Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST
  MMA Playground 4.0 is live!     Returning members: check out the patch notes     New members: visit our getting started guide, read the FAQ's and start playing!

what if randy wins?

Print  
  Page 1 of 3     1     2     3  
Posted By Message

185champ

Learning to Sprawl

185champ Avatar

Career:22-17
Camp: Wicked Wizards
Chips:
i'm not worried about randy getting hurt in the silvia fight. i want to know what he is gonna do if he actually wins? is he gonna defend the tiltle against cro-cop? i can't see that working out well for him.

Post #1   1/14/07 4:23:40PM   

pitbull

Learning to Sprawl

Career:-
Chips:
Yeh, i think it would be brilliant if Randy wins as Sylvia isn't one of my favourite fighters in the UFC.
Maybe a rematch if Randy does win!!

Post #2   1/14/07 4:37:12PM   

grappler-80

Learning to Sprawl

grappler-80 Avatar

Career:14-8
Chips:
Man poor randy. the guys in a lose-lose. hes gonna have his hands full with big tim's size, then even if he does win hes got highlight reel LHK on the way. gotta have the faith though. war randy!

Post #3   1/14/07 5:58:43PM   

HANKtheTANK

Learning to Sprawl

HANKtheTANK Avatar

Career:209-128
Camp: Team Bullshido
Chips:
if he wins, he should retire right away. That'll keep the LHK from hunting him down

Post #4   1/14/07 10:23:41PM   

185champ

Learning to Sprawl

185champ Avatar

Chips:
he singed a 4 fight, 2 year contract

Post #5   1/14/07 11:32:24PM   

Kameleon

MMA Regular

Kameleon Avatar

Career:210-115
Chips:
He will defend his title against AA first because I don't think Mirko will get a title shot after just beating Sanchez. If Randy gets pasted AA, then he meets Mirko.

Post #6   1/16/07 1:57:42AM   

Savy

MMA Regular

Savy Avatar

Career:61-50
Camp: Snatch As Snatch Can
Chips:
Wait until someone beats Chuck, drop down to 204, take that belt too, then retire.
Problem is, he may have to wait forever for that.

Post #7   1/16/07 4:03:24AM   

n0xin

MMA Regular

n0xin Avatar

Career:871-519
Camp: GTA Pick'em Crew
Chips:
After listening to his interview on The Beatdownm it really seems that Randy is intrested in fighting Crocop, that Cro Cop was one of the reasons why he wanted to come back. As UFC improves their roster, people want to come back and fight.

High hopes for Capt. America. Say he does take out Tim, like you all have said already LHK will destroy him.

Post #8   1/16/07 7:04:11AM   

waylon_o

In Full Mount

waylon_o Avatar

Career:162-90
Chips:
I do agree that the LHK will probably be all she wrote for The Natural....but we can't forget Coutoure's experience. He's beat a lot of people that noone thought he would be because he's smarter and he knows how to train for certain opponents. Remember when he fought Vitor Belfort (back when Belfort was a great fighter)? Belfort had hands like nobody has ever saw before, but Randy out-boxed him. He's beat Liddell, he's spanked Tito (quite literally). I don't really see him beating Cro Cop, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did pull off the upset.

Post #9   1/16/07 9:25:21AM   

cowcatcher

Steady MODdin'

cowcatcher Avatar

Career:2,476-1,422
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
whoever wins this fight loses to crocop regardless, but it would be fun to see a 3 time HW champ

Post #10   1/16/07 11:58:07AM   

NutBar

Learning to Sprawl

NutBar Avatar

Career:19-12
Chips:

Posted by waylon_o

I do agree that the LHK will probably be all she wrote for The Natural....but we can't forget Coutoure's experience. He's beat a lot of people that noone thought he would be because he's smarter and he knows how to train for certain opponents. Remember when he fought Vitor Belfort (back when Belfort was a great fighter)? Belfort had hands like nobody has ever saw before, but Randy out-boxed him. He's beat Liddell, he's spanked Tito (quite literally). I don't really see him beating Cro Cop, but it wouldn't surprise me if he did pull off the upset.

WAR Randy! Even if he loses to Tim or CC I still love the guy's heart.

Good points BTW

Post #11   1/16/07 12:18:41PM   

185champ

Learning to Sprawl

185champ Avatar

Chips:
i honestly don't see his first fighting going anywhere, silvia is just going keep him at distance with the jab. i only threw this out because we know how randy works and he's surprised me before

Post #12   1/16/07 2:51:23PM   

strikefirstgear

MMA Regular

strikefirstgear Avatar

Career:54-37
Camp: StrikeFirstGear
Chips:
My bet is that Randy has something up his sleeve in the way of a gameplan.

Gameplans are highly under rated. The plan lost Hughes and Franklin a belt and somehow kept Sylvia's belt for a while longer over Monson. Randy's experience will count for something in that area.

Post #13   1/17/07 3:15:19AM   

hippysmacker

Boondock Saints Mod

hippysmacker Avatar

Career:1,916-1,077
Camp: Nutthuggers Suck
Chips:
It's possible he can close the distance, but even if he gets him down, I don't see him finishing the fight unless he goes for a sub. That's been a rarity for him. Also, the clinch won't work for him , because of Sylvias height. I fear even if he gets him down he won't be able to finish him. By the 3rd or 4th round he might be too tired to take down someone that size. Still, he's my all-time favorite fighter so I gotta have hope, He's found a way to surprise people a lot of times in his career. Cro-cop is at least similar in size and weighs less. He'd have to press him against the cage and take him and keep him down to have any chance. However, cro-cop is similar to Chuck in his take down defense. While I think Cro-cop will beat Sylvia, styles make fights, and size does matter. Randy might have a better chance againt Mirko "IF" he gets by Sylvia. Big if though. I just don't want to see him lose again, it breaks my heart.

“Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Do not lie ,cheat ,or steal.for selfish gain. These things are for lesser men. Protect the weak against the evil strong. And never allow thoughts of gain to lead you into the pursuit of evil. Never back away from an enemy. Either fight or surrender. It is not enough to say I will not be evil. Evil must be fought wherever it is found.”
The Iron Code

Post #14   1/17/07 7:49:19PM   

thepitbull00

MMA Regular

thepitbull00 Avatar

Career:2,292-1,600
Camp: country KO
Chips:
I love Randy Couture to death but I just don't think he can deal with Tim Sylvia. Don't get me wrong I love to see Tim lose but that might have to wait for Cro Cop.

Post #15   1/17/07 8:01:39PM   

Page 1 of 3     1     2     3