Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

TSN: "OTR", "Next question" and "1 on 1" with Wand (3 vids)

Print  
Posted By Message

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
EDIT: OOPS, One more OFF THE RECORD

LINK TO 1-on1
Talks training and the best fighters

LINK TO Next Question
Soft ball questions as always, but a fun interview to watch. Talks UFC 100 predictions and retirement

Last edited 7/4/09 11:39AM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a
5 total post edits

Post #1   7/4/09 9:35:14AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
What Wandy was in my backyard and I didn't know about it? Arg. It would've been crazy to see him on the street.

I have to say that that interview just made me like the guy a whole lot more.

Awesome

Post #2   7/4/09 9:44:29AM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
All the years in Pride i never liked Silva. But as soon as he come to the UFC. He started being promoted better. He also starting speaking English in interviews. Now i really like the guy. He is just a very nice guy. The emotion he showed after the Jardine fight. The way he feels about his fans and the respect he shows Dana and the Fertitas for bringing him in just shows the kind of person he is that never come across while in Pride.

Post #3   7/4/09 12:31:09PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:
I think a lot of American guys in PRIDE felt intimidated by Chute Box back then. Maybe they even wanted and promoted that image.

But watch PRIDE:Decade. Don Frye talks about meeting him for the first time in person and thought he would have to fight him on the spot. Wand walked up and offered him some gum.

Post #4   7/4/09 12:49:38PM   

ThaAxeMurderer7

MMA Sensei

ThaAxeMurderer7 Avatar

Career:1,277-814
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

I think a lot of American guys in PRIDE felt intimidated by Chute Box back then. Maybe they even wanted and promoted that image.

But watch PRIDE:Decade. Don Frye talks about meeting him for the first time in person and thought he would have to fight him on the spot. Wand walked up and offered him some gum.

Haha. Here is the clip with Frye talking about Wandy.

Link

Post #5   7/4/09 12:57:12PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Chips:

Posted by ThaAxeMurderer7

Haha. Here is the clip with Frye talking about Wandy.

Link

That's the one! 's not being lazy like me and finding it

Post #6   7/4/09 1:45:05PM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
Its impossible to not like Wand! He really is such a nice guy outside the cage but got him spot on, true gent outside of the ring but he'd destroy you in it!

I hope Wand stays true to what he said and fights for another 5 years! I'll watch him no matter what!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #7   7/4/09 1:49:28PM   

Chuteboxer

Standup Guy

Chuteboxer Avatar

Career:297-176
Camp: The Grappling Academy
Chips:

Posted by SmileR

Its impossible to not like Wand! He really is such a nice guy outside the cage but got him spot on, true gent outside of the ring but he'd destroy you in it!

I hope Wand stays true to what he said and fights for another 5 years! I'll watch him no matter what!

I wanna see him have one last go at the title...I really wanna see it. I hope he crushes the next guy he fights.

Post #8   7/4/09 2:31:01PM   

Shawn91111

The MMAPlayground's Co-Creator

Shawn91111 Avatar

Career:2,781-1,448
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I like OTR but Michael Lansberg is a douche. He constantly cuts people off and interupts them. I wish someone would beat the hell out of him

Post #9   7/4/09 6:31:10PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,058-1,153
Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

I like OTR but Michael Lansberg is a douche. He constantly cuts people off and interupts them. I wish someone would beat the hell out of him

Well uuuummm... Personally he's not my favorite person but being the way he is on the show is why TSN hired him... it's his job

Post #10   7/4/09 6:48:56PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Well uuuummm... Personally he's not my favorite person but being the way he is on the show is why TSN hired him... it's his job

Its his job to cut people off and interupt them?

Post #11   7/4/09 7:00:04PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Do you regularly watch the show, or even TSN at that extent? to answer your question yes it is his job to do all that he does. I'm pretty sure there's enough personnel in the TSN roster (woron, randorf, duthie, schultz, even jennifer hedger who replaced him when he was out for a week) to replace him if the executives thought he wasnt doing his job properly. I wasnt saying anything against your opinion here, just saying not to hate on a person that much for what he's paid to do.

Post #12   7/4/09 7:26:30PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Do you regularly watch the show, or even TSN at that extent? to answer your question yes it is his job to do all that he does. I'm pretty sure there's enough personnel in the TSN roster (woron, randorf, duthie, schultz, even jennifer hedger who replaced him when he was out for a week) to replace him if the executives thought he wasnt doing his job properly. I wasnt saying anything against your opinion here, just saying not to hate on a person that much for what he's paid to do.

Ive watched enough of his OTR interviews to know what he does. I can hate on anyone I please. Who cares if he is paid to act like a jackass. Im not allowed to hate on that? There a ton of people who feel Goldberg and Rogan are seen unfit to do their job, but they are paid to do that. Doesnt mean they cant hate on them. If I think someone is being a douche, Im going to say it plain and simple.

Last edited 7/4/09 8:27PM server time by shawn91111
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #13   7/4/09 8:26:30PM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Ive watched enough of his OTR interviews to know what he does. I can hate on anyone I please. Who cares if he is paid to act like a jackass. Im not allowed to hate on that? There a ton of people who feel Goldberg and Rogan are seen unfit to do their job, but they are paid to do that. Doesnt mean they cant hate on them. If I think someone is being a douche, Im going to say it plain and simple.

haha aight dude whatever you like. You must find that there are alot of douches on tv then.

Landsberg

Post #14   7/4/09 10:30:09PM   

Shawn91111

Shawn91111 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

Posted by D0wnUnd6e6r

Posted by Shawn91111

haha aight dude whatever you like. You must find that there are alot of douches on tv then.

Landsberg

Not really, but when there is one I think who is, then im going to say so.

Landsberg

Post #15   7/4/09 10:34:28PM