Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

How did you score Sanchez vs. Guida?

Print  
How did you score Sanchez vs. Guida?
30-26 Sanchez 15 19%
30-27 Sanchez 16 20%
29-28 Sanchez 29 37%
Draw 8 10%
29-28 Guida 11 14%
30-27 Guida 0 0%
  Page 3 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Rd. 1 10-9 Shancez (Not 10-8 cuz Guida got a takedown and was on top for about a minute...and landed a couple of shots)
Rd 2. 10-9 Guida (but close)
Rd 3. 10-9 Guida (not close at all, Guida outboxed him and took him down)

29-29 Guida

Post #31   6/25/09 8:47:24PM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,514-780
Chips:

Posted by MMA-San

Rd. 1 10-9 Shancez (Not 10-8 cuz Guida got a takedown and was on top for about a minute...and landed a couple of shots)

29-29 Guida

i had it 30-26 sanchez

you may find this interesting fight stats

Post #32   6/25/09 8:59:17PM   

edge0125

MMA Regular

edge0125 Avatar

Career:1,503-923
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

Posted by MMA-San

29-29 Guida

i had it 30-26 sanchez

you may find this interesting fight stats

Watch the fight again, and you'll see that Guida outboxes diego on the 3rd rd. And you'll also see Diego struggle to get off his back on the 2nd, the dude lands a few elbows for 45 sec and people assume he won the rd, its ridiculous Guida controlled that entire rd and did damage as well.

Post #33   6/25/09 10:45:53PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
10-8 Diego
10-9 Diego
10-9 Diego

30-26 Diego Sanchez

I have to say there is no way anyone can legitimately give Guida the second round. Two submission attempts, rubber guard, the nasty elbows, and hay as we all know Diego landed more strikes total and what defines whether that matters or not is effectiveness and they were absolutely more effective. Guida just never made a attempt to finish/advanced his position on the ground and there is no reason to give a round to someone simply because they are in top position especially when they are getting out worked and out struck in every way.

The first round could be scored a 10-9 but really should be scored a 10-8 I went back and re-watched it and even on the ground Sanchez got rubber guard advancing his position and attempted a submission then got up and got his own takedown, now you pair that with the striking and the knockdown and I think its impossible to not at least consider a 10-8 round.

The third was a odd round for me to score and I took a second look just to make sure but he stuffed Clay's TD attempts and again I saw Sanchez score more power shots than clay, he took clays back, took him down and went for a arm triangle, after he let it go Guida was on top and Diego immediately rolls for a Kamora that was very close to locked up, Clay defends it and Sanchez turns it into a weak armbar attempt, the fight ends. Going back to the beginning of the round, stuffing a td is considered octagon control and Sanchez stuffed both attempts (thats not my opinion thats judging criteria) and considering that the stand up was very close it stands out and dictates that Deigo won the striking. After you come to that conclusion its impossible to give clay that round.

I have to admit people that think Guida actually won the fight make me crack up a little.

Last edited 6/26/09 3:05AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
4 total post edits

Post #34   6/26/09 2:33:43AM   

Hell-Bows

Learning to Sprawl

Hell-Bows Avatar

Career:63-57
Chips:
I'm gonna have to watch the fight again mostly because I had a few drinks in me and might not remember things too clearly. But the way I remember it was Rd.1 Diego came out throwing bombs and was all over Clay's case the whole round, and easliy won the round. 10-8 / 10-9 hard to say. Rd. 2 Clay gets the takedown and basicly keeps Diego on his back the whole round. Clay has the dominant position so he wins the round. 10-9. Yes I know Diego was going for subs and throwing elbows but that didnt help Ken-Flo when he fought Sherk did it ? So Rd. 3 Diego knows he lost Rd.2 and doesnt want to get taken down again and he looks a bit gassed (first time I've ever really seen it happen), so Diego does alot of backing up and Clay is throwing everything he's got and is landing some heavy shots (we had the surround sound on and every time Clay hit Diego it sounded like two t-bone steaks slapping together) and eventually Clay got the takedown and finished the fight there I believe. so I gave him the round 10-9. Now somewhere in that fight Diego rocked Clay with a big kick to the face but I dont remember what round it was and that could make a big difference in my scoring if it was in the second round. but I think it was the 1st Rd. . Anyway.

Diego Rd.1 10-8
Clay Rd. 2 10-9
Clay Rd. 3 10-9

28- 28 DRAW

but if you give Diego a 10-9 Rd. 1
and Clay still gets Rd. 2 & 3 10-9

Clay wins 29-28

These 2 are my favorite fighters in the divison and I have no preference or bias either way. I didnt even want to see them fight because one of them would have to lose. but thats how I remember and scored the fight. oh yeah this my first post too !!! Woo Hoo !!!

Post #35   7/1/09 1:44:38PM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:
I scored the first 10-9 Diego and the second 10-9 for Clay. The last round could go either way. Roughly half the fight was on the feet and half on the ground. I thought in the 3rd that Clay had the standup and Diego had the ground.

The fact that it was a split decision is no surprise to me. I could see how a judge could go either way for the 3rd. However, I don't know how anyone could score 10-8 for Diego in the first. So what, Clay got rocked. Guys get rocked in fights all the time, but in no way was Clay dominated the whole round. Diego had the upper hand for the first minute and then got taken down for about 2 min. The rest of the round was back and forth.

People, stop listening to Joe Rogan. 10-8 round Phish

Post #36   7/1/09 10:24:36PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Rush

I scored the first 10-9 Diego and the second 10-9 for Clay. The last round could go either way. Roughly half the fight was on the feet and half on the ground. I thought in the 3rd that Clay had the standup and Diego had the ground.

The fact that it was a split decision is no surprise to me. I could see how a judge could go either way for the 3rd. However, I don't know how anyone could score 10-8 for Diego in the first. So what, Clay got rocked. Guys get rocked in fights all the time, but in no way was Clay dominated the whole round. Diego had the upper hand for the first minute and then got taken down for about 2 min. The rest of the round was back and forth.

Absolutely 100% legitimate 10-8 round, there was never any real back and forth Diego won every exchange ROCKED Guida TWICE and DROPPED him once, scored a TD made a sub attempt, your so out in left field its not even the same zip code.
Who needs Rogan when Ray Charles could have told you that was a 10-8 round.

Last edited 7/1/09 10:42PM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #37   7/1/09 10:39:41PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Rush

Absolutely 100% legitimate 10-8 round, there was never any real back and forth Diego won every exchange ROCKED Guida TWICE and DROPPED him once, scored a TD made a sub attempt, your so out in left field its not even the same zip code.

I scored it a 10-8 but in no way was that a clear cut 10-8 round. Guida was still firing back and had ofense, if only a little at times.

Also judging is very subjective so to say someones opinion of a round is wrong because it differs is a bit ignorant imo......

Post #38   7/1/09 11:08:38PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Chips:

Posted by mkiv9secsupra

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Rush

I scored it a 10-8 but in no way was that a clear cut 10-8 round. Guida was still firing back and had ofense, if only a little at times.

Also judging is very subjective so to say someones opinion of a round is wrong because it differs is a bit ignorant imo......

That was kind of my point......

Post #39   7/2/09 2:07:35AM   

Rush

Laying down the beats

Rush Avatar

Career:759-539
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Yeah, the judge had no clue. I've seen way more one sided rounds that are more deserving of a 10-8 round and many of them don't even get it. Guida got rocked by the one or two shots that got in. Most of the rest were blocked or in exchanges. The fact that he scored a take down and held Diego down for almost half the round is not indicative of a dominant round for Diego. Diego was dominant for one minute and really that is even debatable (the arguement being aggression) IMO. Even at the end of the round Guida escaped from Diego's ground game.

Post #40   7/2/09 7:26:47AM   

Page 3 of 3     1     2     3