Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Faber Talks Brown Loss, Surgery, Aldo, More

Print  
Posted By Message

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Despite losing almost everything against Mike Brown except his positive spirit, Urijah Faber can't wait to get back in the cage. A day after the WEC 41 loss he talked about the fight, Jose Aldo, and his future plans when he does return-which would seem to include a 3rd fight against Brown.

Article (videos too)

Post #1   6/9/09 11:13:22AM   

Hendo67

MMA Sensei

Hendo67 Avatar

Career:1,066-730
Camp: East Coast Pitbulls
Chips:
If only his hand wasn't broken...
I think he honestly would have won back the title, especially with that choke in the third.

I seriously love this guys attitude towards fighting.

Post #2   6/9/09 11:18:33AM   

cloppio

treadin troden trails

cloppio Avatar

Career:506-363
Chips:

Posted by Hendo67

If only his hand wasn't broken...
I think he honestly would have won back the title, especially with that choke in the third.

I seriously love this guys attitude towards fighting.

faber and brown are just awesome for the sport. these two personify what a champion is. positive, honest, and humble when needed, but full of endless confidence.

anyone new to mma should have to watch these guys first. as a "how to" cheers to both of them.

Post #3   6/9/09 11:29:27AM   

DCRage

Representin' The MA's

DCRage Avatar

Career:978-738
Chips:
Faber is a great representative of California MMA-you could say that, at least as far as the 2-0-9 goes, he's the anti-Nick Diaz. Nick will flip off anyone and everyone without a second thought but Faber always seems cool, calm, and approachable. Brown has come off pretty well himself in interviews and, at least in my eyes, is now a deserving champion. He no longer can be called a fluke, Faber injury or not. He's now beaten Faber twice and has 2 successful defenses under his belt.

Post #4   6/9/09 11:35:36AM   

ncordless

MODulation

ncordless Avatar

Career:1,895-1,080
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
Faber always has a good attitude and is a class-act. 145 is quickly turning into one of the most stacked in MMA (maybe THE most stacked if you think about the two GPs going on in Japan plus the talent in the WEC). Faber should have a series of good fights coming up.

It will be interesting to see if Brown still has the belt by the time Faber's hand heals. Faber hinted at the match-up with Aldo in this interview and brought up Aldo's speed vs. Brown's strength. Brown was having trouble with Faber's speed the whole fight. Aldo is real fast.

Post #5   6/9/09 11:47:57AM