Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

Rampage Could "Definitely" Beat Machida

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

4u2nv

Standup Guy

4u2nv Avatar

Career:705-497
Chips:

Posted by telnights

Well I feel Rashad had a better chance of beating Machida than Rampage does and we see how that went. I see this fight being around 80/20 in Machida's favor. Rampage lacks the speed, footwork, and not checking leg kicks to beat Machida and his style plays right in to Machida's hands not as bad as Shogun's style does but still does. I giving Shogun even less of a chance than Rampage and feel the Shogun fight is around 90/10. I feel the Shogun fight will go down a lot like the Thiago fight did.

I agree with ur last sentence. I think if Rampage can get through Rashad then he'll be ready for Lyoto

Post #16   6/4/09 4:06:01PM   

billycarnage

In Full Mount

billycarnage Avatar

Career:300-165
Chips:

Posted by 4u2nv

Posted by telnights

Well I feel Rashad had a better chance of beating Machida than Rampage does and we see how that went. I see this fight being around 80/20 in Machida's favor. Rampage lacks the speed, footwork, and not checking leg kicks to beat Machida and his style plays right in to Machida's hands not as bad as Shogun's style does but still does. I giving Shogun even less of a chance than Rampage and feel the Shogun fight is around 90/10. I feel the Shogun fight will go down a lot like the Thiago fight did.

I agree with ur last sentence. I think if Rampage can get through Rashad then he'll be ready for Lyoto

What is it about Shogun that makes you think he'll lose like Thiago? He is better than Thiago at everything. He is more technical in his stand up and has great BJJ. He also has a great chin. One of you please explain.

Post #17   6/4/09 4:29:32PM   

joshd

Learning to Sprawl

Career:182-121
Chips:
! Shogun dont have enough gas in his tank to last with machida. The only 205 that has a chance against machida is anderson silva!

Last edited 6/5/09 3:22AM server time by hippysmacker
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #18   6/4/09 4:46:20PM   

prozacnation1978

Heavyweight Champ

prozacnation1978 Avatar

Career:2,530-1,341
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
i love rampage but honestly i think only guy who could beat machida is a guy who lost to him before
rich franklin, i do think rich is smart enough to come up with a game plan against him or maybe hendo could beat machida in a decision

Post #19   6/4/09 7:58:12PM   

cloppio

treadin troden trails

cloppio Avatar

Career:506-363
Chips:
my friend Tony could definitely beat Machida!

(just cause i said it, doesn't mean it true)

Post #20   6/4/09 9:59:30PM   

telnights

MODesty

telnights Avatar

Career:1,411-771
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by billycarnage
What is it about Shogun that makes you think he'll lose like Thiago? He is better than Thiago at everything. He is more technical in his stand up and has great BJJ. He also has a great chin. One of you please explain.

Styles make fights....Thiago style is almost the same as Shogun's as they were training partners and they both came out of Chute Boxe. Now Shogun looked like his stand up was becoming more technical in the Chuck fight but that's one fight. Everyone also said Rashad had a great chin as well and we seen how that went down. But if Shogun follows his Chute Boxe style of fighting it will go down like the Thiago fight did. That all out balls to the wall striking of Chute Boxe plays right in to Machida's style. Now not saying I don't like Shogun because I do but out of everyone of the LHWs I think this fight is the worst match up possible for him.

Last edited 6/5/09 12:29AM server time by telnights
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #21   6/5/09 12:25:39AM   

NewGuy

Bas Will Destroy Your Liver

NewGuy Avatar

Career:1,348-774
Chips:
Machida with the belt is too scary to think about. He is in an idea situation to continue to pile up the wins. He is in a defended position now; as in if anyone is going to take the belt they have to take the fight to him and that is where he is the most dangerous (imo).

Aggressive Defense should be synonymous with his name after a few victories.

Post #22   6/5/09 6:37:38AM   

StevieC

MMA Regular

StevieC Avatar

Career:548-340
Camp: Minnesota MMA Maulers
Chips:
Anyone getting sick of Bisping? I don't know, I have never disliked him but I am really looking forward to Hendo kicking his ass.....

Guys Bisping would lose to right now in the MW divsion:

Anderson Silva
Damion Maia
Nate the Great
Wandy Silva
Gegard Mousasi
Rich Franklin
Yushin Okami
Robbie Lawler
and ofcourse Hendo....

He is far from getting there in my opinion...

Post #23   6/5/09 8:09:57AM   

Leland

Standup Guy

Leland Avatar

Career:92-44
Camp: Polk Fight Club
Chips:
If Rampage caught Machida with a mean punch it could turn the tables quickly. However, anyone can catch anyone with the right strike and turn the tables.

Statistically, Machida has the upper hand with his speed and precision. I like to mix things up so I hope Rampage catches him with one of those power punches late in the 2nd.

Post #24   6/5/09 8:28:01AM   

emfleek

FA-Q

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,327-1,229
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by StevieC

Anyone getting sick of Bisping?

Actually, I'm the opposite. I used to not be able to stand the guy but he's growing on me.

Post #25   6/5/09 9:05:25AM   

jlock003

Standup Guy

jlock003 Avatar

Career:543-400
Camp: MAYHEM MONKEYS!!!!!!
Chips:
I would love to see team mate come out and be honest about this stuff. For instance if Rampage were to come out and say, "I mean I just think Anderson Silva would break his foot off in Bisping's ass." I would really respect that. Instead you have this stuff. I mean as to whether or not Rampage would win a fight against Machida who knows. If Shogun exposes a weekness in Machida's game then maybe Rampage could work on it, but as of right now Rampage's explosive/reckless style would put him in another fight with a more proficient Forrest. Leg kicks from hell and a rediculous stiking range. That being said, nobody is unbeatable even Fedor, I'd like to see him keep fighting the best none stop. I will say once he beats barnett his p4p ranking on the playground will skyrocket....well I mean he's already in 1st but it'll be by a much greater percentage....yet even the last emperor is beatable. Everybody is. 3 years ago the world thought Chuck Liddell was damn near bullet proof and couldn't be beaten....now nobody thinks he can beat a top 5 guy...hell maybe even not a top 10 guy....perhaps that is just the naive nature of the casual mma fan, but these "hard core" fans that we have on these forums seem to follow suite. Machida will lose eventually everybody does. Hell it might be to shogun and it might be to rampage/evans. Maybe Liddell will make a comback and take him out LOL! But seriously the day will come when his jump in, strike, and back out style will be figured out and somebody will develope timing against it and lay him out. It's just a matter of when that day will come.

Post #26   6/5/09 11:58:43AM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2