Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Henderson Plans To Silence Critics And Bisping

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,928-1,113
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
One of the living legends of mixed martial arts, Dan Henderson, will do battle once again on July 11 on a UFC 100 fight card that is truly of historic origins, much like “Hendo” himself.

Making a name overseas, the Team Quest co-founder has accomplished things that most fighters could only dream of.

LINK

Post #1   7/5/09 11:17:10AM   

Twenty20Dollars

Heavyweight Champ

Career:1,572-1,001
Chips:
Hendo needs to silence Bisping by KOing him or choking him out. Otherwise bisping prolly wont shutup.

Post #2   7/5/09 1:50:24PM   

gnl68

BANNED

Career:392-296
Chips:
Hendo is a class act.Lately though he has been forced to get mad.He usually doesn't make it real personal.Bisping has really gotten under Dan's skin.Bisping has talked about how old,slow,and washed up Hendo is!So Dan has resorted to give Bisping a liitle back.Dan was and still is a more complete fighter then Bisping will ever be.In the close fight with Franklin he showed that a good standup guy can and will have trouble beating him.Bisping is not going to out muscle Dan.He will get stuffed,taken down,and ground n pounded until he is saved by the ref.Go Dan Go.American wrestling 101.

Post #3   7/5/09 5:57:16PM   

clintjack

MMA Regular

clintjack Avatar

Career:851-536
Chips:
Does this pre-fight remind anyone of Tito vs Randy? Tito would be Bisping and Randy would be Hendo. Maybe history will repeat itself??? ('');

Last edited 7/6/09 1:29AM server time by clintjack
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   7/6/09 1:29:08AM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:

Posted by clintjack

Does this pre-fight remind anyone of Tito vs Randy? Tito would be Bisping and Randy would be Hendo. Maybe history will repeat itself??? ('');

At the very least a reenactment of the spanking would be spectacular.

If Bisping win--man I just might have to him mute, because I don't know if I can withstand the gloating, that I'm sure would ensue. I've defended Bisping quite a bit, but he really does seem to go out of his way to be unlikable, and he seems to be completely oblivious as to why.

I actually give Bisping a really good chance in this fight. Bisping studies a lot of film, and there's a ton of film on Dan. I think he can be a bit predictable just loading up on the big right hand, when sometimes he should be pushing to work the clinch and taking guys down.

Post #5   7/6/09 3:12:12AM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,323-880
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

Posted by clintjack

At the very least a reenactment of the spanking would be spectacular.

If Bisping win--man I just might have to him mute, because I don't know if I can withstand the gloating, that I'm sure would ensue. I've defended Bisping quite a bit, but he really does seem to go out of his way to be unlikable, and he seems to be completely oblivious as to why.

I actually give Bisping a really good chance in this fight. Bisping studies a lot of film, and there's a ton of film on Dan. I think he can be a bit predictable just loading up on the big right hand, when sometimes he should be pushing to work the clinch and taking guys down.

I tend to agree with you regards Bisping's recent tirade of mouthiness. I've always been a supporter of his, but after seeing him on TUF, although we all know that some editing can skew opinion if done in a certain manner, I have to say he came across as a bit of a d***.

One thing that particularly annoyed me about his chat was he constant reference to the UK team as 'England' - which although can be explained away somewhat given the fighters were all from England, is disrespectful to the rest of the UK.

That all being said, he's certainly not unique in his arrogance and cockiness, there are a ton of MMA fighters out there who certainly give him a run for his money regards those personality traits, I think it just annoys certain people in the fanbase more due to his nationality, and of course, THAT fight we never tire of hearing.

I said it before the Leben fight, that I kinda hope he goes get beat so that we get a break from all the bashing he gets on here - despite the fact it's apparently against the rules.

Last edited 7/6/09 10:05AM server time by moob
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #6   7/6/09 10:05:24AM