Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

UFC Quick Quote: Wanderlei Silva wants a rematch with Rich Franklin after ‘unbelievable’ show

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:
I'm a huge Wandy fan but it think Rich won the fight. Wandy was sluggish and couldn't finish. Rich took him down in the 3rd and just controlled where the fight went. I know he was back paddling a lot but Wandy just jumped in and swung wildy. Ace would duck back see a opening jab, cross and jump back out. Its smart fighting. Its how Spider, GSP or anyone else (smart) should fight him.

Post #16   6/14/09 9:15:19PM   

Aaronno9

King in the North

Aaronno9 Avatar

Career:798-457
Camp: MMA Worldwide
Chips:
I thought Rich won pretty clearly. It was one of those matches where if you watched without the commentry you'd probably have a differant opinion. All Joe Rogan was talking about was the fact Wand rocked Rich, and didnt mention the fact that Rich dropped Wand twice and rocked him. Imo, he won the fight based on both control and damage. I think he would of sealed the 3rd with a second takedown is Wandy wasnt holding onto his gloves.

Hopefully if they fight again its at 205, thats where the UFC have asked Rich to go, they owe it to him to actually let him fight their. I think hed finish Wand at 205 though.

Post #17   6/14/09 9:27:40PM   

MaxOne

Captain Doctor

MaxOne Avatar

Career:862-586
Camp: Team Syntax
Chips:

Posted by EvenFlow

Posted by warglory

Posted by Twenty20Dollars

Man everyone wants a rematch from UFC 99

For good reason, there were quite a few close bouts! Definitely a good quality event. We only need Caol Uno to jump on the bandwagon now demanding a rematch.

Yeah, because Uno was absolutly robbed whether people think it was boring or not he controlled the pace in all 3 rounds. It seems to me now that nobody cares here because they all picked Fisher.

yeah, if anybody was robbed at ufc 99 it was uno. He won. I picked fisher but knew i'd lost that one and was like ...what????

Post #18   6/14/09 11:55:32PM   

Edwards

Standup Guy

Edwards Avatar

Career:2,408-1,273
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
its one of the fight you could argue both guys won i think wandy won the last 2 rds but i love wandy but for the 2 judges that gave franklin every rd next time try to watch the fight not just guess the fight.I always lean towards the guy that almost finishes and thats what i seen but i guess franklin and his fighting safley and running the last 2 rds were enough.I honestly believe the worst decision was uno,come on some of you people really think fisher won lol and fisher was my pick for the record almost want to give the 11 points back lol.

Last edited 6/15/09 5:25PM server time by edwards
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #19   6/15/09 2:00:45PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2