Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Clay Guida: "After I Beat Diego Sanchez, I've Earned a UFC Title Shot."

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
Guida is such a boring fighter... I hope Diego decisively smashes through him so he is stuck to boring up the mid-cards.

Post #16   6/17/09 5:13:05PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:999-599
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Well seeing as Mr. Guida won't be winning this contest, he wont be fighting for the title.

Sanchez 2nd round TKO.

Post #17   6/17/09 6:24:50PM   

jascri

Learning to Sprawl

jascri Avatar

Career:7-10
Chips:
it's gonna be an explosion of hair. there's no way Guida wins this one--no way. Diego is too big and too good. Bet big.

Post #18   6/17/09 7:45:35PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,339-1,246
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
if he wins i think he might get it if he loses have him fight sherk or edgar next

if florian wins and sanchez or guida wins winner should get florian

Post #19   6/17/09 7:48:22PM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
He's gonna get beat by Sanchez so whatever he says he can think lol. He won't get a title shot in the LW division of the UFC ever in my opinion. There's just too many guys who are better and able to fight at his pace.

Post #20   6/18/09 1:15:06AM   

gamez0932

MMA Regular

gamez0932 Avatar

Career:408-303
Chips:
Im on the fence about this fight, i want Guida to win because I think he deserves a title shot for the main reason that HE DOESNT QUIT.... he pressures fighters from the 1st minute to the 15th. If he wins he definitly deserves a title shot..... BUT!!!!! what does Guida like to do??? takedowns that lead to ground and pound. Diego is belted under one of the top Jiu-jitsu guys in the world (Saulo Ribeiro). I know he was a black belt before but with this whole new reborn thing of his he started back at white and has earned that brown belt under Saulo. Then again Guida fought Nate and Nate couldnt catch him, and in my opinion Nate's jits are stronger then Diegos.

If diego can keep this fight standing or if he ends up on top position, he'll win. If Guida can get the takedowns, avoid the barrage of submissions, he'll ground and pound the win .

Post #21   6/18/09 3:33:15AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,841-1,016
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by gamez0932

Im on the fence about this fight, i want Guida to win because I think he deserves a title shot for the main reason that HE DOESNT QUIT.... he pressures fighters from the 1st minute to the 15th. If he wins he definitly deserves a title shot..... BUT!!!!! what does Guida like to do??? takedowns that lead to ground and pound. Diego is belted under one of the top Jiu-jitsu guys in the world (Saulo Ribeiro). I know he was a black belt before but with this whole new reborn thing of his he started back at white and has earned that brown belt under Saulo. Then again Guida fought Nate and Nate couldnt catch him, and in my opinion Nate's jits are stronger then Diegos.

If diego can keep this fight standing or if he ends up on top position, he'll win. If Guida can get the takedowns, avoid the barrage of submissions, he'll ground and pound the win .

Guida didnt stay on the ground with Diaz though, He spent the majority of the fight clinching up with him against the cage. And when it did hit the mat Im pretty sure Diaz was attacking with submissions right off the bat.

Post #22   6/18/09 3:40:34AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by wrona666

Posted by babytater03

i just dont see this going anywhere other than to Decision. and personally i agree with the above that it's going to be Diego 29-28.

war Diego.

but on point, if Clay can somehow pull off a stoppage then yea he's #1 to me. But if he gets another decision, then he needs to fight another top guy.

I agree 100% the only way Guida deserves a title shot after this fight is if he can finish Sanchez which i don't think will happen.....Guida is going to need more then a couple boring decision wins (IMO) to get a shot at the title he is going to have to start finishing some fights.....

I cant disagree more than I do with this statement. There is only 1 fighter that a win over should be considered a instant title shot and thats Sherk and maybe Kenflo. Clay is a good fighter but he's just skimmed the edge of top fighters in that weight class IMO.

If anyone deserves the next title shot it's Frankie Edger, he's faced much higher quality of opponents in the UFC and just schooled Sherk no way Guida deserves a shot over him even if he dose beat Sanchez.

Last edited 6/18/09 3:56AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #23   6/18/09 3:48:39AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2