Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anderson Silva might kill Forrest Griffin at UFC 101

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
“I try to tell the truth and use a little humor to talk about how I really feel. Like if I think you’re a [expletive] idiot, I’ll try to tell you in a funny way. I’m kind of kidding, but there’s also some truth to it…. I’m probably going to get hurt, if not die. This guy knows how to fight. The good news is, if I die, this book will sell a lot more copies and be worth more.”

Link

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #1   6/27/09 9:46:22AM   

SmileR

Buy the ticket, take the ride

SmileR Avatar

Career:1,284-761
Chips:
I don't care if Forrest is the underdog, I'm picking him to win! He's my hero!

I was born to lead, not to read!!!!

Post #2   6/27/09 9:48:12AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,252-1,209
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Gotta love Forrest. This fight should be a war. I'm rooting for Griffin but picking Silva.

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #3   6/27/09 12:03:20PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,808-1,136
Chips:
The olny way forrest wins is the takedown and GnP otherwise he will be picked apart kind of like the way leban was I think this fight won't make it out of the 2nd Anderson Silva 2nd Rd TKO

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #4   6/27/09 3:36:43PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

The olny way forrest wins is the takedown and GnP otherwise he will be picked apart kind of like the way leban was I think this fight won't make it out of the 2nd Anderson Silva 2nd Rd TKO

There is no way that Griffin will get picked apart the same way Leben did. Griffin is a much more technical striker and has way better movement. I think he'll beat Silva using his size and strength advantage. Griffin by either late TKO or decision from waring him down all fight long.

Post #5   6/27/09 5:13:53PM   

mikevolz

Standup Guy

mikevolz Avatar

Career:183-111
Camp: The Stedman Effect
Chips:
its a tough fight to call, in forrest's last few fights his hands and counter striking and footwork have been improving vastly.

his style now is somewhat similar to anderson's. its just that anderson is so much better at it and much faster with his kicks. I think anderson will have trouble fighting forrest on the feet.

the x factor in the fight is the workrate.

forrest has a workrate in his fights that is second to none in that weight class (which is unbelievable) and we have never seen silva with a workrate anywhere near that. Thales leites started making anderson work hard in on of the first few rounds of their fight and it looked like we might see the real cardio of silva, but leites stopped and started falling over.

if forrest griffin can put that work rate on silva early. and make silva wrestle with him for the first 2 rounds, he will win the fight by stoppage or decision. otherwise, silva will pick him apart and win by stoppage.

Post #6   6/27/09 6:19:37PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
Its gonna be an awesome fight...but in the end I think the real Anderson Silva will be forced to stand up and beat Forrest down....

Post #7   6/27/09 6:22:25PM   

SpiderSilva

PFM

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,808-1,136
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by SpiderSilva

There is no way that Griffin will get picked apart the same way Leben did. Griffin is a much more technical striker and has way better movement. I think he'll beat Silva using his size and strength advantage. Griffin by either late TKO or decision from waring him down all fight long.

Silva's stand up is still way better than Forrest and doesnt matter how forrest fights him standing Anderson is on a whole nother level. Forrest hasn't fought anyone with the stand up game that Silva has hell Rampage doesn't have the overall stand up game Anderson does. and one more thing he is coming back from a LONG layoff and some fighters well most seem to lose that first fight back. and it just so happens Forrest first fight back is vs the P4P best in the world

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #8   6/27/09 7:02:07PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,514-780
Chips:
sounds like even forest knows hes gonna get destroyed

Post #9   6/27/09 7:10:32PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,867-1,038
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Forrest Griffin taking down Anderson Silva? I doubt he can do it.

Post #10   6/27/09 7:17:44PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Hmm....Forrest doesn't have the wrestling to consistently put Anderson on his back, and he doesn't have the power to back him up on his feet.

I want to root for Forrest, but common sense assails my every thought.

Post #11   6/27/09 8:28:33PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
going for Forrest as always, no reason not to

Post #12   6/27/09 10:37:07PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
NO REASON...seriously...it's ANDERSON SILVA...

Post #13   6/27/09 10:39:33PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Forrest just cracks me up. The guy is friggin hilarous. Definetally one of my favorites. Anderson may just kill him, but you know what. I don't care I'm still going to route (and pick Griffin on this site).

WAR FORREST GRIFFIN!!!

Post #14   6/27/09 11:44:06PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Posted by SpiderSilva

Silva's stand up is still way better than Forrest and doesnt matter how forrest fights him standing Anderson is on a whole nother level. Forrest hasn't fought anyone with the stand up game that Silva has hell Rampage doesn't have the overall stand up game Anderson does. and one more thing he is coming back from a LONG layoff and some fighters well most seem to lose that first fight back. and it just so happens Forrest first fight back is vs the P4P best in the world

How about an av bet?

Post #15   6/28/09 12:19:38AM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2