Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Nick Diaz Could Fight At Light Heavyweight

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
So says Cesar Gracie, who also notes that Diaz would be willing to fight at ANY weight except Lightweight, which is now out of the question. Wherever the big fights are, Gracie says.

Article

Post #1   6/9/09 5:00:01PM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
BJ Penn could as well, but it doesnt mean he would be successful there.

Post #2   6/9/09 5:17:12PM   

Edwards

Standup Guy

Edwards Avatar

Career:2,523-1,339
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:
I love watching Nich Diaz fight so i would be a fan to see how tough this guy is,he's always exciting and as real as it gets so i say go do it diaz

Post #3   6/9/09 5:19:30PM   

teddythetuna

In Full Mount

teddythetuna Avatar

Career:1,164-752
Chips:
I just want someone to beat this guy. He is an exceptional fighter but man what an attitude problem. He says its how he is portrayed but when you slap another fighters hand out of the way when he is just trying to be a good sport about the fight (Scott Smith who was even losing the fight) just shows what type of person you really are. An ideal loss for me would be a flying knee that knocks him the f**k out and while he is falling over he gets put into a triangle choke just for good measure. (Maia could pull it off. )

Post #4   6/9/09 5:24:49PM   

sparky

AV BET Record: 41-10

sparky Avatar

Career:2,843-1,563
Camp: Team Fry Guy
Chips:

Posted by Edwards

I love watching Nich Diaz fight so i would be a fan to see how tough this guy is,he's always exciting and as real as it gets so i say go do it diaz

AGREED!!!!

Who are we to say he isnt capable of it.

Last edited 6/9/09 5:26PM server time by sparky
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #5   6/9/09 5:25:24PM   

wrona666

In Full Mount

wrona666 Avatar

Career:1,102-674
Chips:
I agree with Teddythetuna......Diaz is definately a fun fighter to watch, but his attitude just gets under my skin.....I would love to see him get knocked unconcious......

Post #6   6/9/09 7:03:10PM   

Sir_Karl

MMA Sensei

Sir_Karl Avatar

Career:2,275-1,535
Chips:
He does need to get back to the top of the ladder competition.
Diaz hasn't faced a top ten guy in years though. Gomi maybe?
He needs to get back to the UFC and work his way up the real ladder.
A fight or two with Affliction wouldn't hurt...but he really needs to sign back with the UFC if he wants to prove himself.
He doesn't have much to prove in Strikeforce. He will whoop Lawler again, beat Cung Le and then what?
He will beat down every schmuck Strikeforce throws at him.
He should at least beat Cung Le, take the belt and then maybe talk to Dana and the boys.
Love him or hate him...he keeps it real.
He wears his heart on his sleeve and doesn't give a hoot.

Post #7   6/9/09 8:29:29PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Chips:
Umm I think Diaz is a good fighter and all but he would get murdered by any of the top ten fighters at LHW and most likely by a lot of the guys not even in the top 10. You would have to be crazy to think size and strength don't play a huge part in fighting. He would much better off seeing how he would do with the top guys at WW and MW. I don't think he could break in to the top five of either of those weight classes. I know some have said BJ has fought at LHW but BJ is also a much better fighter than Diaz is and he only had one fight at LHW that he didn't win.

Last edited 6/9/09 9:10PM server time by telnights

Post #8   6/9/09 9:09:13PM   

Jackelope

Go ahead, MOD my day

Jackelope Avatar

Career:864-486
Chips:
I would love to see him move up to LHW and try to pitter patter with his hands against someone like Hendo. Hendo would walk right through those, put an overhand right on his chin, and then pick him up and dump him on his head. Nothing more humiliating than getting tossed around by a wrestler. As a matter of fact, throw him in there against a new wrestler like Ryan Bader just to humble him even further.

Post #9   6/10/09 1:26:16AM   

mentalcase

MMA Expert/Genius/God

mentalcase Avatar

Career:1,550-799
Chips:
i love diaz this sport would be better if more fighter were like him

Post #10   6/10/09 2:05:29AM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:

Posted by Jackelope

I would love to see him move up to LHW and try to pitter patter with his hands against someone like Hendo. Hendo would walk right through those, put an overhand right on his chin, and then pick him up and dump him on his head. Nothing more humiliating than getting tossed around by a wrestler. As a matter of fact, throw him in there against a new wrestler like Ryan Bader just to humble him even further.

And then what, get submitted? yep. You guys are a bit funny. I get tired of people trying to say Diaz has no power when he has 11 wins by ko or tko. Nobody wants to go to the ground with Nick and thats why most everyone stands.I dont think hendo has a easy time landing overhand haymakers as we have seen Nick gives powerful strikers like Scott Smith and Robbie fits. But lets say he lands a few, Nick has a rock solid chin as well.

Its easy to say he would walk though Nicks shots but its not realistic because Diaz is not going to just stand still and he has good footwork.

Im not saying he beats everyone but he would be competitive.

Posted by telnights

Umm I think Diaz is a good fighter and all but he would get murdered by any of the top ten fighters at LHW and most likely by a lot of the guys not even in the top 10. You would have to be crazy to think size and strength don't play a huge part in fighting. He would much better off seeing how he would do with the top guys at WW and MW. I don't think he could break in to the top five of either of those weight classes. I know some have said BJ has fought at LHW but BJ is also a much better fighter than Diaz is and he only had one fight at LHW that he didn't win.

Diaz is 6ft tall and thats right about the average hight for a LHW in the UFC, he has long arms so to say he doesn't have the frame to fight at LHW and be successful is not really realistic either, in fact the bigger Nick gets the better he fights. Personally I think 170 or 185 would be his ideal weight but who knows because we have yet to see him at 205.

I dont see how it would be hard for him to pack on more muscle as long as he is willing to give up his triathlon's.

Last edited 6/10/09 2:08AM server time by slapshot
2 total post edits

Post #11   6/10/09 2:05:40AM   

Pookie

Remember Paul Herrera

Pookie Avatar

Career:1,910-1,061
Chips:

Posted by slapshot

Posted by Jackelope

And then what, get submitted? yep. You guys are a bit funny. I get tired of people trying to say Diaz has no power when he has 11 wins by ko or tko. Nobody wants to go to the ground with Nick and thats why most everyone stands.I dont think hendo has a easy time landing overhand haymakers as we have seen Nick gives powerful strikers like Scott Smith and Robbie fits. But lets say he lands a few, Nick has a rock solid chin as well.

Its easy to say he would walk though Nicks shots but its not realistic because Diaz is not going to just stand still and he has good footwork.

Im not saying he beats everyone but he would be competitive.

Posted by telnights

Diaz is 6ft tall and thats right about the average hight for a LHW in the UFC, he has long arms so to say he doesn't have the frame to fight at LHW and be successful is not really realistic either, in fact the bigger Nick gets the better he fights. Personally I think 170 or 185 would be his ideal weight but who knows because we have yet to see him at 205.

I dont see how it would be hard for him to pack on more muscle as long as he is willing to give up his triathlon's.

He actually doesnt really have long arms for 6'1"
He has a 74" reach which is just 1 inch above the average 6'1" person.

Post #12   6/10/09 2:57:45AM   

coldchillin

In Full Mount

coldchillin Avatar

Career:533-287
Chips:
He needs to stay at welterweight and middleweight... not above or below.

I would like to see a rematch between him and Lawler @ 180. A stand-up war would probably ensue but I could see Diaz catching him with a submission this time just like Shields did. If not a rematch with Lawler, then definitely a fight with Cung Le.

Post #13   6/10/09 4:45:51AM   

tmas

Belt Contender

tmas Avatar

Career:1,091-851
Chips:
205 is a stretch for him there, i could see him sub 500 at 205, he is to big for LW imo, 170 is okay for him, and 185 is okay, i think 185 would be best for him, he could put on 10-15 lbs of muscle and have no problem.

Post #14   6/10/09 8:43:04AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Chips:

Posted by mentalcase

i love diaz this sport would be better if more fighter were like him

...and this sport would also have one less fan.

Post #15   6/10/09 8:48:54AM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3