare to Tim's...

So what pudding were you talking about? Maybe it was some sort of different flavor... because this one tastes like "you-got-owned"

Note source for all fighter and figh stats:
[L=http://www.sherdog.com/stats/fightstats.asp?stats_page=ko_wins_overall.asp]

Post #23   1/31/07 1:39:20PM   

thelastking

MMA Regular

thelastking Avatar

Career:1,960-1,200
Chips:
He looked better than he was becuase of the horrible HW division he may have been able to beat tim in a 4th fight but he will never beat CC so he will never be HW champ again but he is still a good fighter

Post #24   1/31/07 1:57:19PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2