Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Jamie Varner Responds to Cowboy

Print  
Posted By Message

BrutalKnockOut

MMA Regular

BrutalKnockOut Avatar

Career:466-310
Camp: Team Takeover
Chips:
Varner responds to some harsh words from Cerrone, as well as his critics

WEC lightweight champion Jamie Varner isn't shy about discussing Donald Cerrone, and how he plans to handle the rematch.

Post #1   6/9/09 7:49:46AM   

emfleek

DO YOU SPEAK IT?

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,234-1,182
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:
I hope Cowboy beats the living sh*t out of Varner.

Post #2   6/9/09 8:28:05AM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:
Varner frustrates me. I was pulling for him the first time because he represents AZ Combat even though I like Cerrone but the way he gave up and continuously apologized it just seemed too acted out. So he did break his hand and he did break his foot but Cerrone wasn’t broken. He looked like **** but he was still in the fight. If you take all the points away and have the Ref step out we all know who would have won that fight and that is something that Varner has had to think about the last several months. In a sense they are both avenging a loss. This time around I wont pick sides I am just rooting for a good fight, maybe a finish, or if anything a Unanimous Decision. Varner has to really dominate to win me back as a fan.

Great Fight

Post #3   6/9/09 11:35:56AM   

NatedawgThaM

MMA Sensei

NatedawgThaM Avatar

Career:676-444
Chips:
haha that was mad funny. "I'm sorry I'm sorry I'm sorry" then one of the judges gives the fight to Cowboy and Varner looks so pissed haha but then he ends up winning so he goes back to "Im sorry Im sorry Im sorry" haha. And the Oscar goes to!

I hope Varner gets destroyed. Going to be a war though, cant wait for this fight again!

Post #4   6/9/09 12:32:58PM   

whardin19

MMA Sensei

whardin19 Avatar

Career:993-595
Camp: B-Robs Terror
Chips:
Why all the hating on Varner people? The guy got a illegal knee to the head and couldn't go anymore. It happens. Stop busting his balls. I'm routed for Varner the first time and I'll route for Varner in the rematch. Only Arizona Combat guy I like.

Post #5   6/9/09 2:12:31PM   

scobac

BANNED

scobac Avatar

Career:165-137
Chips:
im not goin to bust varners balls but im goin to root for the cowboy again. If he dosnt tighten up his wrestling though he is going to be in for a long night, varner has some ruthless ground and pound.

Post #6   6/9/09 2:21:56PM   

Wolfenstein

Heavyweight Champ

Wolfenstein Avatar

Career:1,304-730
Chips:
The illegal knee did injure Varner. He had a detached retina afterwards. I thought he was faking at the time, but it ended up being the real deal. Now people are acting like it never happened. Selective memories I guess.

Should be a war again, but I expect it to play out similar to the previous bout. Varner decides where this fight goes, because he has the wrestling to do so. Cerrone stalks like the Terminator. Varner ducks under for the takedown and drops Cerrone like a ton of bricks at will, and controls from there.

Cerrone has a great guard, but I think his chances are less than 50/50 of submitting Varner from the bottom. Whenever Cowboy goes for the high guard I expect Jaime to get back to his feet, and drop back down with punches. Everytime he senses danger he'll get back up, and he'll probably be able to kill a lot of clock time in the process while avoiding danger, and scoring points.

Either way--I can't wait to see this one.

Post #7   6/9/09 2:56:10PM   

jiujitsufreak74

,,[],, *******,,[],,

jiujitsufreak74 Avatar

Career:1,056-572
Chips:

Posted by Wolfenstein

The illegal knee did injure Varner. He had a detached retina afterwards. I thought he was faking at the time, but it ended up being the real deal. Now people are acting like it never happened. Selective memories I guess.

Should be a war again, but I expect it to play out similar to the previous bout. Varner decides where this fight goes, because he has the wrestling to do so. Cerrone stalks like the Terminator. Varner ducks under for the takedown and drops Cerrone like a ton of bricks at will, and controls from there.

Cerrone has a great guard, but I think his chances are less than 50/50 of submitting Varner from the bottom. Whenever Cowboy goes for the high guard I expect Jaime to get back to his feet, and drop back down with punches. Everytime he senses danger he'll get back up, and he'll probably be able to kill a lot of clock time in the process while avoiding danger, and scoring points.

Either way--I can't wait to see this one.

seriously people act like it was fake. i can't believe the memory span of of the MMA community; it was PROVEN that the illegal knee caused damage...enough so that it was the correct call to stop the fight

Post #8   6/9/09 3:46:04PM   

jae_1833

TTTHS

jae_1833 Avatar

Career:2,471-1,565
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
I dont know man, I like The Worm. I like his fighting and I think he is the better tougher fighter between the two. I bet he takes the rematch, this time via tko.

Post #9   6/10/09 3:16:25AM   

Brain_Smasher

Banned

Brain_Smasher Avatar

Career:761-379
Chips:
Varner was kicking Cerrones ass the entire fight. The judge who has Cerrone winning shoud be shot. The only round Cerrone come close to winning was the round he cheated. Varner dropped him a few times and was taking him down at will. Cerrone has no headmovement and no takedown defense. Yet he talks trash as he is getting outclassed.

Cerrone threw the illegal kick because he was desperate. He knew he was losing an dknew he was about to be taken down yet again and paniced.

Post #10   6/10/09 8:40:33AM