Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: ‘I can’t retire (Chuck), but he gave me his word’

Print  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I can’t retire him, but he gave me his word that he was going to retire so … To be honest with you, he and I have talked, and he has said, yes, he will retire … So we’ll see what happens. He and I are getting together next week … We’re going to get together and talk about a lot of things. He’s coming into town, and we’ve got a lot to talk about.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/29/09 10:23:50PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
let him retire on his own,
right now ur in a jam for a main lner for ufc 103
let him fight one last time against rich franklin

Post #2   6/30/09 8:58:24AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
People are giving Dana a hard time about it but fact is he is worried about his friend and for good reason. He doesn't want to see him go down the road of Ken Shamrock and some others. Chuck is a huge cash cow for the UFC so it says a lot about how much Dana cares about Chuck.

Last edited 6/30/09 1:20PM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   6/30/09 1:12:42PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,590-1,480
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:

Posted by telnights

People are giving Dana **** about it but fact is he is worried about his friend and for good reason. He doesn't want to see him go down the road of Ken Shamrock and some others. Chuck is a huge cash cow for the UFC so it says a lot about how much Dana cares about Chuck.

for as bad of a guy that dana is made out to be sometimes, this shows that he does have a sense of humanity. its nice to see that from him because usually he just gives fodder to the dana haters when he talks. that being said, chuck should be the one making any final decisions involving his career, just like any fighter should unless, of course, theres a major health issue involved.

Post #4   6/30/09 1:15:56PM