Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

JON JONES HEADS INTO HIS TITLE FIGHT AT UFC 100 (figuratively speaking)

Print  
Posted By Message

babytater03

In Full Mount

babytater03 Avatar

Career:1,007-642
Camp: JT WarWagon
Chips:
Jon Jones is long removed from his days as a YouTube warrior; mining the Internet for instructional clips he could incorporate into his arsenal.

One of his favorite concepts from his wrestling days was misdirection – fake one way and go another. Keep your opponent off-balance. Be unpredictable.
“I feel like I have a little momentum going on, but I try not to focus on the past,” he said. “Muhammed Ali says you give different strokes for different folks. So I just focus on Jake O’Brien and I take it one match at a time. Right now, O’Brien is my title fight, and all my energy and focus on him.”

click

Post #1   6/29/09 7:31:54AM   

KaibaThedon

T H E D O N

KaibaThedon Avatar

Career:1,796-965
Camp: Canadian Power Team
Chips:
Good read. Sounds a lot better than the "Lyoto Machida is beatable" crap he was spewing earlier.

This interview sounds more grounded, and humble.

WAR BONES.

WW: Rush, Natural Born Killer, Ares, Hitman, Maia
LW: Jim Miller, Smooth, Khabib Eagle
FW: Aldo, Do Bronx, Answer
BW: Cruz, Mayday, One Punch, Barao

Post #2   6/29/09 11:48:19AM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
He's an awesome young prospect but I do think he might be getting too big of a head from all the hype...he might have to be brought down to earth before he can really reach his peak

Post #3   6/29/09 9:10:47PM