Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

WEC Quick Quote: ‘Cowboy’ Cerrone doesn’t want to wait for Jamie Varner, eyes UFC debut

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,255-1,187
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
“Jaime Varner is what’s next but apparently he hurt his hand again. I don’t know if he is going to be ready or if they are thinking about an interim title. Right now it is kind of up in the air. The fight was supposed to be in September; now I don’t know what’s going to happen. I know that I am fighting in September though. If it is against Varner cool. If it’s for an interim title, that’s cool too..."

STORY

Post #1   6/25/09 9:17:51AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i could see that but i think more likely cerrone will fight for interim belt in sept in wec

Post #2   6/25/09 12:09:18PM   

Jesse_Canadian_MMA

Belt Contender

Jesse_Canadian_MMA Avatar

Career:1,776-1,097
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
lets go Cerrone vs Nate Diaz

Post #3   6/25/09 1:32:04PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Too bad Benson Henderson just had eye surgery, otherwise that would be a good fight to set up. Then again, Henderson is no joke, and his wrestling ability combined with his jits could nullify Cerrone's game and take him out of title contention very quickly.

I can't really see any other fights right now that would make sense for Cerrone to take. He should just wait for Varner. I'm pretty sure Varner will be ready to go by October. I'm more than willing to bet Greg Jackson agrees with me here. Cerrone has obvious holes in his game he needs to work on, so why not just wait a month or two while patching those up?

Last edited 6/25/09 6:17PM server time by Jackelope
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #4   6/25/09 6:16:54PM