Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Rich Franklin vs. Luiz Cane

Print  
Who Wins and How?
Cane - T(KO) 11 29%
Cane - Submission 0 0%
Cane - Decision 1 3%
Franklin - T(KO) 8 21%
Franklin - Submission 2 5%
Franklin - Decision 16 42%
Posted By Message

chickmagnet

MMA Sensei

chickmagnet Avatar

Career:529-344
Camp: The Pit
Chips:
Luiz Cane recently called out Rich Franklin. Both men have NOT signed for their next fights and I believe this match-up is main event worthy.

Both men are southpaws. Rich Franklin is an akward puncher with excellent kicks. He is a conditioning animal, with a solid grappling background. He always shines late in a fight. Luiz Cane is an aggresive striker with big KO power. He is very strong and puts relentless pressure on his opponents. He ends most fights by KO early in the fight.

This is a very bad matchup for Rich. Rich likes to pick his opponents apart, but Cane is very technical but extremely powerful, overwhelming, and gives his opponents no space to work. He has the perfect style to beat Rich. He is bigger, he has a great chin and a technical attacking style that is very effective. The only way I could see Rich winning is surviving the first and second rounds and wearing Cane down, but it would be very hard to see. I see Cane catching Rich with a big combination and putting him away.

Cane by TKO Round 2

Post #1   7/5/09 4:54:21PM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
If this fight happened, I'd prolly give the nod to Rich. Prolly by decision. I think Rich could hang in there like Cantwell did with Cane. Then Rich use his kicks and odd punches to win a decision.

I wouldnt put this as a main event though. Maybe co-main event at the most. Cane just isnt big enough name yet.

Post #2   7/5/09 5:17:54PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,114-1,253
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I pretty much agree...

I dont know if I would say that Cane is a horrible matchup for Rich....as Rich is pretty much game anywhere a fight goes...I think Anderson Silva is the only horrible matchup for Ace...

but I do think Luiz Arthur, would come in and play spoiler on Richs plans to get a title shot at LHW.....and scoring a TKO win up agaisnt the cage in the clinch..dirty boxing, plus some knees.

Luiz rnd 2 TKO

Post #3   7/5/09 5:20:37PM   

EvenFlow

banned

EvenFlow Avatar

Career:432-232
Chips:
This fight makes perfect sense for both, Cane would knock Rich out in under 2 rounds though and he'll challenge for the belt by early spring or summer of next year assuming he keeps winning big fights.

Post #4   7/5/09 5:23:20PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
i think you guys are underestimating Rich...I think he survives and wins this fight via decision...Cane is tough but to go back Rich has only been beaten by Machida, Hendo, and Anderson...is Cane really good enough to join that group? Hopefully we will find out...soon.

Post #5   7/5/09 6:01:52PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 39-9

sparky Avatar

Career:2,690-1,482
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Cane would make a mess of Franklin in my opinion!!!!

Post #6   7/5/09 6:51:34PM   

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
cane

Post #7   7/8/09 1:45:37AM