Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Have you ever taken steroids?

Print  
Have you ever taken steroids?
Yes 3 7%
No 38 93%
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Career:377-180
Chips:
Have you ever taken steroids or any other illegal anabolic substances... HGH or whatever..?

I've thought about trying it out but side-effects and it getting in the way of me competing in MMA made me change my mind.

Post #1   4/4/07 1:04:44PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:
I competed in Varisty sports. And it was never ever talked about. I doubt anyone i knew used them. There is random drug testing anyways for CIS.

But back in highschool, there was word floating around that quite a few hockey and b-ball players were using. No substance testing in highschool so i guess they could get away with it.

Post #2   4/4/07 2:22:54PM   

hathcock32

In Full Mount

hathcock32 Avatar

Career:1,283-797
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
Our Rival school in HS football used them and they won state every year. These doods were HUGE, and they had tempers, and they were ugly. End of story.

Post #3   4/4/07 2:25:16PM   

madmarck

MMA Sensei

madmarck Avatar

Career:802-575
Camp: Canadian Fight Club
Chips:

Posted by hathcock32
These doods were HUGE, and they had tempers, and they were ugly.QUOTE]

Reminds me of Tito and his Head.

Post #4   4/4/07 2:27:00PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Career:68-36
Chips:
Nah man! The negatives far outweigh the positives! Ive never taken them. Just Protein Shakes and Creatine. Heres a bit of info on the risks if you already didn't know!

"Acne. Liver damage. Increased risk of heart disease. These are just a few of the side effects associated with anabolic steroid abuse. And there's more.

The side effects are severe. Men who use steroids also may develop gynecomastia (the development of breasts), priapism (painful prolonged erection) and edema from sodium and water retention. They also will be more prone to cardiovascular problems since steroids decrease high-density lipoprotein levels (HDL) or ''good'' cholesterol, and increase low-density lipoprotein levels (LDL) or ''bad'' cholesterol.

Coupled with hypertension and negative changes in myocardial tissue, steroids users are at an increased risk for heart attack as well.

Of additional concern are alterations in psyche and behavior (i.e., aggression, physical dependence) and decreased immune function. Changes in the reproductive system, such as a reduction in testicle size, sperm count and mobility, and a decrease in the levels of endogenous testosterone and other sex hormones are common.

There is an even scarier risk of steroid abuse: death. Steroid users who share needles are putting themselves at risk for developing infections such as HIV, hepatitis or other viral diseases.

The best way to improve performance and increase muscle mass is to follow a well-designed program that challenges both your body and your mind. No drug can do that for you."

Props to www.acefitness.org

Post #5   4/4/07 2:31:52PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Career:188-114
Chips:
I've never used them. I know however, that they enhance your risk of heart attacks and strokes, you become more prone to embolysm after taking them.

Did anyone see that Greg Valentino program, "The man whose arms exploded?"

One guy in that program was saying that the steroids left him with a "Shrunken penis, testicles the size of peanuts" and the "Testerone level of a 12 year old girl".

Plenty of good reasons not to take them.

Post #6   4/4/07 3:36:47PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Chips:
This is a bodybuilder called Ronnie Coleman! Where is his Penis you ask?...................................................................................................................................... Im sure hes asking the same question?

Link

Last edited 4/4/07 4:00PM server time by randyleprechaun
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #7   4/4/07 3:58:38PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Mastodon2

I've never used them. I know however, that they enhance your risk of heart attacks and strokes, you become more prone to embolysm after taking them.

Did anyone see that Greg Valentino program, "The man whose arms exploded?"

One guy in that program was saying that the steroids left him with a "Shrunken penis, testicles the size of peanuts" and the "Testerone level of a 12 year old girl".

Plenty of good reasons not to take them.

Yeah but that was a pretty extreme case too. I know some guys that have used for shorter periods and got nothing but good results and I know some guys that won't ever do it again.

I'll do like the rampage fan guy and stick with creatine and protein.

I thought it was more common than this though.

Post #8   4/4/07 4:04:05PM   

Stickan

the HAWT one!

Stickan Avatar

Chips:

Posted by randyleprechaun

This is a bodybuilder called Ronnie Coleman! Where is his Penis you ask?...................................................................................................................................... Im sure hes asking the same question?

Link

I think steroids only shrink the testicles since they lose their function. He might just have tiny penis by nature

Tiny penis or not, he looks disgusting.

Post #9   4/4/07 4:06:47PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:

Posted by randyleprechaun

Link

Damn dude,that guy is a freak!....who the hell would like to get that big?...that aint cool...

that guy is soo tight his scrotum is prolly part of his thighs now..

Post #10   4/4/07 4:11:17PM   

randyleprechaun

MMA Regular

randyleprechaun Avatar

Chips:
Yeah! The penis only looks smaller because the rest of his body is so huge in comparison! But it must be a let down for women thinking it'll be the size of a babys arm, only for it to be the size of a babys dick!

Last edited 4/4/07 4:16PM server time by randyleprechaun
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #11   4/4/07 4:15:30PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Stickan

Yeah but that was a pretty extreme case too. I know some guys that have used for shorter periods and got nothing but good results and I know some guys that won't ever do it again.

I'll do like the rampage fan guy and stick with creatine and protein.

I thought it was more common than this though.

I believe its effective as of taking it, much like women taking the contraceptive pill for a month can permanently alter hormone production in their bodies and brains, even short term steroid abuse can create lasting risks.

In short, just dont take them!

Post #12   4/4/07 4:18:16PM   

Trapt1nw0nder

BANNED

Career:473-286
Chips:
is it healthy to be that big?

his thighs are freakin huge!...how the hell does he wear clothing?

anyways...i would like to see that guy fight Kimbo or something..

Post #13   4/4/07 4:22:27PM   

Lay_N_Pray

In Full Mount

Lay_N_Pray Avatar

Career:253-130
Camp: TAPOUT
Chips:
I would never take steroids. That crap messes you up big time and it would feel like I cheated to get results.

I have no problem with Creatine, but I dont use that either cause I like the challenge of pushing my body to the limit going all natural. But I am a supporter of Creatine and protein shakes and all that, it really does wonders in a safe way.

Post #14   4/4/07 6:45:13PM   

Mastodon2

MMA Sensei

Mastodon2 Avatar

Chips:
Except when you overtake Protein supplements, which can cause Acidosis, knocking your body PH out of its narrow working range, and that is bad news!

Post #15   4/4/07 6:54:26PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3