Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Andre Orlovski - Where did it all go wrong!!

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

Drago

Learning to Sprawl

Career:4-9
Chips:
At one point andre orlovski seemes pretty much unbeatable and tipped to be the long term champion in the UFC HW division.
He seems to have lost his confidence, I still think he has the skill to regain the belt.
If tim Sylvia would shrink a bit that would help

Post #1   1/14/07 4:46:08PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
I had a hunch about his losses and it was confirmed during his post-interview fight against Cruz: Arlovski slacked off.

If you looked at his All Access, he was doing a lot of clubbing and buying fancy suits instead of training for his fight. He simply assumed he would KO/submit Sylvia with ease.

Post #2   1/14/07 6:23:17PM   

nate22

Belt Contender

nate22 Avatar

Career:52-35
Chips:
What happened with Arlovski is he came into the UFC, lost against the competent competition then ran up a few impressive victories over B level opponents.

Cue the whole of the MMA internet world to start one of the biggest bandwagons i've personally seen not taking into account any of his flaws or weaknesses instead choosing to focus on how he will be the man to beat Fedor.

The only reason he was tipped to be a long term champion at the time was due to the lacklustre talent pool the UFC had for HW. With the influx of new stars now the division has alot more legitmacy and depth so it will be interesting to see how Arlovski recovers.

His last fight was not all that impressive, it was a cheap shot that effectively ended the fight, a funny cheap shot none the less.

Regaining the belt now will be so much harder as he's more than likely going to have to face CroCop along the way either to get there or for the title itself. It doesn't take a genius to realise that his chances of beating Mirko are slim.

Post #3   1/15/07 9:13:33AM   

DoTheMMAth

MMA Sensei

DoTheMMAth Avatar

Career:1,418-874
Chips:

Posted by nate22

Regaining the belt now will be so much harder as he's more than likely going to have to face CroCop along the way either to get there or for the title itself. It doesn't take a genius to realise that his chances of beating Mirko are slim.

QFT

Arlovski probably got more credit than he was due because of the lack of HW competition combined with the fact that he's a pretty likeable guy for the fans with his fang mouthguard and all and that he likes to go for knockouts keeping it on the feet.

One of my fav Arlovski early career moments: Arlovski vs Datsik

Post #4   1/15/07 11:11:42AM   

SICKRICK

Banned

Career:29-13
Chips:
HE WILL BE CHAMP AGAIN BUT HE WILL HAVE TO GO THROUGH CRO COP, TIM SYLVIA SUCKS

Post #5   1/15/07 11:22:12AM   

pitbull

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Yeh that punch in the face by Orlovski just after the ref had got involved was very opportunist.
It seemed quite a close fight until that dodgy punch!!.

Post #6   1/15/07 2:10:22PM   

sergioryan

Learning to Sprawl

Career:11-5
Camp: the nitemares
Chips:
first of all its arloski and second of all no way he hasnt lost his confidence did u see his last fight both losses to tim are explainable first lucky shot by tim if u watch the replay it actually hit him in the throat and in the second rematch he tore something in his leg so he couldnt give it his all by no means is arloski a punk a wash up or hasbeen even cro cop says he is the most talented heavyweight in the ufc he looks foward to fighting!

Image Attachment(s):

Photo Attachment 1

Last edited 1/15/07 4:30PM server time by sergioryan
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #7   1/15/07 4:29:21PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,310-1,617
Camp: country KO
Chips:
In the second fight with Sylvia he went for a home run too early and got KOed. In the third fight he was afraid to get on the highlight reel again as a victim. In the Cruz fight you could see that he was hungry again. Cro Cop-Arlovski for the heavyweight belt would make a killer main event.

Post #8   1/16/07 12:06:53AM   

Kameleon

MMA Regular

Kameleon Avatar

Career:210-115
Chips:
Sylvia/Arlovski 3 was crap. To me AA didn't have that fire, desire or the eye of the tiger to win that fight. I can guarantee when AA fights Mirko, that will be a contender for fight of the year.

Post #9   1/16/07 1:42:21AM   

Captianjay69

Learning to Sprawl

Captianjay69 Avatar

Career:170-98
Camp: P.G MMA
Chips:
Andrei arlovski is one of those fighters that has tons and tons of potential and like he said after cruz he was slacking off and got cocky with good reason tim sylvia is a joke with a capital J he did get the better of arlovski true but his last two fights (Arlovski 3 and monson) were not challenging fights for him or atleast they didn't look it he didn't try he just defended and in arlovski 3 like another user said he(arlovski) didn't have the fire and can you blame him i can't regardless he was wide open for a knockout acouple times in that fight and sylvia didn't say boo he just made sure he rode out the the desision and we all know that very rarely do they give the belt away on a judges opinion.same thing with monson you look at that fight that short brick bastard pushed the pace till he tired out in the third (i believe) and he was done gassed ready to go and sylvia sat on his thumb.the proof is in the goddamn pudding my friend sylvia must go its one thing to be a good fight but to be a champ you need to be a crowd pleaser look at liddell he draws a crowd ...and with the announcment that couture is comming for his head i couldn't be happier because this is for certian he may beat sylvia but the pitbull will rip him apart and crocop vs arlovski it is a good year to be a pitbull fan people

Last edited 1/16/07 2:03AM server time by Captianjay69
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #10   1/16/07 1:59:46AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
It all went wrong when he charged in chin first in his 2nd match with Sylvia, and went somehow worse when he and Sylvia bored the hell out of the viewers in the 3rd fight due to each of their memories of the 1 huge punch each of them landed in the 2nd fight. He still is the 2nd best HW in UFC next to Cro Cop, but contrary to what I read in these threads, that isn't saying much because it's an incredibly weak division only getting worse with what may be Brandon Vera's possible departure.

Post #11   1/16/07 2:20:26AM   

SmokeyMcPot

Learning to Sprawl

SmokeyMcPot Avatar

Career:65-45
Camp: Unibongers
Chips:
getting ko'd by Ricco and Pedro. Its hard to seem unbeatable when youve been ko's like that.

Post #12   1/16/07 6:44:29PM   

JoeMimic

MMA Regular

JoeMimic Avatar

Career:1,746-1,062
Camp: The Underground
Chips:
You sense that Arlovski is ready to come back to the top of the UFC in that post fight interview he did. He's back to training right and getting out of the club and he's a top 10 fighter when he's on his game. I would love to see him up against Vera or Cro Cop.

Post #13   1/16/07 7:22:26PM   

zephead

The Dancer

zephead Avatar

Career:541-400
Camp: Ground'N'Pound
Chips:
I don't know. when you get popped on the chin, sometimes you drop

"To me the records were just a starting point," recalls John Paul Jones, "The most important thing was always the stage show. So many great nights. At our worst we were still better than most. At our best we could just wipe the floor with the lot of them. It was just a very good live band."

Post #14   1/16/07 9:10:21PM   

Harshaw27

Learning to Sprawl

Harshaw27 Avatar

Career:308-189
Chips:
I"ve read a few times about Arlovskis "cheap shot" on cruz in their fight. Andrei waited for a moment after the ref restarted them and when Cruz went to work on AA's leg not protecting his face, thats when AA cold cocked him.
Also everyone seems to be overlooking another potential contender the HW division. Heath Herring. HH has really only lost to the very best in Pride; Nogueira, Cro Cop, Fedor.

Post #15   1/16/07 10:43:33PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2