Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Re-introducing Cheick Kongo

Print  
Posted By Message

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
To most UFC fans, Cheick Kongo remains a mystery. Despite seven Octagon wins (including three in a row), many still don’t feel like they know the man who may be next in line for a shot at the heavyweight title should he get by Cain Velasquez this Saturday night at UFC 99. So when asked whether he’s reached the point where he can do for the mixed martial arts scene in France what his teammate Michael Bisping has done for the UK, he answers honestly and humbly.

“I don’t think I am a “star”, I am not that type of person,” said Kongo. “But to be recognized and have people like you is a good thing, a great vibe. I am friends with Michael Bisping and he has great support in England and people say France is becoming like that for me. So if I can help MMA in France I am happy to. It is a great pleasure to have French people supporting me.”

STORY

Post #1   6/9/09 8:43:17AM