Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Wagnney Fabiano likely to face featherweight newcomer Erik Koch at WEC 43

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Fast-rising featherweight contender Wagnney Fabiano (12-1 MMA, 2-0 WEC) is expected to go for his ninth consecutive victory against undefeated WEC newcomer Eric Koch (8-0 MMA, 0-0 WEC) in September at WEC 43.

A source close to one of the fighters told MMAjunkie.com (www.mmajunkie.com) that bout agreements are expected to be distributed and finalized shortly for the 145-pound contest.

WEC 43 takes place Sept. 2 at the Covelli Centre in Youngstown, Ohio, and features a main event of Donald Cerrone vs. Benson Henderson for the WEC's interim lightweight title.

STORY

Post #1   7/8/09 1:18:12PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:
so aldo gets the next title shot then, or what?

Post #2   7/8/09 3:56:25PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,627-1,504
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by XblacksheepX

thats how im seeing it. why not though? hes been as impressive as any fighter in any weight class since he joined the WEC, lets see if hes ready to wear the strap yet.

Post #3   7/8/09 3:58:26PM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,928-1,103
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
That sucks for Erik Koch.

"Congratulations on making the WEC Erik. For your first opponent you will get a Nova Uniao Blackbelt with 8 straight wins who is probaby the 3rd or 4th best FW on the planet. Good luck." -WEC

I saw Erik Koch on a local card in April. He looked like he had some talent and some slick subs. It is a shame he gets thrown the worst match up for him possible.

Post #4   7/8/09 4:33:05PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Im not sold on Fabiano, might be trying to build him up for a title shot with giving him a new guy to the WEC.

I think he should be fighting a contender at FW, but they are throwing koch at him who seems like a submission guy aswell. So it could be a decision win like fabiano's last fight, ground games just negate each other. idk.

Post #5   7/8/09 7:59:40PM   

XblacksheepX

MMA Regular

XblacksheepX Avatar

Career:672-359
Chips:

Posted by cowcatcher

Posted by XblacksheepX

thats how im seeing it. why not though? hes been as impressive as any fighter in any weight class since he joined the WEC, lets see if hes ready to wear the strap yet.

don't get me wrong here, i want aldo to get that shot. no one has been as dominant as him in the wec. but i heard that fabiano might get the shot first, which i would have disagreed with. so now it should be all good then.

by the way, is it possible to watch unaired wec prelims? i hate to miss those...

Post #6   7/9/09 8:42:45AM