Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Report: While Eddie Alvarez out, Gesias "JZ" Cavalcante still in for DREAM.11

Print  
Posted By Message

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:533-335
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
With rumored opponent Eddie Alvarez (18-2) making it clear a DREAM appearance wasn't in his immediate plans, American Top Team's Gesias "JZ" Cavalacante (14-3-1) said he's still in for the as-yet-unannounced DREAM.11 event.

Cavalcante recently told Tatame.com that he still plans on fighting at the event, which is expected to take place in September.

"They offered me Eddie Alvarez and I was excited, but it seems that he's injured or had some other problem and won't be able to fight in the event," Cavalcante told Tatame.com. "I'm confirmed in DREAM.11, but I still have no opponent."

While DREAM had hoped to arrange the matchup for Cavalcante, Alvarez's agent, Monte Cox, recently told MMAjunkie.com his client's recent championship run with Bellator, coupled with a need for some much-deserved time off, would prevent the American from competing at DREAM.11.

Cavalcante will bee seeking his first win since September 2007. The Brazilian slugger has gone 0-2 with one no-contest in three appearances for DREAM. That difficult stretch followed a string of 13-straight bouts without a defeat for Cavalcante between 2004 and 2007.

DREAM.11 will also feature the semifinals of DREAM's "Super Hulk" tournament and featherweight grand prix.

link

Post #1   7/6/09 3:10:59AM