Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Mcfedries Kicked Out Of MFS Gym, Hopes To Reconcile

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,763-1,032
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
Drew McFedries’ comments at UFC 98 have cost him his place in Pat Miletich’s gym.

The hard-slugging middleweight Wednesday told MMAWeekly.com he has been kicked out of MFS Elite’s flagship training center in Bettendorf, Ia.

Following a 37-second destruction of Xavier Foupa-Pokam last month, McFedries said his work with Matt Pena and the H.I.T. Squad, headed by former MFS regulars Matt Hughes and Robbie Lawler, was a key factor in his victory.

“I really didn’t get a lot of support from my own team at MFS,” said McFedries. “Which is sad, that’s my hometown.”

McFedries said Miletich contacted him after the fight and told him it was “time to move on.” After returning to Bettendorf, McFedries attended a meeting with the gym’s regulars, including Miletich, and the decision was made final.

LINK

Post #1   6/11/09 12:40:14AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
I like this move! I mean it sucks but I think it benefits Drew a whole lot better. I mean maybe now he can move to a camp that actually cares for him and cares too see him get better and suceed. Definitely could benefit his takedown and submission defense if he finds the right place. Would love to see him go to ATT, AKA, or Xtreme Couture. Love watching mcfederies, he's a class act and very exciting to watch. Hope for the best for him in the future! Hope he starts making his way back up to the top again!

Post #2   6/11/09 12:53:44AM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
Let's hope this doesn't get into Drew's head. He's got a history of emotions causing him to have poor performances. Legitimate emotions, mind you. I just hope that a team he has such strong ties with breaking with him makes him stronger, not weaker.

I would like to see Drew make a good run at the title before he retires. He's a very likable guy, and he's obviously got that devastating KO power.

Post #3   6/11/09 12:56:47AM   

jocka

In Full Mount

jocka Avatar

Career:237-170
Chips:
I think its a really good thing, that will force him to look for another camp. When you've been with the same camp for so long you stop getting better. He needs to find new people that will take his game to the next level. I think a place like ATT would be perfect for him.

Post #4   6/11/09 7:43:28AM   

Zekeil

MMA Regular

Zekeil Avatar

Career:1,214-756
Camp: Collinsville Clan
Chips:
He's going to go to Hughes and Lawlers Hitsquad, he has history with them it's a natural fit and regardless of what anybody at MFS says he was going to move to that camp anyway.

Post #5   6/11/09 9:28:57AM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,320-1,237
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i say go to hit squad
mfs is not the same like it was years ago,
i do see mc fedries in the future with a painted target on his back by MFS
I WON'T be surprised if he fights a fighter from there by the end of the year

Post #6   6/11/09 10:12:46AM