Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Anybody else find Joe Rogan commentating very one sided last night?

Print  
One sided?
Yeah 23 43%
No 31 57%
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

ravanunen

MMA Regular

Career:358-213
Chips:
I agree that Rogan's biases are usually pretty clear, but I mean it's not horrible, per se. I like his commentating (or just have become so so used to it) but I think the UFC would benefit by taking a page out of Strikeforce's book and getting a third commentator. I love when they have Couture in there

Post #16   6/15/09 12:27:22AM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:1,004-606
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:

Posted by haggiswashere

I thought he was being very biased last night on more than one occasion. Like in the Cain/Cheick fight bashing Cain's gnp. Or in the Silva/Franklin fight. I thought both were pretty tired but he kept only stating Silva was tired. And there were too many times to count in the Davis/Hardy fight as well. Or the comment that "Saunders is not ready for fighters of Swicks caliber" Did he watch a different fight than I did or did he just forget that Saunders was schooling Swick for most of the fight. I could not believe it. Very one sided commentating imo. I found myself wanting more Goldberg less Rogan... No it wasn't THAT bad haha. Anyone else think so?

I want to know when Saunders was schooling Swick. I didn't see that one time in that fight. It looked to me like Swick was schooling Saunders.

Post #17   6/15/09 9:06:56AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,572-930
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I think Joe is always biased and it always seems to be pretty clear who he's cheering for.

I still love Joe though.

Rogan rocks!

Post #18   6/15/09 3:06:00PM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I dont know which one said it u it ws stpid how one of them said "Mirko's been trying" or "improved his takedown defense. Its always been legendary! And Goldbergs always pissing me off haha saying the dumbest stuff like when Rich hit Wandy in the 1st with a good left hand andhe's lik "That reminded me of the same left hand tha dropped Quary, but it didnt land." haha wtf then what did it do? Miss? Lmao Fn Mike Goldberg, priceless timeless quotes haha

Post #19   6/15/09 10:52:38PM   

HMA123

MMA Regular

HMA123 Avatar

Career:60-44
Chips:

Posted by sparky

I honestly think Joe Rogan is one sided every event no disrespect!!!

:

Agreed, I like Joe but he is very one sided most of the time.

Post #20   6/16/09 8:04:24PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,693-1,472
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
Rogan could go to one fighter's corner every fight and give them tips and he would still be a more insightful and entertaining announcer than Mike Goldberg.

Post #21   6/16/09 9:35:39PM   

Cobbs666

Standup Guy

Cobbs666 Avatar

Career:1,063-740
Camp: *TeaM SaTaN*
Chips:
When Spencer Fisher was fighting Caol Uno, twice he was referring Uno as the chink in fischer's armour in a very suddle way, twice actually. Maybe it was just coincedence but dont remember rogan ever using the " Chink in his armour" reference before. But it was funny how he dropped the Chink bomb twice in the fight. Thats why rogan is the best commentator in mma and for announcers its no question that buffer is the greatest, i wish he would get more camera time cuz he puts in so much effort. I cant wait to see how sassy he gets at UFC 100

Post #22   6/20/09 12:58:30AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:540-338
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Cobbs666

When Spencer Fisher was fighting Caol Uno, twice he was referring Uno as the chink in fischer's armour in a very suddle way, twice actually. Maybe it was just coincedence but dont remember rogan ever using the " Chink in his armour" reference before. But it was funny how he dropped the Chink bomb twice in the fight. Thats why rogan is the best commentator in mma and for announcers its no question that buffer is the greatest, i wish he would get more camera time cuz he puts in so much effort. I cant wait to see how sassy he gets at UFC 100

Thats not dropping anything thats twisting his words and probably shouldn't be tolerated here IMO.

I remember the comment and I guess it didn't hit me as him insinuating racism because Im not a racist but if someone is I can see how that would come to mind.

Last edited 6/20/09 1:38AM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #23   6/20/09 1:37:31AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2