Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

Josh Barnett: ‘Rock Em, Sock Em’ Reilly will vote for MMA when he can get rich from it

Print  
Posted By Message

MMAcca

Heavyweight Champ

MMAcca Avatar

Career:1,782-1,038
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
"New York is a very big legislative district and there’s a lot of money going through here … [MMA] is an easy target for a politician to make it seem like he’s working for the money he’s gobbling up into his pockets through special interests and greasing palms, the old-boys network. Politicians aren’t really there to serve us, they’re there to serve themselves and to work and live in the political circle that it is and live off the political money that is in that circle. When the day comes that it’s more beneficial for them to have MMA (in New York) instead of attacking it, then things will change. Until they think they can get rich off it, they’re going to use it as their Rock’Em, Sock ‘Em Robot."

LINK

Post #1   6/7/09 5:09:07AM   

mrsmiley

Heavyweight Champ

mrsmiley Avatar

Career:1,456-844
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
I've always agreed with the way Josh looks at this subject.
I think he hit it dead on when he talked about politics and MMA on Inside MMA a while back.

Post #2   6/7/09 8:54:01AM   

Greene33

MMA Regular

Greene33 Avatar

Career:590-391
Chips:

Posted by mrsmiley

I've always agreed with the way Josh looks at this subject.
I think he hit it dead on when he talked about politics and MMA on Inside MMA a while back.

100% agree, Josh has a great view and understanding of MMA and Politics. I agree that we won't see MMA in NY until the state can make sure they are going to be getting their cut.

Post #3   6/7/09 10:55:38AM