Today's Topics Unanswered Topics Avatar Bets Search PM's My Props Member Directory Premium Members Recent Polls Subscriptions Rules

Sponsors

CSAC medically suspends Urijah Faber, Manny Gamburyan, five others after WEC 41 event

CSAC medically suspends Urijah Faber, Manny Gamburyan, five others after WEC 41 event
Posted By Message

MMAcca
Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career record: 1191-684
Season: 36-29 (#840)
Bankroll: $400 (#1627)
8088 posts
Joined 4/07
The full list of suspensions included:

* Urijah Faber is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a broken right hand, unless cleared earlier by a doctor.
* Cub Swanson is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 due to head injuries and facial lacerations. A CAT scan is also required prior to return.
* Manny Gamburyan is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a broken right hand, unless cleared earlier by a doctor.
* John Franchi is suspended from competition and contact in training until Aug. 6 for a left cheek laceration.
* Antonio Banuelos is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a lack of corneal reflex in his right eye, unless cleared earlier by an ophthalmological physician.
* Noah Thomas is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a nasal fracture, unless cleared earlier by a doctor. Thomas also suspended until Aug. 6 for facial lacerations.
* Seth Dikun is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a possible broken right foot, unless cleared earlier by a doctor.

LINK

Post #1   6/11/09 12:45:55AM   

Jackelope
Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career record: 586-330
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
7224 posts
Joined 1/07

* Antonio Banuelos is suspended from competition and contact in training until Dec. 4 for a lack of corneal reflex in his right eye, unless cleared earlier by an ophthalmological physician.

This is scary stuff right here. I think it's a problem we'll see in MMA in the foreseeable future. Just because of the fingers sticking out of the gloves. I don't have an answer, but these eye injuries are a lot more dangerous than people realize. If you need any kind of an example for the lack of seriousness people pay toward eye injuries just take a look at the Varner vs. Cerrone fight.

Amare Stoudamire from the Phoenix Suns just had to get eye surgery this last year, too. That stuff is scary as hell.

Post #2   6/11/09 1:04:10AM   

mshalosky
Standup Guy

mshalosky Avatar
Career record: 227-130
Season: 0-0 (#-)
Bankroll: $1,000
277 posts
Joined 2/09
dont forget about anthony johnson he did too idk what the damage to his eye was but he had to have surgery.
how the hell did seth dikun break his foot was that flying triangle locked in to tight? lol

Last edited 6/11/09 2:54PM by mshalosky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #3   6/11/09 2:53:32PM   

Username:

Password:

Keep me logged in