Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

RAY MERCER: "I whooped that ass!...I need money so I knocked a motherf*cker out!"

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
“I whooped that ass! I mastered my game and his. No days to train, two days notice. You ain’t sh*t Tim! The underdog always comes out on top. They tried to take it from me by making me fight this sh*t. I trained eight weeks for a boxing match and they gave me two days notice (to fight MMA). I need money, so I knocked a motherfu**er OUT!”

STORY

Last edited 6/17/09 8:49AM server time by emfleek
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   6/17/09 8:49:01AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,660-1,415
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i really hate boxers!!
all he beat was a overweight has been!!

Post #2   6/17/09 9:28:17AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by prozacnation1978

i really hate boxers!!

Right.

A 48-year old "has been" boxer KO'd a 33-year mixed martial artist who is only 2 years removed (has been?) from being the champion in the biggest MMA promotion in the world...and he beat Timmeh at his own game after not training MMA *AT ALL*.

The stars were aligned for Sylvia. The fight was set up for him to win. And he was HUMILIATED. Partially by his own doing (310 pounds is a f'ing joke) and partially because he got knocked out by a friggin' geriatric.

I'm giving props to Mercer on this one.

Last edited 6/17/09 9:34AM server time by emfleek

Post #3   6/17/09 9:32:53AM   

Boo_Radley21

Heavyweight Champ

Boo_Radley21 Avatar

Career:605-425
Chips:
Didn't it end like 10 seconds in though? It's not really beating him at his own game if it was like a one punch fight.

Post #4   6/17/09 10:50:39AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Chips:

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Didn't it end like 10 seconds in though? It's not really beating him at his own game if it was like a one punch fight.

Very true

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #5   6/17/09 10:59:11AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by kopower

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Very true

Tim could have shot in for a takedown off the bat. That doesn't take 10 seconds. Against a 1-dimensional boxer, you'd be stupid to not even think about taking him down right away in an MMA fight.

So yeah, he *did* beat him at his own game. Why go toe-to-toe with a boxer when you're not a boxer? Take him down and pound him out or submit him.

Last edited 6/17/09 11:02AM server time by emfleek
2 total post edits

Post #6   6/17/09 11:01:02AM   

kopower

Heavyweight Champ

kopower Avatar

Career:2,351-1,264
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kopower

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Very true

Tim could have shot in for a takedown off the bat. That doesn't take 10 seconds. Against a 1-dimensional boxer, you'd be stupid to not even think about taking him down right away in an MMA fight.

So yeah, he *did* beat him at his own game. Why go toe-to-toe with a boxer when you're not a boxer? Take him down and pound him out or submit him.

Thats why I don't think Tim took the fight seriously at all. Like you said, he could have easily gnp Mercer but chose to stand. Tim didn't respect Mercer one bit and he paid for it

What you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in the playground is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no props, and may the mods have mercy on your soul.

Post #7   6/17/09 11:17:40AM   

finnish_line

In Full Mount

finnish_line Avatar

Career:517-331
Camp: Great Boxe
Chips:

Posted by kopower

Thats why I don't think Tim took the fight seriously at all. Like you said, he could have easily gnp Mercer but chose to stand. Tim didn't respect Mercer one bit and he paid for it

We didn't get a chance to see what Tim respected or didn't respect. We didn't get a chance to see his game plan in action.

The fight ended in 10 seconds.

Maybe Tim's plan was to shoot in the 13th second of the fight.

It ended quick. It doesn't prove anything other than seeing Tim lose is still funny.

Post #8   6/17/09 1:20:50PM   

Edwards

Standup Guy

Edwards Avatar

Career:2,632-1,398
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
mercer better realize he beat the worst tim anybody has seen(310lbs)i hope boxers fans don't take this like now we know boxers are tougher then mma fighters because that would be a joke, 2 totaly different sports.poor timmy lol

Post #9   6/17/09 1:50:46PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:533-335
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

i really hate boxers!!

Right.

A 48-year old "has been" boxer KO'd a 33-year mixed martial artist who is only 2 years removed (has been?) from being the champion in the biggest MMA promotion in the world...and he beat Timmeh at his own game after not training MMA *AT ALL*.

The stars were aligned for Sylvia. The fight was set up for him to win. And he was HUMILIATED. Partially by his own doing (310 pounds is a f'ing joke) and partially because he got knocked out by a friggin' geriatric.

Sure props to Mercer Im with that but its still not the same Sylvia that fought in the UFC and even then the UFC might have been the bigest promotion when Tim was champ but lets be honest, It had a weak HW Division and at the time what 8 of the top ten HW fighters where in that other organisation.

We got a chance to see how overweight and out of shape Tim was and if actions speak louder than words, nuff said.

Post #10   6/17/09 2:14:41PM   

grappler0000

MODular Approach

grappler0000 Avatar

Career:3,003-1,643
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

Posted by kopower

Posted by Boo_Radley21

Very true

With the exception of a couple of leg kicks, I'm pretty certain Tim was planning on boxing Ray the entire fight. It was originally supposed to be a boxing match...coupled with the fact that he was supposed to display his boxing skills so he could transition into a boxing career. Besides, beating Ray on the ground would've done nothing for Tim's career in boxing...or MMA career for that matter. The entire point of this fight for Tim was to stand up with a boxer. So, technically they fought under MMA rules, but considering the small gloves, the switch to MMA probably played into Mercer's favor moreso than Tim's. Yes, Mercer beat Tim at his own game, but considering everything else, it's probably all the same.

With that said, I give major props to Mercer for gettin' the job done. Everything else aside, he has the bragging rights.

Post #11   6/17/09 2:36:57PM   

supatolacyl

MMA Regular

supatolacyl Avatar

Career:1,157-897
Chips:
RAY MERCER: "I whooped that ass!...I need money so I knocked a motherf*cker out!"

now that sh!t is priceless!!!! Hearing that alone makes my day :)

I don't care if timmy was fat or it was only 10 seconds and people say it don't mean nothing...

Hell what it means is Fatty cakes should have kept his damn hands up

Post #12   6/17/09 4:00:27PM   

Canadian-Pain

MMA Regular

Canadian-Pain Avatar

Career:282-198
Camp: Canadian Pain
Chips:

Tim is done

Post #13   6/17/09 4:02:33PM   

moob

In Full Mount

moob Avatar

Career:1,378-913
Chips:

Posted by emfleek

i really hate boxers!!

Right.

If I was religious, I'd say 'Amen to that' but I'm not, so... good post!

Post #14   6/17/09 4:05:28PM   

MMA-San

In Full Mount

MMA-San Avatar

Career:977-716
Camp: PLAYGROUND REJECTS
Chips:
Mercer actually shot for a atkedownb after landing that punch.

Post #15   6/17/09 4:29:09PM   

Page 1 of 2     1     2