Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva likely for Sengoku in September, return to U.S. action possible

Print  
Posted By Message

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
Former EliteXC heavyweight champion Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva (12-1) will likely appear at the as-yet-unannounced World Victory Road's "Sengoku 10th Battle" event in September.

Silva's manager, Alex Davis, today informed MMAjunkie.com Radio (www.mmajunkie.com/radio) of the potential bout, as well as his client's desire to return to action in the U.S.

"I think that probably by next year you'll see him back in the U.S.," Davis said. "I'd like him back in the States; that's our goal. Right now we still have a contract with Sengoku. He's probably going to fight in September. If that goes well, possibly for a Sengoku title at the end of the year."

Link

Post #1   6/30/09 7:37:24PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 42-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,966-1,620
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
Big Foot is a solid heavy weight I hope to see him back in the U.S in the future!!

Post #2   6/30/09 7:43:45PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
I agree...I'm looking forward to see how he stacks up against some of the other prospect HW's out there...curious though, they mention him fighting for a Sengoku title at the end of the year....think there is any truth to this? Why wouldn't they just hold a HW tourney....The HW division seems like its getting more and more stacked with talent world wide...I think it would stupid to just hand the title over to one of two guys...given the example of all the recent tourney's (sengoku, dream, and bellator) and not to mention the upcoming (I believe anyway) WEC Flyweight tourney...why not continue this awesome trend and keep introducing the world to unknown stars in the making in a win or go home format

Post #3   6/30/09 7:52:56PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
I think its gonna be hard for him to get fights in the US, at least in California, because he burned the AC on his steroid suspension when he fought in Japan in January. Then again, they let Vitor come back after he did the same thing. I think it more so depends on the state the fight is in.

Post #4   6/30/09 7:58:59PM