Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

commiting to the combo

Print  
Posted By Message

shs101

Learning to Sprawl

Career:5-5
Chips:
I boxed for a while, and MT. 1-0 boxing. And looking for MT fights. But the concern is, i cant commit into any of my combos. Jab, cross is fine. But when i want to go in a throw a combo, something just says no.And i know other people have this problem, people work hours on heavy bag combos and pad work combos, but when it comes time to use them strikes, they dont.I know im not afraid to get hit, but any help with getting in and throwing shots?

thanks

Post #1   6/18/09 10:30:13PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Footwork is absolutely essential. Especially footwork in mid-combination. People get into this mode where they're throwing punches, but not moving their feet effectively. Most of the time they end up leaning over their front foot, and the distance/exposure doesn't feel right. So they back out of combos because they don't "feel right" It is VERY common

You've got to get with your trainer on this one, because this is the kind of thing you have to personally do. Reading something on the internet won't help you with it.

I will say this, though- Footwork starts long before the combination, continues into the combination, and ends the combination. Footwork is EVERYTHING. Especially in Muay Thai. Boxers get away with leaning wayyyyyyyyy too much. Throw leg kicks in the mix, and that crap goes right out the window.

I could go off on this subject for a long time. Get with your trainer and explain your specific problem. If he can't help you, get a new one.

Post #2   6/19/09 2:45:17AM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,418-775
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Man Jackelope everytime I find I post in traing I want to say something on you beat me to it and baisly say what I would have said.

Post #3   6/19/09 4:29:45AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Man Jackelope everytime I find I post in traing I want to say something on you beat me to it and baisly say what I would have said.

LOL, it's all good bro I always like hearing your input, too. I've got experience, but you've got more

Post #4   6/19/09 9:14:20AM