Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Spencer Fisher to the WEC?

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Spencer Fisher to the WEC?

Check out the link as Spencer Fisher hints at a possible venture into the WEC cage.

Post #1   7/2/09 9:50:02PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I LOVE it.

I think WEC should get both Rich Clementi and Spencer Fisher on their roster. These are two guys who are a legitimate threat to almost anyone, but they've kind of peaked in their careers. It would make WEC's LW division incredibly exciting by adding some veteran guys for much needed depth.

Post #2   7/2/09 9:57:06PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Career:746-420
Chips:
intresting

Post #3   7/2/09 9:58:08PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I LOVE it.

I think WEC should get both Rich Clementi and Spencer Fisher on their roster. These are two guys who are a legitimate threat to almost anyone, but they've kind of peaked in their careers. It would make WEC's LW division incredibly exciting by adding some veteran guys for much needed depth.

Poor Clementi gets droped by the UFC takes 2 fights in 2 weeks and breaks his clavical. unreal how quick this sport can put you so close to the top then smash you down to the bottom real quick

Post #4   7/2/09 10:01:54PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by Jackelope

I LOVE it.

Poor Clementi gets droped by the UFC takes 2 fights in 2 weeks and breaks his clavical. unreal how quick this sport can put you so close to the top then smash you down to the bottom real quick

Wow, I hadn't heard that. I consider myself a Clementi fan, but truth be told I didn't follow where he went after the UFC dropped him. I figured he would take some time off and teach at his school

Post #5   7/2/09 10:17:20PM   

Khaos

TUF 2 Alternate

Khaos Avatar

Career:2,436-1,788
Camp: Men of the hour
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

Wow, I hadn't heard that. I consider myself a Clementi fan, but truth be told I didn't follow where he went after the UFC dropped him. I figured he would take some time off and teach at his school

He fought in the main event at the MMA show in Pittsburgh, and broke it doing or getting thrown.

Post #6   7/2/09 10:24:57PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
I never understood why the UFC releases lightweights. Seriously, they just fire them when they don't perform in the UFC...screw that...offer them a shot in the WEC.

Also, promote guys who have proven they belong in the UFC...IE: The Champion after he defends his title twice. That way it allows guys to work their way up.

Post #7   7/2/09 11:13:32PM   

postman

Heavyweight Champ

postman Avatar

Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

I never understood why the UFC releases lightweights. Seriously, they just fire them when they don't perform in the UFC...screw that...offer them a shot in the WEC.

Also, promote guys who have proven they belong in the UFC...IE: The Champion after he defends his title twice. That way it allows guys to work their way up.

But then you have a feeder system which they assured us the WEC is not! LOL I agree though

Post #8   7/2/09 11:15:02PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by postman

Posted by MMA-San

But then you have a feeder system which they assured us the WEC is not! LOL I agree though

Actually I believe the WEC has it's own sovereignty under the Zuffa banner, which is worth mentioning specifically because they choose their fighters.

I think Joe Silva is the matchmaker but other than that I think they do their own thing. I say get Sam Stout as well though, get some young guys that aren't ready for the UFC like Cowboy and Varner. I don't know. But I would love to see Fisher vs Cerrone.

Post #9   7/2/09 11:22:05PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Chips:
That's not necessarily true. For example- Varner wasn't cut from the UFC... he was offered to step down to the WEC to fight for a title shot.

So, obviously they somewhat cross-promote. Which was also evidenced when they cut their higher weight classes.

I wonder if they offer and fighters don't take it. I can't see why they wouldn't, though.

Post #10   7/2/09 11:28:38PM   

seanfu

BANNED

seanfu Avatar

Career:233-122
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

That's not necessarily true. For example- Varner wasn't cut from the UFC... he was offered to step down to the WEC to fight for a title shot.

So, obviously they somewhat cross-promote. Which was also evidenced when they cut their higher weight classes.

I wonder if they offer and fighters don't take it. I can't see why they wouldn't, though.

Maybe they know once they're a star in the WEC they can't move up. - (just because Varner may someday prove to be ready to whoop some UFC LW ass there's no way they'll let him move up)

Post #11   7/2/09 11:32:12PM   

xdanish020

MMA Sensei

xdanish020 Avatar

Career:2,371-1,283
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I'd love to see Spencer fight in the WEC, I think he'd be an immediate contender, but I'm puzzled as to why he would go there. I guess he has lost to the top guys in the division in the UFC, but he just had a big win over Uno and always puts on an exciting fight.

At the same time, I'd rather see him in the WEC than someone like Bart Palaszewski contending for the belt.

Post #12   7/2/09 11:45:03PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
I'd love to see Fisher in the WEC cage. He always brings it and to be honest he isn't going to be making a run at the belt anytime soon in the UFC. IMO he's a better fit for the WEC because their matchmaking is top notch with wars on every card. Sounds like a good place for Spencer.

Post #13   7/2/09 11:56:02PM   

xphycorx

Standup Guy

xphycorx Avatar

Career:321-178
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

that's a really good point..

Post #14   7/3/09 12:16:28AM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:

Posted by seanfu
Maybe they know once they're a star in the WEC they can't move up. - (just because Varner may someday prove to be ready to whoop some UFC LW ass there's no way they'll let him move up)

I disagree. I think that if Varner really pushed to move up to the UFC they would let him. If he said listen, I want to fight at the highest level, and if you don't let me I'm going to find another organization, they would throw him in the UFC rather than let him go.

Post #15   7/3/09 12:43:44AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2