Pick'em Leagues: THE BIG SHOW CASUAL BEST OF THE REST Single Event PvP: FANTASY POOLS Betting Leagues: THE BIG SHOW BEST OF THE REST

kimbo slice on TUF

Print  
  Page 1 of 2     1     2  
Posted By Message

mmabadboy

Learning to Sprawl

mmabadboy Avatar

Career:22-11
Chips:
I just heard tht former street fighter now mma fighter kimbo slice has found a place on the ultimate fighter series 10, do u think dana actually sees potential in him to be a fighter in the ufc or is he just there for the ratings, hes been training with bas rutten a while now and we've not seen him in the octagon since october last year when he got embarassed by that pink haired guy with the dodgy name. he could have improved alot as a fighter since then as bas is very knowlegeable and experianced in mma, what u guys recon??

Last edited 6/4/09 8:23AM server time by mmabadboy
Edit note/reason: n/a

Post #1   6/4/09 8:22:46AM   

SpiderSilva

1/31/15 a Legend returns

SpiderSilva Avatar

Career:1,894-1,182
Camp: Dark Horse
Chips:
I pretty sure kimbo and bas spilt ways a few months ago do to kimbeard not being 100% comitted. Also kimbeard should hit up att sense he is from flordia that would be great for him.

He's been known to cure narcalepsy by just walking into a room. His orgin donation card list his beard. He is a lover not a fighter but he's also a fighter so don't get any idea's he is SpiderSilva I'm the baddest man alive

Post #2   6/4/09 9:37:35AM   

emfleek

- > THUG LIFE < -

emfleek Avatar

Career:2,386-1,258
Camp: The Ringers
Chips:

Posted by SpiderSilva

I pretty sure kimbo and bas spilt ways a few months ago do to kimbeard not being 100% comitted. Also kimbeard should hit up att sense he is from flordia that would be great for him.

Correct.

MICHAEL DAVID SMITH: I know you've worked closely with Kimbo Slice. When do you think we'll see Kimbo fight again, and will you be in his corner again when he does?

BAS RUTTEN: I stopped training Kimbo. I had him six weeks before the last fight (a loss to Seth Petruzelli on October 4), I talked to him about certain things that I didn't like, and he promised never to do it again, and then he started doing it again. If people come to me and ask me to train them, I want them to do what I tell them to do, because that's what they came for. ... Once you start doing different things, you're out. It's not because he got knocked out. This was already in progress long before the fight.

LINK

Last edited 6/4/09 9:57AM server time by emfleek

Post #3   6/4/09 9:56:57AM   

ToeZup

Standup Guy

ToeZup Avatar

Career:310-202
Camp: fightlockdown
Chips:
I think this is a great move. Everyone still to this day wonders if Kimbo could actually make it in the UFC or be a force in the HW division. We will now have our answer. For the most part letting Kimbo fight his way to the UFC would be the only way anyone would take him serious. If he does well they have another star on their roster. You already know he can bring numbers and numbers is what it's all about.

Post #4   6/4/09 10:04:28AM   

941_Florida_Boy

MMA Regular

941_Florida_Boy Avatar

Career:1,563-1,095
Camp: Playground Mafia
Chips:
I almost dont wanna watch TUF this season now...

Post #5   6/4/09 10:37:52AM   

RhythmAndStyle

MMA Sensei

RhythmAndStyle Avatar

Career:2,537-1,517
Camp: Project Mayhem
Chips:
good move on Kimbo's part..i also herd there's gonna be 4 ex NFL players on this show..should be kinda interestin..maybe i'll start watchin TUF again...

Post #6   6/4/09 11:33:17AM   

mmabadboy

Learning to Sprawl

mmabadboy Avatar

Career:22-11
Chips:
didnt no bas stopped training him, especially not that long ago so i guess the answer to my question is no

(DC Edit: Removed fighter bashing comments. Read the rules. Only warning, next time it's a ban)

Last edited 6/4/09 1:08PM server time by DCRage
Edit note/reason: Removed fighter bashing

Post #7   6/4/09 1:01:32PM   

RNC

In Full Mount

RNC Avatar

Career:312-149
Chips:

Posted by RhythmAndStyle

good move on Kimbo's part..

Great move on Kimbo's part. If Kimbo can manage to make it to the even the semi-finals he will most likely secure himself a spot in the UFC. All he has to do is show that he has the potential to evolve into a serious MMA fighter and not only will he fight in the UFC, but he'll get a huge paycheck while doing it.

Post #8   6/4/09 11:50:41PM   

cloud301336

MMA Regular

cloud301336 Avatar

Career:370-208
Chips:

Posted by 941_Florida_Boy

I almost dont wanna watch TUF this season now...

Why not? is it because of kimbo? if it is, then wouldn't you wanna watch it to see him possibly get TKO again?

Last edited 6/6/09 2:25AM server time by cloud301336

Post #9   6/6/09 2:23:57AM   

TNPanther78

Banned

TNPanther78 Avatar

Career:42-35
Camp: Rage In The Cage
Chips:
I think its a great move for Kimbo, and there are some ex NFL players comin too so it will be interesting to see.

Post #10   6/6/09 4:06:24PM   

Dragoslav

MMA Regular

Career:16-10
Chips:
Kimbo is a can. The only reason I'll be watching this show is so I can say "I told you so" to people I work with who think Kimbo Slice is actually a fighter.

Post #11   6/6/09 5:02:43PM   

The_Ho_Bag

MMA Sensei

The_Ho_Bag Avatar

Career:661-454
Chips:

Posted by Dragoslav

Kimbo is a can. The only reason I'll be watching this show is so I can say "I told you so" to people I work with who think Kimbo Slice is actually a fighter.

i agree BUT you have to give the man props he at realizes that hes not the best and that TUF is a great opportunity for him to get better as a fighter and to maybe win the show

Post #12   6/7/09 7:32:10PM   

Dragoslav

MMA Regular

Career:16-10
Chips:

Posted by The_Ho_Bag

Posted by Dragoslav

i agree BUT you have to give the man props he at realizes that hes not the best and that TUF is a great opportunity for him to get better as a fighter and to maybe win the show

In theory what you say is true. In reality the guys he was fighting in EliteXC were TUF regects. They couldn't even make it on the show. Proof is in the loss to Seth Petruzelli. Seth got blasted on the show and ran out of the UFC by Matt Hammill. And Seth isn't even a legit heavyweight.

Post #13   6/8/09 1:47:55PM   

slapshot

In Full Mount

slapshot Avatar

Career:533-335
Camp: Ultimate Fighter Top Team
Chips:
I was listening to THE BEATDOWN a sherdog radio show and they were talking about this and said that Kimbo had secured a contract that payed more than any of the other tuff winners, so if he wins his contract will be for much more than any other tuff winner.

I think its going to be hard for him to win this but even if he dose it wont be indicative of how skilled Kimbo is, it will be more or less saying how weak the HW prospects are.

I think adding Kimbo brings a buzz and was very good business by zuffa. If Kimbo goes in there and starts winning and gets the grand prize Dana wont be linched for signing him and he is marketable for some reason. On the other hand if he "goes bust" they can just say "see how far the UFC's HWs are above the other promotions" etc...

But win or lose it will be interesting to see how Kimbo interacts with these guys.

People will tune in to see what he dose when he gets pranked and how he responds to the coaches. The interaction between Kimbo Jackson or Kimbo Evens could be quite plush.

Im still not too happy with him getting a better contract than everyone else if he wins, it just sits wrong with me but it was very smart to add him to the roster.

Last edited 6/9/09 5:22AM server time by slapshot
5 total post edits

Post #14   6/8/09 4:05:18PM   

deezyo

MMA Regular

deezyo Avatar

Career:979-773
Camp: C.O.B.
Chips:
gonna be the best season so far, i cant wait

Post #15   6/8/09 11:31:05PM