Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Seth Petruzelli discusses Kimbo Slice, "TUF 10" and the possibility of a UFC return

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
The unknown embarrassed the media sensation and cult creation. Yet the latter is back in the spotlight while the former remains anonymous and underground, plotting his next move.

The last time Kevin "Kimbo Slice" Ferguson and Seth Petruzelli were each inside the cage, one was a fledgling organization's meal ticket and the other a lightly regarded (to put it mildly) last-second replacement.

Once Petruzelli knocked out Slice in a stunning 14 seconds, their careers were at a crossroads. Slice was exposed as brute with no skills; Petruzelli, a UFC castoff, was looking at a resurrection.

STORY

Post #1   6/15/09 4:08:21PM   

TommyD84

Learning to Sprawl

TommyD84 Avatar

Career:6-7
Chips:
Does anyone think Kimbo even has a chance if he were to make it past the show? Not trying to hate on the guy, but he's not good. I never got the big deal with this guy. He could fight people on the streets, so lets give him a contract? I dunno.

Post #2   6/24/09 2:02:15PM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,498-1,432
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i think if kimbo has the right attitude and comes there to learn he should end up a better fighter than when he got to the house. do i think he can win it all? not with roy nelson there, but its mma and anything can happen so who knows.

Post #3   6/24/09 2:08:39PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,262-1,196
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by TommyD84

He could fight people on the streets, so lets give him a contract? I dunno.

That's really not accurated. It's more like...

"He's an internet sensation with a HUGE following so let's ride it 'till the wheels fall off and gain some huge ratings by using the guy's name..."

Post #4   6/24/09 2:17:48PM