Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

MMA Tycoon - Do you play?

Print  
  Page 6 of 11   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>
Posted By Message

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,355-1,244
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I'm going to be sacking a fighter tonight and creating a new one. Any advice?

Post #76   7/28/09 4:53:56PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
no but at what point do you make the decision to sack one...I have not sacked a fighter yet...and I have a couple of 0-2 guys but I feel if I put some better training into them they will someday be good

Post #77   7/28/09 5:26:01PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by sclasclemski

no but at what point do you make the decision to sack one...I have not sacked a fighter yet...and I have a couple of 0-2 guys but I feel if I put some better training into them they will someday be good

Well, the guy I'm gonna drop is 2-4 and has lost 4 straight. That's enough for me to give up.

Post #78   7/28/09 5:35:37PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
I would say it's always good to start with two specialties.I also usually pull up the skill value list in the Tycoon wiki. I know supposedly this has caused some errors with some people by having the wiki window open as well, but I've never had any trouble with it, and I like to know exactly what X value makes.

I would do something like ...(assuming he's 22)

Boxing-1PT
Muay Thai-1PT
Wrestling- 60PTS (Respectable--)
BJJ- 88PTS (Strong++)

I would at least give him Proficient TD's (70PTS), Proficient Sub Def (since this not only defends subs but also how well you can sweep and gain dominant positions...70PTS), and Superb subs (90PTS). One thing people neglect when making ground based fighters is striking defense. I would at least make his striking defense respectable, that way a good striker can't set his slider to super aggressive and blow your guy out the water right away.

You could change around a few points to make him maybe a little more well rounded, because you'll never know when you're going to face a Brown Belt, which will probably be the only difficult matchup for you, or a really high level Purple Belt...which you kind of just have to guesstimate by glancing where his other points are distributed.

I also like to make good standup guys and purple belts, so you're screwed if you take em' down, and you're screwed if you keep it standing.

Like you could do...
Boxing 70
Muay Thai 1
Wrestling 9
BJJ 70

You could obviously nix the wrestling, as well, but I like to keep a little around just in case I run into a brown belt so I can start doing some wrestling sparring if I get matched up with one to counter him and keep it on the feet. You'll improve your wrestling by sparring pretty quickly because you improve skills faster when they're at a lower value.

I would just say again, don't neglect striking defense or sub defense.

Last edited 7/28/09 5:39PM server time by Wolfenstein
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #79   7/28/09 5:37:54PM   

Mayhem13

MMA Sensei

Mayhem13 Avatar

Career:2,196-1,303
Camp: Team Sakara Eye Punch
Chips:
I have a badass MW who is 4-0 all wins by sub. And he just got a 20,000 signing bonus to join an org.

Also have a 2-0 dude who hasn't made it past the first.

One guy who sucks ass, and a 1-0 guy who I don't know much about yet.

Post #80   7/28/09 5:46:21PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

I would say it's always good to start with two specialties.I also usually pull up the skill value list in the Tycoon wiki. I know supposedly this has caused some errors with some people by having the wiki window open as well, but I've never had any trouble with it, and I like to know exactly what X value makes.

I would do something like ...(assuming he's 22)

Boxing-1PT
Muay Thai-1PT
Wrestling- 60PTS (Respectable--)
BJJ- 88PTS (Strong++)

I would at least give him Proficient TD's (70PTS), Proficient Sub Def (since this not only defends subs but also how well you can sweep and gain dominant positions...70PTS), and Superb subs (90PTS). One thing people neglect when making ground based fighters is striking defense. I would at least make his striking defense respectable, that way a good striker can't set his slider to super aggressive and blow your guy out the water right away.

You could change around a few points to make him maybe a little more well rounded, because you'll never know when you're going to face a Brown Belt, which will probably be the only difficult matchup for you, or a really high level Purple Belt...which you kind of just have to guesstimate by glancing where his other points are distributed.

I also like to make good standup guys and purple belts, so you're screwed if you take em' down, and you're screwed if you keep it standing.

Like you could do...
Boxing 70
Muay Thai 1
Wrestling 9
BJJ 70

You could obviously nix the wrestling, as well, but I like to keep a little around just in case I run into a brown belt so I can start doing some wrestling sparring if I get matched up with one to counter him and keep it on the feet. You'll improve your wrestling by sparring pretty quickly because you improve skills faster when they're at a lower value.

I would just say again, don't neglect striking defense or sub defense.

This is pretty much the formula I've been using from the start. It's good to know that someone else is doing the same thing and actually having some success with it.

Now I just need to pick a city!

Post #81   7/28/09 5:46:31PM   

sclasclemski

Belt Contender

sclasclemski Avatar

Career:425-289
Camp: THE 486
Chips:
wow...thats intense...I did nothing of the sort to make my guys...of course I think I made all ten of my guys within a week of first playing the game

Post #82   7/28/09 6:08:18PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:
The newest addition to the 205lb (LHW) division in Montreal...

Newman "Turd" McFerguson

Post #83   7/29/09 8:37:51AM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Career:2,417-1,350
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
i use a similar style to Wolfs Second example there.

I like to be good on the feet and on the ground so I tend to put my points in Boxing and BJJ.

The only thing I'd add is to put the absolute minimum in Conditioning and Strength when you make your fighter. Those points are much more useful put towards Flexibility, Agility, Speed and Balance. Since they are much harder to pop than Strength or Cardio.

The first week of training I work just cardio and then I do the same with Weight training. It takes less than 2 weeks to go from Abysmal to Superb in either one.

As for the sparring I find the training in Individual skills has more impact on the actual fights. I forget his username but theres a guy who runs a private gym in Rio (fightking) that has a ton of guys who are very skilled in the major skills but haven't faired all that well in fights. I think thats because they are just sparring with no coaching whatsoever.

I still try to keep it around 50-50 between sparring and Coach training though.

Post #84   7/29/09 3:00:32PM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Chips:

Posted by FlashyG

i use a similar style to Wolfs Second example there.

I like to be good on the feet and on the ground so I tend to put my points in Boxing and BJJ.

The only thing I'd add is to put the absolute minimum in Conditioning and Strength when you make your fighter. Those points are much more useful put towards Flexibility, Agility, Speed and Balance. Since they are much harder to pop than Strength or Cardio.

The first week of training I work just cardio and then I do the same with Weight training. It takes less than 2 weeks to go from Abysmal to Superb in either one.

As for the sparring I find the training in Individual skills has more impact on the actual fights. I forget his username but theres a guy who runs a private gym in Rio (fightking) that has a ton of guys who are very skilled in the major skills but haven't faired all that well in fights. I think thats because they are just sparring with no coaching whatsoever.

I still try to keep it around 50-50 between sparring and Coach training though.

Thanks for the advice. I wish I would have waited prior to building McFerguson now. I gave him tons of cardio to start out. We'll see how it pans out for me.

Post #85   7/29/09 3:07:14PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
Having great cardio wont hurt him, Atleast you can train each session right from the start.

When your cardio is abysmal, you can do one session a day, and even then you normally need 2 sessions to recoup the energy loss from a single cardio workout.

I dont think there's one foolproof method to making a great fighter.

One things for sure, your guy has a great name

Post #86   7/29/09 3:21:09PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
Just don't make the cardio a value of 1. There was a guy who did that, and after the first session his energy dropped to zero. So Tycoon gave him a freebie and upped his energy back to 100. Guess what happened next session. You guessed it, back to zero!

Post #87   7/29/09 4:54:21PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
I think Mike made a fix for that.

the lowest you can set your Cardio is 10 (Abysmal).

When your cardio is at 10 one session drops you to about 60% energy.

Post #88   7/29/09 5:20:52PM   

FlashyG

Heavyweight Champ

FlashyG Avatar

Chips:
Double posted

Last edited 7/29/09 5:34PM server time by FlashyG
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #89   7/29/09 5:22:57PM   

breakdown5

MMA Sensei

breakdown5 Avatar

Career:877-464
Chips:
I just started an account over there and there is so much to digest. This is gonna take some time to get a feel for things and I'm sure my first batch of fighters will not be superstars. I just made four fighters with pretty even skills/attributes in everything, hopefully they will benefit from training. Still pretty cool though. Good find to whoever found this.

Post #90   7/29/09 10:06:51PM   

Page 6 of 11   <<   3     4     5     6     7     8     9   >>