Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

More TUF News...

Print  
Posted By Message

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
UFC also confirms that Wes Sims and Roy Nelson have been added to the TUF 10 cast.

Post #1   6/9/09 1:52:23PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
You should edit the title to be more specific

And you should add a source so people don't think your full of crap.

Anyways, it's true: SOURCE

According to ***********, several huge, and I mean literally huge, additions have been confirmed for the TUF 10 cast, which already included former EliteXC fighter and YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice and four NFL veterans who have converted to Mixed Martial Arts. The two reported additions, according to sources close to the show, include non-other than former IFL Heavyweight champion Roy “Big Country” Nelson and a returning UFC veteran in Hammerhouse product, Wes Sims.........

Looks like everyone is competing for 2nd place with "Big County" in the mix
And here's what Dana had to say about him a while back:

"That guy would have to loose like over 100 f...ing pounds to fight in my organization. I couldn't even put him on TUF looking like that. My fighters have to be athletes, and they have an appearance to uphold working for the UFC."

EDIT: Tried to prop you for the find, but alas, I must spread

Last edited 6/9/09 2:28PM server time by manfred
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #2   6/9/09 1:59:14PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:509-316
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I kept hearing rumors that Mike tyson wanted in tuff but even if he did I cant see him competing in anything this soon after his daughter passed away, I have kids and that story is horrifying.

Anyway I would like to see how well mike could do in this sport, the power he has in both hands with four ounce gloves would be scary. So I think it would rock if he got on the show. I think it would be nuts if someone couldn't get cleared to fight and they brought him in, Kimbo slice vs Mike Tyson Id love to see that.

Last edited 6/9/09 2:24PM server time by slapshot
Edit note/reason: n/a
2 total post edits

Post #3   6/9/09 2:14:16PM   

JuggaloWarrior878

Juggalo 4 Life

JuggaloWarrior878 Avatar

Career:2,549-1,476
Camp: Hatchet House
Chips:
cant wait for this season to start gonna be a lot of familiar faces. mike tyson looked pretty out of shape in that movie the hangover so i doubt he would try to do mma.

Post #4   6/9/09 2:37:50PM   

mkiv9secsupra

MMA Sensei

mkiv9secsupra Avatar

Career:1,051-706
Chips:
Wow....well i guess we know who will be the next winner of the show. BIG country.

But i will only be watching to see Kimbo embarrass himself on a worldwide tv show.

Post #5   6/9/09 2:58:24PM   

MMA

Pimpin

MMA Avatar

Career:672-349
Chips:
Besides the tragic loss of Tyson's daughter, I really doubt he has the motivation to fight anymore. The dude has also really let himself go. The dude will forever be a legend though, everyone should check out his documentary, it was really good.

Post #6   6/9/09 3:20:39PM   

Manfred

MMA Sensei

Manfred Avatar

Career:596-351
Chips:
This season will probably rather dull (house antics-wise) since it seems to be more "men" in the house and they should act more mature.

Of course, it's all gonna go haywire if Wes decides to bite Kimbo

Post #7   6/9/09 3:29:04PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,460-1,306
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i honestly think this season has been the worst ever
no house antics and not that many exciting fights plus all the crying from the us has just been a bore
but i am hoping next season will be one of the best one yet

Post #8   6/10/09 1:30:32AM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
Tyson will never fight MMA. MMA promotions have been trying for ages. He will never do it. He likes MMA and knows much more about it than you would think. But he mentioned before when K1 wanted him to compete that he didnt want to get kicked in the head. He never had intentions of fighting. But K1 payed him to do some promotions to make people think he would. Back around UFC 40 range Tyson hung out in the locker room with Tito and watch him warm up before a fight. He knows he cant do MMA.

FYI: If you watch one of Dana's Blags from a while back. Dana takes a bunch of fighters to the Video game awards. He also had them all meet Mike Tyson. Tyson knew all the fighters and even said to Nog "You are the one with the Twin bother, right?" and said "you are fighting Mir for the belt". Dana said Mir is here to and Tyson turned around and shook Mirs hand.

You have to be more than a casual fan to know anything about Little Nog. He clearly follows the sport. Not suprising since he is a big boxing historian.

Post #9   6/10/09 8:56:46AM   

kaduey

In Full Mount

kaduey Avatar

Career:1,537-829
Chips:

Posted by Manfred

You should edit the title to be more specific

And you should add a source so people don't think your full of crap.

Anyways, it's true: SOURCE

According to ***********, several huge, and I mean literally huge, additions have been confirmed for the TUF 10 cast, which already included former EliteXC fighter and YouTube sensation Kimbo Slice and four NFL veterans who have converted to Mixed Martial Arts. The two reported additions, according to sources close to the show, include non-other than former IFL Heavyweight champion Roy “Big Country” Nelson and a returning UFC veteran in Hammerhouse product, Wes Sims.........

Looks like everyone is competing for 2nd place with "Big County" in the mix
And here's what Dana had to say about him a while back:

"That guy would have to loose like over 100 f...ing pounds to fight in my organization. I couldn't even put him on TUF looking like that. My fighters have to be athletes, and they have an appearance to uphold working for the UFC."

EDIT: Tried to prop you for the find, but alas, I must spread

I agree! Roy Nelson should win this season hands down from what I'm seeing so far. He may look like a burger king employee but he's definitely in the top 20

Post #10   6/11/09 11:43:45PM   

Franklinfan47

Simply The Best

Franklinfan47 Avatar

Career:2,605-1,426
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
This is going to be a crazy season

Post #11   6/11/09 11:47:58PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,384-764
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by MMA

Besides the tragic loss of Tyson's daughter, I really doubt he has the motivation to fight anymore. The dude has also really let himself go. The dude will forever be a legend though, everyone should check out his documentary, it was really good.

I watch the documentary a while back and must say it one of the best ones I have ever seen.

Post #12   6/12/09 5:03:25AM