Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

kimbo slice on TUF

Print  
  Page 2 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

theKirK

Learning to Sprawl

theKirK Avatar

Career:209-168
Chips:
as a long time MMA fan i guess im suppose to hate kimbo slice but i really dont as all. Like most ppl i was expecting another Tank Abbot but i was pleasantly suprised by seeing kimbo not afraid to go to the ground and was able to show himself as being more well-rounded than most expected. Really Kimbo's problem was that EliteXC simply placed him to high of a pedalstal to early.

in short if u look at Kimbo's history, 3-1 against much more expienced fighters i might add, I believe TUF is right where Kimbo deserves to be. Is he an undiserving favorite? probably, but that doesnt mean he wont win. Yes it seems UFC is trying to pull in more ratings on this one, but im not going to hate of kimbo for taking advantage of the situation.

Post #16   6/9/09 7:37:55AM   

The_Ho_Bag

MMA Sensei

The_Ho_Bag Avatar

Career:661-454
Chips:

Posted by theKirK

as a long time MMA fan i guess im suppose to hate kimbo slice but i really dont as all. Like most ppl i was expecting another Tank Abbot but i was pleasantly suprised by seeing kimbo not afraid to go to the ground and was able to show himself as being more well-rounded than most expected. Really Kimbo's problem was that EliteXC simply placed him to high of a pedalstal to early.

in short if u look at Kimbo's history, 3-1 against much more expienced fighters i might add, I believe TUF is right where Kimbo deserves to be. Is he an undiserving favorite? probably, but that doesnt mean he wont win. Yes it seems UFC is trying to pull in more ratings on this one, but im not going to hate of kimbo for taking advantage of the situation.

i agree, he realizes this is his chance to improve his skills and he had admitted in the past that hes not the best its just his nutthuggers i.e MMA noobs who made him into a god. im curious to see him against roy nelson

Post #17   6/10/09 7:02:25PM   

Dragoslav

MMA Regular

Career:16-10
Chips:
I'd have paid money to see him fight Brett Rogers.

Post #18   6/11/09 12:31:48PM   

Page 2 of 2     1     2