Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Javier Vazquez says Din Thomas, state commission to blame for "Ultimate Chaos" fiasco

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
As with any dispute, there are always two sides to every story.

And as "Ultimate Chaos" victor Javier Vazquez today told MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) such was the case with this past Friday's weigh-in fiasco in Biloxi, Miss., which ultimately cost Din Thomas a chance to fight – and took money from Vazquez's pocket.

"I never went up to the commission," Vazquez said. "I never bitched and complained. I never said anything. It wasn't my job to do that. That's the commission's job to do that."

STORY

Post #1   7/1/09 8:25:54AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Somethings fishy here. I don't know why the commision would say Din was good to go at 146.6 if the fight was at 145. I've read from various sources that the whole show was a disaster, from the refs, camera work and announcers. This just adds one more thing.

Has Din fought at 145 before? I can't remember offhand

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #2   7/1/09 8:42:01AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,671-1,523
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
vasquez did everything he was supposed to do, so he cant be blamed, sounds like the commission screwed up.

and din fought at 145 earlier this year if i remember correctly.

Post #3   7/1/09 9:14:25AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Chips:
Bottom line? Din should've made weight.

The fight was to take place at 145....not 146.6.

Post #4   7/1/09 9:34:17AM   

D0wnUnd6e6r

Don't Eat The Yellow Snow

D0wnUnd6e6r Avatar

Career:2,109-1,190
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Bottom line? Din should've made weight.

The fight was to take place at 145....not 146.6.

This is kinda fishy like it was already said, if what Din claims is true, that the vazquez camp told him he was good to go at 146, i don't know here if any fighter is to blame really. True enough Din shouldve been able to make weight despite anything that was said by the vazquez camp, as any fighter should be ready when it's time to make weight. So bottom line , I gotta agree with fleeker here

Post #5   7/1/09 9:51:40AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,449-799
Chips:
Well Din stated that a lot of commissions allow up to 2 pounds which is true. So he had cut to the point that he was under the two pounds. Then was told his weight was fine so Din did cut the weight he thought he needed to cut. Then a while after he had already been hydrating and after telling him it was fine they came back saying it wasn't. Din has never been one to really have cutting issues and fully thought he was in the allowed amount. He was even told it was fine so who's to blame...I think this falls fully on the commission but Vazquez was fully aware of what it could mean to say no its not ok sometime after the fact. But for all we know Vazquez could have said it was fine on stage and when the commission came around later to confirm everything he could have changed his story.

Post #6   7/1/09 12:31:30PM